Author Topic: Hollywood Haden Handicapping  (Read 1844 times)

theokodjak26

• Stakes Horse
Re: Hollywood Haden Handicapping
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2023, 08:16:12 PM »
If you want to review bad handicapping tune into the FS1/2 Saratoga Racecourse NYRA show in the summer. These people are incredibly knowledgeable about the horses and the people responsible for their well being. They do all sorts of stories about the breeders, trainers and owners. It goes on and on how creative this show has been. Yet with all this most of the time they get it very wrong. Whether it is Jonathan Kinchen, professional handicapper, Gary Stevens or Richie Migliore ex-jocks etc they get it wrong many more times than an occasional winner, no real apologies. But if one of these people get one right the praise they bestow on each other is just over the top. You would think one of these guys found the cure for cancer. But no apologies 🤨

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2023, 09:35:27 PM »
If you want to review bad handicapping tune into the FS1/2 Saratoga Racecourse NYRA show in the summer. These people are incredibly knowledgeable about the horses and the people responsible for their well being. They do all sorts of stories about the breeders, trainers and owners. It goes on and on how creative this show has been. Yet with all this most of the time they get it very wrong. Whether it is Jonathan Kinchen, professional handicapper, Gary Stevens or Richie Migliore ex-jocks etc they get it wrong many more times than an occasional winner, no real apologies. But if one of these people get one right the praise they bestow on each other is just over the top. You would think one of these guys found the cure for cancer. But no apologies 🤨
To all of my friends, of course I don't expect Hollywood or anyone else to apologize for picking a loser. That's something we have to do to our wives ngc3 ngc3

But seriously as in the example I gave where you say you sense the horse is "on the verge of an historic performance" and then the horse goes out and can't function, at least say, as someone suggested in a self depricating way, "Boy, I messed that one up" and chuckle about it. makes him look more real and lightens the mood. No biggie!

comeonman

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2023, 10:49:48 PM »
It's just an opinion..tv talent is to give info that is n I t on P rgram and discuss what is...giving their pucks is just extra...holy like all other talent try and do the same...it's nit about picking winners..yes that's nice but it ain't the gig

Mohawk mac

• 4 claimer
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2023, 02:42:10 AM »
Just last week at my local OTB, a former trainer asked me about Holly's handicapping.  I said Holly is a good historian but a poor handicapper.  It sounds as if most of you agree.

The Thorn

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2023, 01:05:55 PM »
The king of useless statistics is at it again.  Who in the listening audience cares if 37 or whatever of the entrants haven't won a race yet?  That's just one of a couple dozen already today and the races haven't even started yet.

Gaagoots

• Elite
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2023, 01:28:04 PM »
I remember him screaming obscenities at the driver on the way back to the paddock in the late 70s after blowing a bet. He was a rail bird.

Next thing I know he’s walking around with a jacket and tie on acting like a movie star.

Total joke

Mr. Fix-It

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2023, 02:26:34 PM »
Hollywood great guy. Nice to see his talents being used on a big stage again. Man, Holly must be hitting the early bird special at Perkin's near Hoosier Park. He's not the men's M / size 34 sportscoat these days  ngc3 ngc3 ngc3. That super cougar I saw him with at the sales is keeping him corn fed. No more Jersey crash diets for Holly  ngc3

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2023, 02:34:50 PM »
Yeah? I stood next to him for an hour at goshen on HOF day. He was alone, carrying a TJ Max bag with some papers in it. Looked like a frump and disinterested. On the souls of my children this is true.

Par Four

• 4 claimer
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2023, 02:37:02 PM »
There is no room for analytics in horse racing

Al from Anderson

• Top Claimer
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2023, 02:40:12 PM »
HEYDEN IS TAPPIN A WEALTHY WIDOW OVER IN ANDERSON BY THE MEIJER'S! SHE'S GOOD LOOKIN FOR AN OLDER BROAD! DON'T SEE HIM UP AT THE RACES TOO MUCH. WHO CAN BLAME HIM WHEN HE'S GOT A SQUEEZE WAITING AT HOME FOR HIM?

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2023, 02:42:33 PM »
HEYDEN IS TAPPIN A WEALTHY WIDOW OVER IN ANDERSON BY THE MEIJER'S! SHE'S GOOD LOOKIN FOR AN OLDER BROAD! DON'T SEE HIM UP AT THE RACES TOO MUCH. WHO CAN BLAME HIM WHEN HE'S GOT A SQUEEZE WAITING AT HOME FOR HIM?
Good for him. Bad for her.

theokodjak26

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2023, 02:45:09 PM »
Ha! You squeeze an older woman too hard and who knows what comes out 😀

EPM

• Elite
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2023, 02:59:22 PM »
WTG Holly...Give her a wheel disc down the lane once for me  11.wp

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • SwankToliverA: What about him?
    June 13, 2024, 12:18:31 AM
  • Loserbob: Rene allard
    June 11, 2024, 08:02:07 PM
  • M P: BREAKING NEWS: Ploptwats are outwardly angry that pictures of horses they trash are posted on Plop...
    June 10, 2024, 10:11:17 PM
  • M P: Breaking News: Members of Horseplop state killing Standardbreds is perfectly fine. Stay tuned for more.
    June 10, 2024, 05:21:49 PM
  • In It Deep: Hi Liberals
    June 05, 2024, 04:40:07 PM
  • In It Deep: 11.tfk
    May 28, 2024, 07:54:33 PM
  • In It Deep: The Butt Nut
    May 28, 2024, 07:49:02 PM
  • Bernie Madoff: ngc3 ngc3 ngc3
    May 24, 2024, 08:05:54 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal