Author Topic: Hollywood Haden Handicapping  (Read 1843 times)

Foalin at 4

• Top Claimer
Hollywood Haden Handicapping
« on: October 06, 2023, 04:07:17 PM »
HE SUCKS

wiseowl

• Open / FFA
Re: Hollywood Haden Handicapping
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2023, 04:14:54 PM »
He knows more then you ever will.

Foalin at 4

• Top Claimer
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2023, 04:16:39 PM »
He knows more then you ever will.

Like you know me, LMAO

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2023, 04:25:20 PM »

Like you know me, LMAO
Agreed. Heyden has ALWAYS been a lousy handicapper. In fact, I don't know what he is good at or what his purpose is. I have been watching his act for over 35 years. Anybody can  punch up a bunch of stats like "so and so is a half sister to the dam of blah, blah, blah" or "Ron Pierce is the winningest driver ever at the Big M on Fridays under a full moon". Tired, drab ass kisser.

Locked in with pace

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2023, 05:03:26 PM »
He Rattles off stats that are useless. Today, one of his big stats was that 2 great mares were born in the same month 15 years apart. WHO CARES!!!

winky

• 4 claimer
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2023, 05:08:25 PM »
how about......this is a  3/4 sister

to the full brother of  Professor Irwin Corey.

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2023, 05:41:00 PM »
He Rattles off stats that are useless. Today, one of his big stats was that 2 great mares were born in the same month 15 years apart. WHO CARES!!!
Exactly. Did he remind viewers that the month was prolly April or May and a VAST majority of racehorses are born then, so no biggie.

theokodjak26

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2023, 05:56:22 PM »
First of all I remember when Holly was a lot heavier. It feels like at least 20 years that he has kept the weight off. How many of you chubby Ploppers can say that? Secondly do any of us really know a consistently good handicapper that isn’t on the inside cheating? I’ve always said being in the public and suggesting which horses to bet can be one of the most embarrassing of jobs. Third if you don’t appreciate what Holly has brought to the harness game for what seems like 40+ years, then just turn down the volume. He is just trying to educate and entertain you. Does he really hurt anyone whether in the game or just a fan? Ok Holly rarely smiles and seem a bit aloof at times, but his good has far outweighed any negatives that I am aware of. If you really wanted to pick on someone in the business try scum bags like Dale Hiteman not Holly Hayden.

Mazola

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2023, 06:01:26 PM »
First of all I remember when Holly was a lot heavier. It feels like at least 20 years that he has kept the weight off. How many of you chubby Ploppers can say that? Secondly do any of us really know a consistently good handicapper that isn’t on the inside cheating? I’ve always said being in the public and suggesting which horses to bet can be one of the most embarrassing of jobs. Third if you don’t appreciate what Holly has brought to the harness game for what seems like 40+ years, then just turn down the volume. He is just trying to educate and entertain you. Does he really hurt anyone whether in the game or just a fan? Ok Holly rarely smiles and seem a bit aloof at times, but his good has far outweighed any negatives that I am aware of. If you really wanted to pick on someone in the business try scum bags like Dale Hiteman not Holly Hayden.
tmbz1

Some people seem to like to bad mouth others. Of course, anonymously.

Meadow Ford

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2023, 06:04:20 PM »
First of all I remember when Holly was a lot heavier. It feels like at least 20 years that he has kept the weight off. How many of you chubby Ploppers can say that? Secondly do any of us really know a consistently good handicapper that isn’t on the inside cheating? I’ve always said being in the public and suggesting which horses to bet can be one of the most embarrassing of jobs. Third if you don’t appreciate what Holly has brought to the harness game for what seems like 40+ years, then just turn down the volume. He is just trying to educate and entertain you. Does he really hurt anyone whether in the game or just a fan? Ok Holly rarely smiles and seem a bit aloof at times, but his good has far outweighed any negatives that I am aware of.
tmbz1 tmbz1 tmbz1
I am just an old horse trainer still going around in circles. Sometimes Fast. Sometimes Half-Fast.

JIDGE

• Open / FFA
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2023, 06:15:26 PM »
Heyden is a historian with over 40 years in the industry. If memory serves me correct, he started at Sports Eye before working at the Meadowlands. He has a wealth of knowledge acquired through the years, but that does not make him a handicapper. Handicapping is someone's opinion like the guys who used to sell tip sheets when you walked in the track. If you need to rely on that -- good luck.

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2023, 06:26:45 PM »
1. Try talking to Heyden when HE is not in the mood to talk to you. 2 I would have a lot more respect for people like Bob Heyden and all others of his ilk, if and when, regardless of the fact that he is paid to pick horses, he and the others apologized when the horses perform abysmally. Of course, they are not responsible. I don't mean all the time, but say something when it's an epic beatdown. But case in point - a couple weeks ago after TYwinBJoeFresh rattles off that monster mile down at Lex. Ok, so he does the rah, rah interview with Chris Ryder. Now, it is Walner Payton's turn. Heyden is analyzing the race and says, "I feel that we are on the verge of seeing Walner Payton do some thing historic here, blah, blah, blah" Well, you all saw the race you couldn't find WP with a telescope as Mammamia Volo jerked her bridle. Never say something like, Sorry, guys I was really wrong about that one. then he goes down and fluffs up to Pinske. Heyden is a stat guy, he is no handicapper. Never was. Now Charlie Singer, the old odds maker at the NigM, that guy was sharp as a tack.

theokodjak26

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2023, 07:46:29 PM »
Fug I don’t know any public handicapper who apologizes for a bad picks especially when they bet some other horse with longer odds 😉. I will add that Gabe Prewitt and John Berry, who put their opinions out there every live racing night at Pompano, never apologized either. However what they did to ease their followers pain was to regularly laugh at themselves. Both men are harness lifers with a lot of knowledge and their picks were rarely better than mine or some rookie bettor. When it comes to picking winners it is what it is. May the horse be with you!!

HornbyDuke

• Elite
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2023, 07:57:10 PM »
Dont care for hayden as handicapper.

JIDGE

• Open / FFA
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2023, 08:01:37 PM »
You'll never find a television handicapper apologize for a loss -- it's an admission of defeat. They're basically there for the layman to get acquainted to the sport -- like the morning line odds -- what a joke they are sometimes.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • SwankToliverA: What about him?
    June 13, 2024, 12:18:31 AM
  • Loserbob: Rene allard
    June 11, 2024, 08:02:07 PM
  • M P: BREAKING NEWS: Ploptwats are outwardly angry that pictures of horses they trash are posted on Plop...
    June 10, 2024, 10:11:17 PM
  • M P: Breaking News: Members of Horseplop state killing Standardbreds is perfectly fine. Stay tuned for more.
    June 10, 2024, 05:21:49 PM
  • In It Deep: Hi Liberals
    June 05, 2024, 04:40:07 PM
  • In It Deep: 11.tfk
    May 28, 2024, 07:54:33 PM
  • In It Deep: The Butt Nut
    May 28, 2024, 07:49:02 PM
  • Bernie Madoff: ngc3 ngc3 ngc3
    May 24, 2024, 08:05:54 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal