Author Topic: Standardbred longevity  (Read 2838 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

SeattleSlew

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 702
Standardbred longevity
« on: April 15, 2025, 08:09:10 AM »
Was looking through the list of horse "passings" for 2024 and there were 15 USTA registered horses that lived to 45 years old.  I have one who made it to 37 and thought that was about as far as they go, but 45 is amazing.

What is the oldest horse you have knowledge of?

MIKE CAMPBELL

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2815
Re: Standardbred longevity
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2025, 10:28:57 AM »
I had a Bye Bye Byrd gelding that lived to 47.

HayDaze

  • 4 claimer
  • **
  • Posts: 74
Re: Standardbred longevity
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2025, 12:23:55 PM »
horses living in the wild are lucky to make it to 15

Meadow Ford

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1068
Re: Standardbred longevity
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2025, 06:23:30 PM »
I don't believe horses are living into their forties.
I do believe the stats on death dates in the April "Hoof Beats" are very misleading.
I ALSO DON'T BELIEVE THAT ABOUT 99% OF ALL DEATHS HAPPENED ON THE FIRST DAY OF THE MONTH AS IMPLYED BY "Hoof Beats" stats.
I don't know the answer, but somethling is off gait.
I am just an old horse trainer still going around in circles. Sometimes Fast. Sometimes Half-Fast.

 

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Trigger: Go choke to death on a cock wiggles  ngc3 wiggles the grape vine says this one may actually sport a vagina like that other cuntface P2  ngc3
    Today at 10:29:06 AM
  • wiggles44: Grammar Mike #2
    Today at 10:25:30 AM
  • Trigger: Tennessee  ngc3 Our beloved Dolly Parton still deceased...Cuntfa ce Christa Pike survives botched lethal injection execution.  What happened to chopping the head off, no survived that shit yet!  ;D
    Today at 10:08:43 AM
  • JT: $90 grand late pick 5 carryover at Horseshoe Indiana today
    Today at 08:58:07 AM
  • Kirby's Ace: 73cv.2
    October 06, 2026, 10:09:44 PM
  • Kirby's Ace: Was there a power outage?
    October 06, 2026, 10:09:30 PM
  • Trigger: Bello has lit up NFLD!  tmbz1
    October 06, 2026, 10:03:23 PM
  • Trigger: G, a guy is going to show up at your house, MikeAnt, a dozen homies too  ngc3 they're going to take care of your women.  Drop your drawers and enjoy the show.  ngc3
    October 06, 2026, 09:14:36 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal