Author Topic: They get some but will never get them all!  (Read 1117 times)

dougie

• Top Claimer
They get some but will never get them all!
« on: July 29, 2023, 12:57:40 PM »
With the Servis conviction completed with a 4 year sentence, i often wonder how many trainers in both Harness and Throughbred racing are still "cheating". Growing up betting the horses, i always heard disgruntled gamblers yelling "Fix" when they missed cashing a ticket. For many it was "sour grapes". But maybe some of those "old-timers" i met growing up had a point. But i have to think that there are more honest ones than crooked ones. I have to think that. Otherwise, i've been fooled all these years. I owned both harness and runners. I never made a profit at either one. Training, Vet, and Farrier bills "grinded" me out. I cashed a few good bets over the years, but in the end, my partners and i never made any money. I like to think the trainers and jockey/drivers we worked with were as honest as can be. I guess i really can't be sure. In the end, as a gambler, i won't ever be sure. Can any gambler really be sure?

luker2453

• 4 claimer
Re: They get some but will never get them all!
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2023, 09:08:04 PM »
Hey, I am glad that you can see the reality of this carny game.  The trainers take the owners for whatever they can get.  I have seen all sides of the game for over 50 years, and nothing has changed.  It's all just a shell game to allow the insiders to get as much of your money as they can.

Generation XYZ

• Elite
  • HARNESS RACING IS DEAD, CALL THE CORONER!
Re: They get some but will never get them all!
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2023, 12:28:56 PM »
With the Servis conviction completed with a 4 year sentence, i often wonder how many trainers in both Harness and Throughbred racing are still "cheating". Growing up betting the horses, i always heard disgruntled gamblers yelling "Fix" when they missed cashing a ticket. For many it was "sour grapes". But maybe some of those "old-timers" i met growing up had a point. But i have to think that there are more honest ones than crooked ones. I have to think that. Otherwise, i've been fooled all these years. I owned both harness and runners. I never made a profit at either one. Training, Vet, and Farrier bills "grinded" me out. I cashed a few good bets over the years, but in the end, my partners and i never made any money. I like to think the trainers and jockey/drivers we worked with were as honest as can be. I guess i really can't be sure. In the end, as a gambler, i won't ever be sure. Can any gambler really be sure?

I would say more often than not they all use the allowable. and 30% use more than allowed until caught. The inconsistency between TB and SB is even more puzzling when most states divide the Racing Commission office for TB allowable limit's and SB allowable limits. There needs to be uniformity in order to make policing the tolerable expectations from the excessive.
Pay to Play, Play to Win!

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Unclejerry: See you live opening night at Scioto Downs May 8, Live Bets and real gambling
    April 27, 2024, 10:03:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: Egg on my face $22.20
    April 27, 2024, 09:35:17 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's your boob in race 6 waiting on price
    April 27, 2024, 09:32:14 PM
  • Unclejerry: Race 5 bet has been posted
    April 27, 2024, 08:58:28 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's going to be a price in Jerry's Thread Tonight !!!
    April 27, 2024, 08:49:13 PM
  • Unclejerry: In race 4
    April 27, 2024, 08:46:31 PM
  • Unclejerry: Super/Tri/Eacta just given out in Jerrys thread !
    April 27, 2024, 08:45:55 PM
  • Unclejerry: Check Jerry's thread often bets are being made and posted
    April 27, 2024, 07:15:49 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal