Author Topic: Lexington Yearling Sale Live Observations  (Read 5661 times)

SDST2009

• Open / FFA
Re: Lexington Yearling Sale Live Observations
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2023, 05:43:54 PM »
I know I am going to get hammered for this comment but I have a theory why the Shartin filly may not have brought what many expected. First, her pedigree is average at best and second, is it possible some may feel that her exploits on the racetrack may be questionable. wink wink

Probably more the pedigree, plus sometimes - I would even argue more often that not - these superfreak mares do not reproduce as expected.

Brown jug

• Elite
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2023, 05:58:31 PM »
correct on  both points mike

PineHurstPacer

• Top Claimer
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2023, 07:12:53 PM »
Here is my observation

Andy Miller has some wealthy owners

JIDGE

• Open / FFA
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2023, 08:27:23 PM »
Probably more the pedigree, plus sometimes - I would even argue more often that not - these superfreak mares do not reproduce as expected.

This is dead on. Sometimes the full sister no accounts are better producers.

Generation XYZ

• Elite
  • HARNESS RACING IS DEAD, CALL THE CORONER!
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2023, 08:58:49 PM »

Well discount it or not, as with anything I say. But super freak mares are usually baked by the time they get to the breeding shed. Half have been hormonally transitioned to geldings, and the other half take multiple breedings to get in foal. After a breeding or two, only then do they start to become mares again, if ever.
Pay to Play, Play to Win!

The Thorn

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2023, 09:03:53 PM »
Well discount it or not, as with anything I say. But super freak mares are usually baked by the time they get to the breeding shed. Half have been hormonally transitioned to geldings, and the other half take multiple breedings to get in foal. After a breeding or two, only then do they start to become mares again, if ever.
I pretty much agree with this, I mentioned earlier that I thought a lot of the better racemares foals prices were low.

A rare exception to this is World record holder Shebestingin.   Her 2nd foal was Perfect Sting

shotgunner

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2023, 09:06:10 PM »
I pretty much agree with this, I mentioned earlier that I thought a lot of the better racemares foals prices were low.

A rare exception to this is World record holder Shebestingin.   Her 2nd foal was Perfect Sting
Perfect Sting actually tested positive though, will that drive his yearing prices down

Casualfan1

• Top Claimer
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2023, 09:20:57 PM »
Here is my observation

Andy Miller has some wealthy owners

Agree, but is it me or does Andy and Julie spend not do this every year?  IMO, and correct me if I’m wrong but the results are pretty light compared to what they spend

Goaldigger

• NW-1
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2023, 12:55:59 AM »
What are the observations on the Papi Rob Hanover offspring. Would like to breed some of my mares to Papi Rob Hanover. So any type of feedback would be appreciated. Such if anyone has been to sale looking at his offspring, are they standing correct, etc. Any opinions on whether his offspring is catching good money results in sales? Thank you 🐴☘️💕

Brown jug

• Elite
« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2023, 02:26:56 PM »
 "IMO, and correct me if I’m wrong but the results are pretty light compared to what they spend"

i think you will find this is true for most of the big spenders
 good thing they can afford it

Stan durbread

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2023, 10:37:54 AM »
What are the observations on the Papi Rob Hanover offspring. Would like to breed some of my mares to Papi Rob Hanover. So any type of feedback would be appreciated. Such if anyone has been to sale looking at his offspring, are they standing correct, etc. Any opinions on whether his offspring is catching good money results in sales? Thank you 🐴☘️💕

I liked what I saw on them for the most part. If I wa breeding to keep for myself I would take a shot with a mare I like the cross on. If breeding for sale you can do better. Also I would look around for discount breedings. Should be a few guys looking to sell theirs next year

Mailbox Money

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2023, 11:28:42 AM »
With some questionable placement this year, is it possible that corruption has taken over the Sale also? Sure looks fishy to me!

Parked

• Elite
« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2023, 12:30:01 PM »
Overall I liked what I saw.  I would take a shot. By the time they are yearlings he will be established as a top sire while TDS will fail like Greenshoe…

Stan durbread

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2023, 12:40:07 PM »
With some questionable placement this year, is it possible that corruption has taken over the Sale also? Sure looks fishy to me!

Please explain what you mean by corruption

The sale company assigns hip numbers based on alphabetical system using first letter of mare’s name. In cases where there is a farm name first they use 2nd name. The consigners can then move yearlings around within their allotted numbers as they see fit.

augustaandy

• Elite
« Reply #44 on: October 05, 2023, 04:43:07 PM »
nobody bragging about sales prices today

Captain Crunch, McWicked and Six Packs were not that loved

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • In It Deep: Hi Liberals
    June 05, 2024, 04:40:07 PM
  • In It Deep: 11.tfk
    May 28, 2024, 07:54:33 PM
  • In It Deep: The Butt Nut
    May 28, 2024, 07:49:02 PM
  • Bernie Madoff: ngc3 ngc3 ngc3
    May 24, 2024, 08:05:54 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: At least we agree it's a shithole
    May 24, 2024, 07:04:43 PM
  • Kirby's Ace: I think this shithole owns you!
    May 24, 2024, 09:30:25 AM
  • M P: Face it, I OWN THIS SHITHOLE of a forum.
    May 23, 2024, 09:35:08 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Itchy Kitties...
    May 22, 2024, 05:09:31 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal