Author Topic: How much is your addiction?  (Read 6963 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

MOHAWK FREAK

  • Open / FFA
  • ****
  • Posts: 432
How much is your addiction?
« on: February 22, 2024, 01:07:19 PM »
How much do you pour in annually on race related wagers? I’m not talking about handle, I’m talking about total loss. I would have to say 45k last year for me. Total. Going to get it back this year though.

onabrake

  • Open / FFA
  • ****
  • Posts: 387
Re: How much is your addiction?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2024, 01:36:06 PM »
If you lost 45k last year, you better get a new hobby. $3800 per month as an "addiction", means true degenerate, and no, chasing those loses will not mean you are getting it back this year. Good luck, but the chasing losses phase is always far worse than the original losses, especially with the high level of variables and takeouts in horse racing.

7minuteAbz

  • Top Claimer
  • ***
  • Posts: 218
Re: How much is your addiction?
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2024, 01:58:54 PM »
I've blown close to $1M life time.

Open bridle

  • Open / FFA
  • ****
  • Posts: 435
Re: How much is your addiction?
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2024, 05:55:18 PM »
You want to lose a million, start with a million handicapping horse racing.

rainman2

  • Living Legend
  • *******
  • Posts: 27073
Re: How much is your addiction?
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2024, 06:06:26 PM »
This blog only talks about how much money people bet. What about those who are in actual horse ownership? 
Horseplop isn’t a popularity contest!!

LUCPARK

  • Living Legend
  • *******
  • Posts: 57807
  • HES A GOOD GUY ,FAMILY MAN AND A CHRISTIAN
Re: How much is your addiction?
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2024, 06:16:58 PM »
This blog only talks about how much money people bet. What about those who are in actual horse ownership?

I’ve lost over 4 million

Owning horses over the last 16 yrs
REAL AMERICANS DONT TAKE A KNEE

rainman2

  • Living Legend
  • *******
  • Posts: 27073
Re: How much is your addiction?
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2024, 06:19:08 PM »
I’ve lost over 4 million

Owning horses over the last 16 yrs

Which cost more— the past/current girlfriends or the horses?  You don’t have to answer this!!
Horseplop isn’t a popularity contest!!

Frank the Zipper

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 802
  • Shoot 'em up
Re: How much is your addiction?
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2024, 06:26:29 PM »
Large breasted women -1.5 million
Alcoholic drinks           -  .7 million
Recreational drugs       -  .5 million
Texas Hold'em             -   200 K
Casinos                       +  150 K
Slots                               00.00
Horse racing                - prefer not to say.

guess I'm an all-round athlete !
« Last Edit: February 22, 2024, 06:28:28 PM by Frank the Zipper »

LUCPARK

  • Living Legend
  • *******
  • Posts: 57807
  • HES A GOOD GUY ,FAMILY MAN AND A CHRISTIAN
Re: How much is your addiction?
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2024, 06:46:14 PM »
Which cost more— the past/current girlfriends or the horses?  You don’t have to answer this!!

U already know the answer

 ;D
REAL AMERICANS DONT TAKE A KNEE

Parked

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2806
Re: How much is your addiction?
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2024, 07:08:38 PM »
How much do you pour in annually on race related wagers? I’m not talking about handle, I’m talking about total loss. I would have to say 45k last year for me. Total. Going to get it back this year though.
When you try to get even you get in even worse.

Mailbox Money

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1231
Re: How much is your addiction?
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2024, 07:17:41 PM »
2 hundos a day for the most part! I finally learned that When you're hot you're hot and when you're not you're not! I guess I am a slow learner because it took 35yrs. to realize that sometimes things are not meant to be! tmbz1

kantseeback

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 4447
  • TDS HAS INFESTED THIS PLACE LIKE A ROACH NEST
Re: How much is your addiction?
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2024, 07:44:08 PM »
How much do you pour in annually on race related wagers? I’m not talking about handle, I’m talking about total loss. I would have to say 45k last year for me. Total. Going to get it back this year though.

Contrary to some genius posters on here I haven't bet a horse race since 2017 and that year only once. 30 years ago, I wagered quite often but I can't put a dollar amount on it.

rainman2

  • Living Legend
  • *******
  • Posts: 27073
Re: How much is your addiction?
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2024, 07:46:57 PM »
When you own them, the amount you bet is actually less than when you don't own them. 
Horseplop isn’t a popularity contest!!

Stan durbread

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2274
Re: How much is your addiction?
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2024, 08:47:12 PM »
Large breasted women -1.5 million
Alcoholic drinks           -  .7 million
Recreational drugs       -  .5 million
Texas Hold'em             -   200 K
Casinos                       +  150 K
Slots                               00.00
Horse racing                - prefer not to say.

guess I'm an all-round athlete !

You forgot the 2.5 million in taxes

rainman2

  • Living Legend
  • *******
  • Posts: 27073
Re: How much is your addiction?
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2024, 08:53:56 PM »
You forgot the 2.5 million in taxes

Taxes?  Really?  Many people in the world today try to cheat on them so they don't have to pay them!  Pick your own names that do this!
Horseplop isn’t a popularity contest!!

 

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • dougie: Next weeks game between KC and the raiders is going to be big!
    Today at 12:03:27 AM
  • Kirby's Ace: Denver must if brought in Kansas City refs! Terrible calls against them late.
    September 27, 2026, 11:59:26 PM
  • Kirby's Ace: Agree
    September 27, 2026, 11:45:03 PM
  • dougie: I think the refs bet Denver. horrible calls.
    September 27, 2026, 11:41:23 PM
  • Kirby's Ace: Rams
    September 27, 2026, 11:39:16 PM
  • Kirby's Ace: Ransom getting fuk by bad calls late 4th
    September 27, 2026, 11:39:07 PM
  • dougie: A peice of this a piece of that.....LOL!
    September 27, 2026, 11:24:41 PM
  • rainman2: right now the movie of choice is groundhog day
    September 27, 2026, 11:23:39 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal