Author Topic: Yonkers announcers  (Read 1834 times)

Mr Og

• Top Claimer
Yonkers announcers
« on: May 21, 2024, 11:20:16 PM »
Seems like Yonkers has a different announcer every night I listen. This guy tonight was really good. Last night’s was solid. Why do they rotate so many guys?

harnessplop

• Stakes Horse
Re: Yonkers announcers
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2024, 02:51:53 AM »
I thought guy Tues and Monday were the same. The guy who has the Cindy Brady lisp...Jason barlett...isn't the best.

Mr Og

• Top Claimer
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2024, 08:35:52 AM »
I’m pretty sure they were different guys but I could be wrong.

yonkersjeff

• Open / FFA
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2024, 01:48:43 PM »

Probably don't want to hire anyone full time cause they they save on benefits

Guy last nite didn't shut up. Gave recap of every horse  every race.

Mr Og

• Top Claimer
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2024, 02:41:36 PM »
     Probably don't want to hire anyone full time cause they they save on benefits

Guy last nite didn't shut up. Gave recap of every horse  every race.

Makes sense on the benefits angle. I thought they hired Edison full time.

Last night’s guy has a similar format like Jim Beviglia at Pocono, who I like. I like when they give a horse by horse preview of each horse and angles to consider. Sometimes it makes me go back and see something I may have missed. Guy last night seems to know his sh%%! I like it better than the typical dead air at Yonkers. 🤷🏻

JL52

• Open / FFA
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2024, 04:54:21 PM »

Last night’s guy has a similar format like Jim Beviglia at Pocono, who I like. I like when they give a horse by horse preview of each horse and angles to consider. Sometimes it makes me go back and see something I may have missed. Guy last night seems to know his sh%%! I like it better than the typical dead air at Yonkers. 🤷🏻
Jim at Pocono never takes a day off. He’s pretty good, though he sounds like a weatherman when he mentions which way the wind is blowing- unless it’s a gale, Jim, does it really matter? And, esp since I think he has been a teacher, his misuse of “ matriculating”, as in “ they are matriculating up the backstretch”, is funny. Unless the horses are enrolling at the 5/8 pole, I think he should choose another phrase. But compared to some of his brethren, he is fine.

Here they come

• Top Claimer
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2024, 03:38:11 PM »
That was George Anthony last nite.

Mr Og

• Top Claimer
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2024, 05:03:07 PM »
That was George Anthony last nite.

I was referring to Tuesday and Monday nights.

theokodjak26

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2024, 05:51:42 PM »
Out of all the announcers who have been auditioning I think George Anthony stands out. George still knows how to make a race call colorful and brings some excitement. Now George is not a kid any more so I don’t know if he is up to announcing five nights a week. What I really wish is for Yonkers to bring back the very professional John Hernan. I have no idea why John is no longer in the YR booth. He is much too good for Ocean Downs.

harnessplop

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2024, 10:05:58 AM »
Who is c I ndy Brady who annojncwrs..silly wabbit

bigsexyca

• NW-1
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2024, 10:11:28 AM »

That was my man Larry Fox. He’s not looking for a full time gig but fills in every now and then and is doing a great job for someone who basically just started!

Mr Og

• Top Claimer
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2024, 01:40:13 AM »
That was my man Larry Fox. He’s not looking for a full time gig but fills in every now and then and is doing a great job for someone who basically just started!

For a guy who just started, he’s pretty good. He’s more exciting and knowledgeable than many

Newt Lobell

• Top Claimer
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2024, 01:55:11 PM »
Out of all the announcers who have been auditioning I think George Anthony stands out. George still knows how to make a race call colorful and brings some excitement. Now George is not a kid any more so I don’t know if he is up to announcing five nights a week. What I really wish is for Yonkers to bring back the very professional John Hernan. I have no idea why John is no longer in the YR booth. He is much too good for Ocean Downs.

John wanted to call the races at Ocean Downs last summer. Yonkers would not give him the time off.

sledge hammer

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2024, 01:58:51 PM »
John wanted to call the races at Ocean Downs last summer. Yonkers would not give him the time off.

Hernan had enough of that cesspool and had to move on...now he does his own thing while still being able to stay in the game seasonally at Ocean and he's better off...I'm happy for him.

seen2much

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2024, 06:34:46 PM »
John was better than the ones they have now.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • SwankToliverA: What about him?
    June 13, 2024, 12:18:31 AM
  • Loserbob: Rene allard
    June 11, 2024, 08:02:07 PM
  • M P: BREAKING NEWS: Ploptwats are outwardly angry that pictures of horses they trash are posted on Plop...
    June 10, 2024, 10:11:17 PM
  • M P: Breaking News: Members of Horseplop state killing Standardbreds is perfectly fine. Stay tuned for more.
    June 10, 2024, 05:21:49 PM
  • In It Deep: Hi Liberals
    June 05, 2024, 04:40:07 PM
  • In It Deep: 11.tfk
    May 28, 2024, 07:54:33 PM
  • In It Deep: The Butt Nut
    May 28, 2024, 07:49:02 PM
  • Bernie Madoff: ngc3 ngc3 ngc3
    May 24, 2024, 08:05:54 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal