Author Topic: just over 50 yrs ago, Windsor Raceway drivers comp....first prize - A CAR  (Read 2297 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Jctoronto

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2204
COURTESY HARNESS RACING UPDATE AND MURRAY BROWN INTERVIEW WITH GILLES GENDRON
a couple of tidbits

**
In 1972, Windsor Raceway conducted a North American Drivers Championship, THE CHALLENGE OF CHAMPIONS, won by Gilles Gendron over Carmine Abbatiello, Ron Feagan, Herve Filion, Del Insko, Joe Marsh Jr, Lew Williams and Greg Wright. The winner receiving a brand new Chrysler Imperial automobile. a very Windsor/Detroit thing to do.

**
Tell me something about Gilles Gendron that nobody knows?

“I don’t know about nobody, but here is something that very few people know. I and a few friends once owned CAM FELLA. There were three of us. We bought three mares in foal, with the goal of raising their foals and selling them as yearlings. One of those mares was Nan Cam, the dam of Cam Fella, who was carrying him when we bought the mares. We kept the mares at Walnut Hall Farm where they had their babies. We sold Cam Fella as a yearling, for as I recall $21,000. He was bought by Doug Arthur. Doug started him fairly late at 2. I think in November, maybe even December. He made a few starts with him and then sold him to the two Norms, Clements and Faulkner, for as I heard $100,000. After she had Cam Fella, she never had another notable foal again.”

ty MR BROWN AND HRU & ROBERT SMITH STANDARDBRED CANADA

 

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • JT: Where is admin ngc3..just looking for admin ngc3..
    Today at 04:36:29 PM
  • JT: I mean outta nowhere posting THAT. I'm not even Jewish and that pissed me off 11.wp
    Today at 04:34:41 PM
  • Trigger: Chihuahua Cock entered the plop jungle, 2 years, friendless, despondent, now doesn't understand how his shit is upside down  ;D
    Today at 04:32:40 PM
  • JT: Darnold..what a fall from grace, even though there never was a grace ngc3
    Today at 04:28:53 PM
  • Trigger: Must be your boy Calhoun, a new fairytale, he's in SOFL making demands...Kirby your support an d his mere existance is devastating how small and insignifigant he makes you appear here  ngc3
    Today at 04:27:04 PM
  • JT: Trig broke your sorry ass ngc3I used to feel kinda sorry for you, but you've totally crumbled like a year old cookie ngc3
    Today at 04:26:20 PM
  • Kirby's Ace: Somebody sounds "Triggered"  73cv.2..
    Today at 04:25:31 PM
  • JT: WTF is that comment Darnold. I will speak for Dougie.. 96z.p
    Today at 04:24:31 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal