Author Topic: Well, you can't blame Howard Oil for this one  (Read 5084 times)

JL52

• Open / FFA
Well, you can't blame Howard Oil for this one
« on: November 18, 2020, 01:48:34 PM »
Watch Monticello's 4th race today. Coming to the half, you will see the 5 horse on the inside, and the 5 horse on the outside. Pretty amazing horse, I would guess, except for the fact that someone grabbed the wrong saddlepad, which is how this race ended up with two Number 5 horses. The 6 horse driven by Mike Merton had the wrong saddlepad (he leaves the gate and tucks 3rd). In fact, Oil thought there would be a recall, perhaps as one of the drivers noticed the mistake, but the starter sent them on their way.

PIGLAND

• Living Legend
Re: Well, you can't blame Howard Oil for this one
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2020, 01:54:36 PM »
UNREAL ,WAS ONE OF THE 5'S ACTUALLY IN THE NEXT RACE? NO INQUIREY?

JL52

• Open / FFA
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2020, 01:58:29 PM »
No, I think the trainer or groom of the 6 grabbed a saddlepad from another race. As one of my friends just said, only at Monticello

JUICEJUNKIES

• Living Legend
  • ↑↑↑Dan Nance, a classic↑↑↑
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2020, 03:58:56 PM »
THEY CHANGE SADDLE CLOTHES ALL THE TIME, THATS WHY PROGRAM AND REPLAYS DONT MATTER.   UNLESS YOU ARE IN, YOU DONT EVEN KNOW WHICH HORSES ARE ACTUALLY RACING.   THEY HAVE NUMEROUS WAYS TO SETUP RACES, AND THIS WAS LIKELY ONE THEY SETUP AT THE DINER AND SOMEONE FORGOT WHAT WAS GOING ON.

Emperor Dapple

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2020, 04:17:59 PM »
THEY CHANGE SADDLE CLOTHES ALL THE TIME, THATS WHY PROGRAM AND REPLAYS DONT MATTER.   UNLESS YOU ARE IN, YOU DONT EVEN KNOW WHICH HORSES ARE ACTUALLY RACING.   THEY HAVE NUMEROUS WAYS TO SETUP RACES, AND THIS WAS LIKELY ONE THEY SETUP AT THE DINER AND SOMEONE FORGOT WHAT WAS GOING ON.

Miss Monticello Diner was empty this morning.. No set up today ..

Parked

• Elite
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2020, 05:04:07 PM »
Few can count in Monticello And the ones that can don’t care. 

PIGLAND

• Living Legend
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2020, 05:57:58 PM »
cheating

the master

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2020, 06:10:54 PM »
Different process at Monty than anyplace else! The one whose doing the paddock often has to run around and find their number!  Never should have happened of course, total carelessness but certainly no fix!

The Exporter

• Elite
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2020, 06:33:29 PM »
That is a first. So they post parade and Oil calls out the number , the horse and the owner, trainer and driver. They score down for 6-8 minutes or so. They go to the gate and nobody attempts to correct the error ?
 I guess if it was going to happen anywhere, it was going to happen at Monticello. 

PIGLAND

• Living Legend
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2020, 06:35:22 PM »
That is a first. So they post parade and Oil calls out the number , the horse and the owner, trainer and driver. They score down for 6-8 minutes or so. They go to the gate and nobody attempts to correct the error ?
 I guess if it was going to happen anywhere, it was going to happen at Monticello.
and howard said there was gonna be a recall but the judges started the race anyway

Fatboy

• Living Legend
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2020, 07:00:18 PM »
I HAD A 5-5 EXACTA

shuffledagain

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2020, 07:34:09 PM »
Make them all the 5.  Even I could hit it tmbz1

chief yogi

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2020, 07:36:52 PM »
if the race finish was 5-5-1-2 and their was an inquirey with the 5 having to be paced would the result be 5-1-2 or 1-2. do they both have to come down?

drink more beer

• Top Claimer
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2020, 07:37:20 PM »
My luck 5- 5 i would still lose 🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻😝😝😝

Locked in with pace

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2020, 07:00:36 AM »
I have Never ever heard of this happening before. Even the announcer called for a recall. Something was obviously noticed but they let it go. Obviously, no one is watching there. What in the world were the judges watching during the post parade.  So they see two #5's in the post parade and do nothing. Comical but truly shameful. I guess no one cares. The best will be when the fines come out on the USTA. Curious who gets fined and for how much. Wonder if the judges get fined

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Unclejerry: Check Jerry's thread often bets are being made and posted
    Today at 07:15:49 PM
  • Unclejerry: Hey Thorn put your money where your mouth is,and post an actual bet
    Today at 06:38:49 PM
  • The Thorn: The guy who doesn't make mind bets thinks he's a legend here. But it's all in his mind  ngc3 ngc3
    Today at 12:19:03 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: A dolla makes Jerry Holla
    Today at 10:25:26 AM
  • Unclejerry: HP's #1 Handcapper will be back with Mohawk Trifecta's Saturday 27
    April 26, 2024, 10:44:14 PM
  • Unclejerry: Indian24 don't have a dime to place a bet, his Mother gave him a computer
    April 26, 2024, 10:31:26 PM
  • Indian24: 5 horse box in a 7 horse field wtg
    April 26, 2024, 10:15:50 PM
  • Indian24: I'll make a bet that your a egotistical asshole
    April 26, 2024, 10:14:17 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal