Author Topic: CONFEDERATE!!  (Read 3767 times)

Fuguzzi

• Elite
CONFEDERATE!!
« on: August 07, 2023, 01:54:26 PM »
I can watch Confederate's Cane pace win over and over. or any of his races for that matter, as i have - LOL! Thrilling! In my 50 years watching these things go round and round, occasionally I come across a pacer who God blessed with the rare ability to actually switch gears in less than a step. The instant Timmy "asked" him to go, you could literally see Confederate's legs hit an almost "mechanical" gear, very, very few horses possess. Looks like his legs speed up like they do in the movies with that "funny"photography. I saw this ability on Matt's Scooter, Life Sign and my all time favorite aged racehorse, the incomparable, Red Bow Tie. They have a switch somewhere inside them and it is a gift.

Having said all this, I truly hope the Diamond Creek connections make the decision to go in the Jug. My gut is they will. The world deserves to see the best pacer alive, in pacing biggest race before its largest crowd.

wizardofoz

• Open / FFA
Re: CONFEDERATE!!
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2023, 01:58:09 PM »
Confederate WILL be horse of the year.  He is by far the best harness horse racing and he is more exciting to watch than ANY thoroughbred this year as well.  I hope they do NOT retire him after this year.  He could be another Bulldog Hanover if allowed to continue racing next year.  He should be invited to the TVG final as well if they want to race him in November.

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2023, 02:01:15 PM »
Yes yes Yes tmbz1 tmbz1 tmbz1

shotgunner

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2023, 02:56:59 PM »
Loves a target more than being on the lead which will help as the year goes on (See the Adios). Only question is if they decide to go to Lexington for a lower mark, does Timmy send him as far and fast as possible? And if he does, how fast can he go?

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2023, 03:09:44 PM »
1:46 flat well within his sights

Parked

• Elite
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2023, 03:38:31 PM »
1:46 flat well within his sights

With a rabbit ( or 2) he will beat that.

Race as a 4 year old ?  With a lex mark better than 46.. $30,000 for 100 foals.   
Not a chance.   
Side thought.  If he is quiet, draw him once, split 10 ways, get 7 foals.  What numbers they would bring.. 

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2023, 03:43:08 PM »
I think he can eclipse 1:46 too. I just din't want to post that and hear from the naysayers and Indiana freaks on here.

Open bridle

• Open / FFA
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2023, 03:53:18 PM »
I can watch Confederate's Cane pace win over and over. or any of his races for that matter, as i have - LOL! Thrilling! In my 50 years watching these things go round and round, occasionally I come across a pacer who God blessed with the rare ability to actually switch gears in less than a step. The instant Timmy "asked" him to go, you could literally see Confederate's legs hit an almost "mechanical" gear, very, very few horses possess. Looks like his legs speed up like they do in the movies with that "funny"photography. I saw this ability on Matt's Scooter, Life Sign and my all time favorite aged racehorse, the incomparable, Red Bow Tie. They have a switch somewhere inside them and it is a gift.

Having said all this, I truly hope the Diamond Creek connections make the decision to go in the Jug. My gut is they will. The world deserves to see the best pacer alive, in pacing biggest race before its largest crowd.
Yes, the horse can accelerate with some of the best I've seen. I also would like to see him at the Jug up close. I'm sure Brian B. would have mixed feelings cause that's where he trained him down.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2023, 04:14:40 PM by Open bridle »

Calhoun

• Elite
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2023, 03:54:10 PM »
Hella fast race horse. tmbz1

The Thorn

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2023, 04:07:01 PM »
Confederate has more raw speed than ANY other 3 yr old IMO.
OK since I posted this months ago I'll redboard. 

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2023, 05:53:38 PM »
 tmbz1 tmbz1 tmbz1 tmbz1

Swandre

• Top Claimer
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2023, 06:30:28 PM »
Loves a target more than being on the lead which will help as the year goes on (See the Adios). Only question is if they decide to go to Lexington for a lower mark, does Timmy send him as far and fast as possible? And if he does, how fast can he go?

He was a going away winner every time he raced on the front

Swandre

• Top Claimer
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2023, 06:31:32 PM »

Always B Miki could switch real fast too, as well as Bulldog Hanover especially in Dayton and Hoosier

LUCPARK

• Living Legend
  • HES A GOOD GUY ,FAMILY MAN AND A CHRISTIAN
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2023, 06:34:42 PM »
Great but not bulldog

Imho
REAL AMERICANS DONT TAKE A KNEE

comeonman

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2023, 06:45:12 PM »
no jug in plans

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Unclejerry: See you live opening night at Scioto Downs May 8, Live Bets and real gambling
    April 27, 2024, 10:03:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: Egg on my face $22.20
    April 27, 2024, 09:35:17 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's your boob in race 6 waiting on price
    April 27, 2024, 09:32:14 PM
  • Unclejerry: Race 5 bet has been posted
    April 27, 2024, 08:58:28 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's going to be a price in Jerry's Thread Tonight !!!
    April 27, 2024, 08:49:13 PM
  • Unclejerry: In race 4
    April 27, 2024, 08:46:31 PM
  • Unclejerry: Super/Tri/Eacta just given out in Jerrys thread !
    April 27, 2024, 08:45:55 PM
  • Unclejerry: Check Jerry's thread often bets are being made and posted
    April 27, 2024, 07:15:49 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal