Author Topic: Shut down Fraser Downs  (Read 4166 times)

AsPromised

• Top Claimer
Shut down Fraser Downs
« on: April 08, 2021, 06:21:16 PM »
7 out of 11 races favourite going off at 1/4 or worse.  What a fuckin' joke. 

Interesting how the only race that a EVEN money shot was off the board it wasn't hammered in the place show pool like the others. 

Garbage racing, let Kelly Hoerdt earn a real living instead of stealing the purses out there with his drugged horses.

Harness racing in Western Canada is a joke, if your not using, your not winning.

Kirby's Ace

• Stakes Horse
Re: Shut down Fraser Downs
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2021, 06:47:52 PM »
7 out of 11 races favourite going off at 1/4 or worse.  What a fuckin' joke. 

Interesting how the only race that a EVEN money shot was off the board it wasn't hammered in the place show pool like the others. 

Garbage racing, let Kelly Hoerdt earn a real living instead of stealing the purses out there with his drugged horses.

Harness racing in Western Canada is a joke, if your not using, your not winning.

Then I'd start USING!

tmbz1
In the words of SCM,,I GOTTA EAT!

the real doctor

• Top Claimer
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2021, 07:11:54 PM »
the real doctor thinks Hoerdt is clean and doesn't juice obviously he is dreaming. Then you have Hudon who will be ice cold and then win in bunches and they all think he is clean. As Promised your exactly correct out there it's a joke.

actually I didnt say that - I said they could win from anywhere not just the front end like Marino's horses - and that he could actually hang one up correctly, just like Serge.  Glen Hoerdt was exactly the worlds greatest horseman during his time. But Ice, once again, every one is juicing or batting .019 like you did so you left.  Is it possible, just remotely, that some horsemen are better than others and that some are adept at entering them where they belong instead of two classes too high?  I'm reminded of Dieter Urban (who?) well he would win the $17,500 claimer at STP and then enter them in for $15k the next week - so of course everyone thought it was a pump and dump but in reality it was called JAMMING them in.   And for you Ice, I liken it (less the snake venom or whatever else he used) to Frank Passero (who I think has the record with 22 straight wins).

vinnie

• Top Claimer
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2021, 07:26:17 PM »
actually I didnt say that - I said they could win from anywhere not just the front end like Marino's horses - and that he could actually hang one up correctly, just like Serge.  Glen Hoerdt was exactly the worlds greatest horseman during his time. But Ice, once again, every one is juicing or batting .019 like you did so you left.  Is it possible, just remotely, that some horsemen are better than others and that some are adept at entering them where they belong instead of two classes too high?  I'm reminded of Dieter Urban (who?) well he would win the $17,500 claimer at STP and then enter them in for $15k the next week - so of course everyone thought it was a pump and dump but in reality it was called JAMMING them in.   And for you Ice, I liken it (less the snake venom or whatever else he used) to Frank Passero (who I think has the record with 22 straight wins).
call it whatever way you see it , and idolize whoever you want .
but they're still ruining the game .
would you bet on that shit product ?
cause less and less people are , and that's the problem .

the real doctor

• Top Claimer
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2021, 07:33:43 PM »
call it whatever way you see it , and idolize whoever you want .
but they're still ruining the game .
would you bet on that shit product ?
cause less and less people are , and that's the problem .
I wouldnt get it - there are 5 or 6 horse fields - to me thats not bettable - I dont think stating that there are some horsemen who are superior to gentlemen farmers is idolizing anyone.  Either you are there to win, or you are there to take your pet to the races and have their brains blown out by protecting them 3 classes too high. 

AsPromised

• Top Claimer
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2021, 09:52:51 PM »
Then there are guys like Jack Beelby back in the day who owned, trained, drove the horse and kept them in nw2 lifetime until start 45 then decided to pop. ngc3 ngc3 ngc3
Those 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th cheques add up nicely.

the real doctor

• Top Claimer
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2021, 11:18:34 PM »
Then there are guys like Jack Beelby back in the day who owned, trained, drove the horse and kept them in nw2 lifetime until start 45 then decided to pop. ngc3 ngc3 ngc3
Those 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th cheques add up nicely.

back then, yes, or you had Frankie's Error who I think stayed in maiden for 75 starts of so, then popped, or Skidoo Wave who would be on top by 15 at the 3/4 pole then role off, must have finished 2nd or 3rd at least 35 times.  Or Barney B Wings who beat everone to the 1/4 and never won, then one day he Downey was parked to the 3/8 by Hyport Ted, raced out of a hole and actually won.  Dave Downey was the master of remaining in the same NW forever.  He did it by choice whereas others like Herb Hugel or Anton Beranek didnt (they just were plain old bad).
Not sure with the purses at Fraser and the few racing days that this is a good concept.

the real doctor

• Top Claimer
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2021, 12:03:57 AM »
Doctor tread lightly Frank Passero was a very good freind of mine. You and your encyclopedia of harness racing in Western Canada doesn't impress me I raced out there.
Ice you are a joke - if you raced out there but retired from Ontario racing in 1984 per yoru other posts, then you were there when Fraser Downs wasnt even Fraster Downs but rather Cloverdale and was a 1/2 mile track where Joe Hudon, Keith Linton and Jim Mohorich ran the show. 

Before it was Bill Wellwood, I'm sure Tom Artandi is in there somewhere, and  probably Ray MacLean (the greatest two drivers ever - both Ray, just depending on how much drinking occurred), and now you claim to be a Western Canadian horseman.

What are you going to tell us you were the leading trainer there or knew someone out there who was, You are indeed a world traveller but the timelines seem to contradict your other posts?

As to Frank, he was the master of placing them where they belong - a true genius in this game -  which was my point to this thread- so settle down, and that encyclopedia isnt limited to there - remember the horses I seem to recall from Bill's barn when you guessed at who i was (didnt say you were wrong or right) and a few others who I am sure you will claim to know, known (unfortunately) or taught.

get back on topic before I call Baldy Chard on you  ngc3 ngc3 ngc3

vinnie

• Top Claimer
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2021, 01:14:07 AM »
I wouldnt get it - there are 5 or 6 horse fields - to me thats not bettable - I dont think stating that there are some horsemen who are superior to gentlemen farmers is idolizing anyone.  Either you are there to win, or you are there to take your pet to the races and have their brains blown out by protecting them 3 classes too high.
I see that my sarcasm is lost on you .
It's not worth betting that's my point .
Calling them superior does sound like idolisation.
And remember this , just because you don't get caught cheating doesn't make you any less a cheater.
Cheating to win is still cheating and that makes you a loser .
My point is that the public aren't stupid and they will stop betting on a horrible product.
 tmbz1

the real doctor

• Top Claimer
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2021, 09:30:15 AM »
I see that my sarcasm is lost on you .
It's not worth betting that's my point .
Calling them superior does sound like idolisation.
And remember this , just because you don't get caught cheating doesn't make you any less a cheater.
Cheating to win is still cheating and that makes you a loser .
My point is that the public aren't stupid and they will stop betting on a horrible product.
 tmbz1
I actually do agree with you except one point - the last one - I dont think they ever really did bet on it - these pools look like something you would see at Leamington or Sudbury, maybe slightly better than Thunder Ridge -

Superior is a statement, not idolizing - perhaps they are superior at loading them up and they race better, or superior at hanging them up and they race better or superior at classifying them? 

I suspect Ice cant be far behind - Ice, serious question - has Bob McIntosh ever had a positive (you would know)?

seen2much

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2021, 05:02:38 PM »
Fraser use to have poor video. Has it been updated & gotten better?

Parts Unknown

• 4 claimer
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2021, 05:09:56 AM »
Fraser Downs.......DUMP. ...Betting takeouts bad.......3or 4 guys win all the races at short prices....Place.. ......is full of high octane drugs..Fraser Downs should be bulldozed,,,,Iceman   ,,,knows.. tmbz1

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Unclejerry: Bitter Truth just shit his depends
    April 20, 2024, 09:46:06 PM
  • Unclejerry: Unc Jerry Kicks ass at Mohawk
    April 20, 2024, 09:15:06 PM
  • Unclejerry: HONK HONK I shut the sound off on Mohawk, Fuc those two mouths
    April 20, 2024, 08:10:27 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Cock a Doodle Do. Uncle Jerry's says, and cock'el do!
    April 20, 2024, 07:48:44 PM
  • Unclejerry: If Joe is so concerned about the middle east sand rats, why does he and Obunghole keep sending billions to Iran?
    April 20, 2024, 01:56:02 PM
  • Michael Petrelli: WNBA should just copy the Haness Racing business model. State welfare.
    April 19, 2024, 07:42:20 PM
  • Unclejerry: If Joe is so concerned about Katlen Clarks salary, why dont he buy a ticket for an WNBA game?
    April 18, 2024, 06:23:45 PM
  • Calhoun: Meadowlands just sent me email .. there's a P-8 Carryover ... $1,800 ... That changes everything ngc3
    April 18, 2024, 04:53:05 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal