Author Topic: Million Dollar Scam  (Read 2579 times)

Bitter Truth

• Stakes Horse
Million Dollar Scam
« on: September 19, 2023, 01:09:00 PM »
It's Jug week again and surprise, surprise, there's another 'Unexpected [yet actually quite predictable] change in starting time.This type of self-serving, misleading misinformation is a nearly yearly occurrence. Often not informing betting sites , leaving them and betters scrambling. Why? They're arrogant, greedy assholes. It's not a coincidence that 'THE MOUTH' makes a perfect representative for them.
From what I see , the increased purse drew no extra 'contenders' that wouldn't have entered anyhow. There's just possibly a few more 'fillers' , including the obligatory contingent from the make me puke 'Brigade'. All just looking to draw well, suck along to get some the unwarranted inflated purse. Use of state tax dollars to help fund an event in a sport that is so ripe with corruption is a travesty.
These people are low enough to figure a awy to benefit financially from the 9-11 tragedy. That year patrons in the paying grandstand are were met with 'No Coolers' signs. Safety concerns were cited for the reason.Funny how the 100'0 , if not 1000's of coolers around the perimeter of the track presented no such danger. Lo and behold. the next year, beer ales were introduced in that area.
The attendance , though admittedly impressive by horse racing standards is yet another mirage.Between fair-goers and partiers, 'MAYBE' half of the already exaggerated reported attendance are actually watching the races.
In the past, the big football-style stadium seats were near capacity, but were eliminated fairly recently. Thus making way for more corporate tents [their favorites] , which deny regular fans, what had been for decades prime viewing spots. Those bleacher seats were made expendable due ti decling interest in harness racing, incessantly increasing ticket prices, and the removal of the requirement of the winner to have to win twice.
In fact, the Jug , as well as the Ky. Fururity should be renamed. These winners now shouldn't be included with rugged past winners who had to win twice to be declared the victor.The consensus is that they go too fast nowadays to do that. I grudgingly agree but say call the races something differnt, because they are clearly not the same races.
Bonus quiz question: At Delaware which represents a greater amount? [calculators allowed] The number of pigs in the overnight races or the ones wearing badges?     The Little Brown Jug.... Don't be theeeeeere!

TW

• Open / FFA
Re: Million Dollar Scam
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2023, 01:24:58 PM »
What a tragic post.  If you don't like it, stay home.  Why spew negativity and attempt to ruin the experience for others?

bello

• Elite
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2023, 01:34:03 PM »
WTF !

This is a fair dude. And it has all the charm of a fair. Don't go or play if you don't like it. Harness fairs are great and LBJ is the best1

LUCPARK

• Living Legend
  • HES A GOOD GUY ,FAMILY MAN AND A CHRISTIAN
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2023, 01:45:40 PM »
been to the juggette 2 times and jug once

its great time

fun laughs ,,see great ohio racing

too many fckin guys around this worthless forum

always find anything wrong with everything

THIS IS A FUCKIN HARNESS FORUM IF YOU MUTHERFUCKERS DONT LIKE HARNESS RACING OR LIFE HAS DEALT YOU A BAD HAND   

ITS PROBABLY YOUR FAULT ...

WORK HARD ,,AND BE A GOOD CHRISTIAN LIKE MYSELF

AND BE HAPPY tmbz1
REAL AMERICANS DONT TAKE A KNEE

JOHN FRANK

• Elite
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2023, 08:05:30 PM »
Spoken like one that inherited everthin.
Hows mooch do you throw into basket at your church of faith. 0

Bernie Madoff

• Elite
  • In the beginning, man created"god".
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2023, 08:13:44 PM »
Spoken like one that inherited everthin.
Hows mooch do you throw into basket at your church of faith. 0

Who gives a fuck?
He who laughs last, laughs best.

White Rabbit

• Open / FFA
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2023, 08:14:21 PM »
I don’t think the LBJ is as and important of a races as it used to be. Just about every trainer & owner back in the day had it marked on their colts schedule.
It used to be and electrifying experience live but I have not attended it since the great Niatross stormed around there.

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2023, 09:04:00 PM »
Well that is 42 years ago so you have missed some great jugs in person

White Rabbit

• Open / FFA
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2023, 10:32:31 PM »
I do not disagree, but that day was absolutely electric, when Niatross stormed off the last turn it was unreal.
I was also back in the shed row when Clint walked him out to go his first warm up trip and I remember Niatross cracking his head on the low shed row beam. I thought to myself if this was my horse I would have passed out.
The other detail I remember was his picture in Hoofbeats going down the stretch and all four of his feet were above the hudrail .

Mailbox Money

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2023, 11:28:13 PM »
The 1st heat survivors will be standing about 2hrs or more before the final. They are not going to get a race off every 17 minutes. The way I see it, Heat selection MAY make a bigger difference than post position! The 3rd Heat group may also get a short turnaround too! Only the clock will tell! Should be interesting . 11.chrz

Bitter Truth

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2023, 02:38:08 PM »
Whoop it up..first pic3 50cent [split $3.25 + $5.20] pic4 50cent $2.70 ngc3  Big Delaware fun

TW

• Open / FFA
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2023, 05:38:23 PM »
The answer is simple.  Don't bother with the pick 3 or pick 4 if all you are going to play is chalk.  Duh...  It's not rocket science.  Onlu play when you think you have some live price horses.  In the meantime, quityerbitching.

Open bridle

• Open / FFA
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2023, 10:35:25 PM »
The Jug is not what it use to be , but nothing is. It's still an up close day of watching some good racing. I enjoy the grassroots county fair setting because that's part of my background. I've been to that track many, many times and still enjoy it every time because of it's historical significance to harness racing.

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2023, 10:43:16 PM »
The Jug is not what it use to be , but nothing is. It's still an up close day of watching some good racing. I enjoy the grassroots county fair setting because that's part of my background. I've been to that track many, many times and still enjoy it every time because of it's historical significance to harness racing.
Sex is still everything it used to be.

Open bridle

• Open / FFA
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2023, 08:58:26 AM »
Sex is still everything it used to be.
Not when you get pass 70.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Unclejerry: See you live opening night at Scioto Downs May 8, Live Bets and real gambling
    April 27, 2024, 10:03:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: Egg on my face $22.20
    April 27, 2024, 09:35:17 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's your boob in race 6 waiting on price
    April 27, 2024, 09:32:14 PM
  • Unclejerry: Race 5 bet has been posted
    April 27, 2024, 08:58:28 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's going to be a price in Jerry's Thread Tonight !!!
    April 27, 2024, 08:49:13 PM
  • Unclejerry: In race 4
    April 27, 2024, 08:46:31 PM
  • Unclejerry: Super/Tri/Eacta just given out in Jerrys thread !
    April 27, 2024, 08:45:55 PM
  • Unclejerry: Check Jerry's thread often bets are being made and posted
    April 27, 2024, 07:15:49 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal