Author Topic: Mohawk Friday  (Read 3033 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

whiptherabbit

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2600
Mohawk Friday
« on: March 08, 2024, 06:07:46 PM »
Race#1-#6 GLENBORO 6-1 ML Bearly sprung pocket ticket at big odds last time out. Odds will decrease , ideal spot to blast, speed will get her situated.

Race #6- $50 exactor 8/6,9

Race#10-#8 FEEL ITINYOYRHANDS 5-1 Beeen unimpressive since debut with Moreau, #10 lays over this bunch but post 10, combined with Phil Hudon makes me look elsewhere.

Best of luck!  tmbz1

Bitter Truth

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2646
Re: Mohawk Friday
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2024, 07:00:51 PM »
 7th #1 Spicy Red Head. Probably super chalk but I feel a key single in the pivotal 7th. End of early pic4 ,start of another, part of late pic five. Don't love the rail at Mohawk or with trotters but should deliver if she doesn't run. No jumps on the sheet. [jinx?]

Brkn Headpole

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 986
Re: Mohawk Friday
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2024, 07:32:40 PM »
James MacDonald must be on drugs. Caused a chain reaction accident in first running up the back of the horse in front of him. Almost did it with Prince Sussex last week.

MOHAWK FREAK

  • Open / FFA
  • ****
  • Posts: 432
Re: Mohawk Friday
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2024, 07:50:31 PM »
James MacDonald must be on drugs. Caused a chain reaction accident in first running up the back of the horse in front of him. Almost did it with Prince Sussex last week.

I think Cullen totally caused that one. Pulled the pocket, took the lead then jammed them all up.

Bitter Truth

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2646
Re: Mohawk Friday
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2024, 07:55:57 PM »
 That was my thought too, Freak. Shit happens..26.2 to almost 30. qtrs . Wonder it doesn't happen more. I remember Campbell got taken down at  The Red Mile for backing them down 'TOO' much, according to the  judges. Couldn't believe it then or now.

Notroublehere

  • NW-1
  • *
  • Posts: 2
Re: Mohawk Friday
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2024, 10:16:47 PM »
Does anyone have a replay

HarnessFan1981

  • Open / FFA
  • ****
  • Posts: 370
Re: Mohawk Friday
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2024, 10:22:40 PM »

Notroublehere

  • NW-1
  • *
  • Posts: 2
Re: Mohawk Friday
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2024, 10:46:44 PM »
Thanks they don’t usually post the ones with accidents. Accident absolutely caused by slow second quarter. Bullshit

Meadow Ford

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1069
Re: Mohawk Friday
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2024, 06:39:50 PM »
Thanks they don’t usually post the ones with accidents. Accident absolutely caused by slow second quarter. Bullshit
IMHO
I believe a contributing factor was today's style of driving.
Less control because your hands are tucked in your belle button.
Less visablity ahead of you because you are laying back with your head below the horses butt.
I am sure there was much less running up on the horse ahead of you in the Stanley Dancer/ Billy Haughton era.
Yes yes I know I am an old out of touch old man.
I am just an old horse trainer still going around in circles. Sometimes Fast. Sometimes Half-Fast.

 

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Trigger: Perfect capping through 6 at fuckhole Mohawk - pick 5 for a very small investment, last exacta too 8)
    Today at 08:30:52 PM
  • JT: Not what I said at all ngc3 I said that 4 starts in 4 weeks or 5 in 6 weeks is tough on any 2 year old regardless the level of competition
    Today at 07:34:43 PM
  • darnoldrocks: 2 year olds don't need rest ???  I disagree.
    Today at 07:30:30 PM
  • JT: Well, any 2 year old that is tough, level is really irrelevant
    Today at 07:25:49 PM
  • darnoldrocks: Between the 11th and 26th.   DAJC racing 4 weeks in a row is tough at this level.
    Today at 07:24:34 PM
  • JT: I gotcha  tmbz.. he is a nice colt, but that was a fast mile with fast fractions
    Today at 07:24:14 PM
  • JT: He's raced 5 of the last 6 weeks? What rest are you speaking of?
    Today at 07:22:48 PM
  • darnoldrocks: I like his 2 week rest between the 11th and 26th.   Races 3 weeks in a row vs DAJC going 4 weeks in a row.
    Today at 07:22:11 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal