Author Topic: The New York State Of Welfare  (Read 13091 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Brown jug

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 3926
Re: The New York State Of Welfare
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2024, 10:29:20 AM »
fyi mp
my  horses live/are treated  better than you

Gaagoots

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 5070
Re: The New York State Of Welfare
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2024, 10:33:22 AM »
I'm not gullible Gaag, but Mike is credible.
👍 I’m sure your not gullible

TheGrimReaper

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1225
Re: The New York State Of Welfare
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2024, 10:50:17 AM »
I am always right because I use bold type and large print.  He who yells the loudest is always right.  What a bunch of bullshit.
THE INDUSTRY'S DEAD

Harness racer

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 4873
Re: The New York State Of Welfare
« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2024, 12:33:47 PM »
👍 I’m sure your not gullible

There is a fine line between gullible and stupid!  ngc3

Ignorance Is Bliss

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 7642
Re: The New York State Of Welfare
« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2024, 04:47:49 AM »
Er Uh……getting a horse ready to possibly compete in the business you despise. I can see clearly now.
And while in the city, interviewing a carriage driver, you ‘casually’ mentioned your active involvement in that same despised business.
Yup….im still a troll — pointing out the PetrelLIES as they occur.

Wrong again blows over the limit man.
Am I racing him? Nope.
Did I charge the owner to train him down? Nope, it's fun.
When we leased him out it was a ONE HUNDRED PERCENT lease.
No you're not a troll, you're a fool.
So CMJAKNEW nothing again.

CMJAnew

  • Top Claimer
  • ***
  • Posts: 245
Re: The New York State Of Welfare
« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2024, 05:20:37 AM »
Wrong again blows over the limit man.
Am I racing him? Nope.
Did I charge the owner to train him down? Nope, it's fun.
When we leased him out it was a ONE HUNDRED PERCENT lease.
No you're not a troll, you're a fool.
So CMJAKNEW nothing again.

LOL…I see. Just playing around the edges of the sport…..while playing with words.
And, as for your statement to the carriage guy?
Still sounds like a couple PetrelLIEs to me.
Reread It

rainman2

  • Living Legend
  • *******
  • Posts: 27208
Re: The New York State Of Welfare
« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2024, 05:50:48 AM »
So Vernon and Monticello are welfare to horsemen?
Horseplop isn’t a popularity contest!!

Superfecta

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 4690
Re: The New York State Of Welfare
« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2024, 07:23:11 AM »
So Vernon and Monticello are welfare to horsemen?

YES. It will end soon and the once Mighty M will be part of the 17B grave yard.
Vernon will end as soon as Mr Hypocrite dies and I think he’s in his 90’s.

Ignorance Is Bliss

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 7642
Re: The New York State Of Welfare
« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2024, 05:36:25 PM »
So Vernon and Monticello are welfare to horsemen?

It's simple economics. When an "industry" loses money every minute and is propped up by revenue pumped in from the outside with absolutely no return to the donors, that's welfare. Though most in harness racing believe they are entitled to it. Screw those people in the real world who save lives or risk their own for the general public and get nothing when they're in trouble. #StallCleanersLivesMatter #HorseKillersLivesMatter #CriminalsArePeopleToo

Grandstand Handicapper

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2777
  • Which wolf wins? The one you feed.
Re: The New York State Of Welfare
« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2024, 05:52:41 PM »
Debating the "welfare" argument is fallacious at best. Obviously the harness industry today is reliant upon "other" sources of monies. I couldn't care less if it's true subsidies from the state, supplemental monies to the purse account, payments for not having VLT's or other gambling, or whatever. However, if the people who run race tracks continue to turn a blind eye and a deaf ear to reality----then yes, one day they may find themselves out of business. No, not Gulfstream, and not the Meadowlands, and not a key few others.

They will eventually turn to "alternative revenue sources" -- entertainment, hospitality, real estate, and yes, casinos. My hope is that a track that is owned and operated by a real horseman, like Gural, get a casino. I also don't want to see a company that owns a racetrack, that starts out as a company that is focused on racing, transition and abandon racing simply to become a casino company. I think these examples will be Gulfstream, the Meadowlands, Woodbine/Mohawk, probably one or two of the tracks in PA, and as far as the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic, too much political football, and CD is the lion who will eat what they kill. I'd like to see Santa Anita and Del Mar survive and thrive but I don't know if they will ever get the breathing room from the legislation, which is so stacked in the favor of the Indian tribes. NY is a bit of the same.

Ignorance Is Bliss

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 7642
Re: The New York State Of Welfare
« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2024, 08:57:01 AM »

 tmbz1

Ignorance Is Bliss

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 7642
Re: The New York State Of Welfare
« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2024, 09:06:47 AM »
There. I just saved your "industry".  ngc3
« Last Edit: July 06, 2024, 09:10:12 AM by M P »

Kole Hanover

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1110
  • Best year yet! Only Sept & all 3 are winners
Re: The New York State Of Welfare
« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2024, 07:43:50 PM »

 But you don't have a pot to piss in, you have never donated to any charity in your life. You're the grifter, drifter.

 Never met a hand out you didn't like...
Best time of year watch the young horses racing for great money. Nothing better than following the horses, going to wherever their next stake is, with family.

Ignorance Is Bliss

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 7642
Re: The New York State Of Welfare
« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2024, 07:47:43 PM »
But you don't have a pot to piss in, you have never donated to any charity in your life. You're the grifter, drifter.

 Never met a hand out you didn't like...

Prove it. Same way I can prove your entire industry survives off donations. Post your name .then post the proof. Other than that you existence is so empty you need to continue to hide and piss in the wind.  tmbz1

Brown jug

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 3926
Re: The New York State Of Welfare
« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2024, 07:59:56 PM »
mp
time to move on my friend
you are just regurgitating the same dribble
take a vacation or go play golf

 

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • wiggles44: Hi again Mike :)
    Today at 02:30:15 PM
  • Trigger: Taint tapped out  ;D
    Today at 02:04:07 PM
  • Trigger: If I was to go under as a Misfit how retarded and boring do you have to get, pretty muh a lot  ngc3 almost impossible to pull that off and repeat the same shit for months  ngc3
    Today at 01:52:27 PM
  • JT: Looks that way  :P
    Today at 01:31:05 PM
  • wiggles44: Too many :)
    Today at 01:28:19 PM
  • JT: Looks like a long day for ya here wiggles..going on 6 hours now..lots of screenshots to check I suppose  :P
    Today at 01:22:31 PM
  • wiggles44: Are you allowed near women Mike?   :)
    Today at 01:16:36 PM
  • dougie: Andrew? LOL!
    Today at 01:05:13 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal