Author Topic: Papi Rob Hanover- Meadows Adios Elimination  (Read 14056 times)

neverwin

• NW-1
Re: Papi Rob Hanover- Meadows Adios Elimination
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2020, 01:39:14 PM »
Can you post where he is on stewards list?

coryd03

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2020, 01:51:29 PM »
Pull is eligibility on the usta. Says it right at the top. I tried to post a screenshot but can't figure out how. Definetly on it though. Hopefully nothing serious and he can come back and be a top colt the rest of the season whether he's in the adios final or not.

bond

• Elite
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2020, 01:54:22 PM »
There is nothing wrong with Papi that a decent trainer can’t fix. Nothing broken walking sound. He will train in front of Judge before the draw and checked out. If all ok he will be removed from Stewards list and race on Saturday. This horse is the best in the Country right now maybe the best since his Daddy. I’m his biggest supporter. Great horse great connections.

neverwin

• NW-1
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2020, 02:04:09 PM »
Hanover is good spot for him. Hope he has great babies. I thought he was the best this year. His Pace races were the most impressive.

neverwin

• NW-1
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2020, 02:04:58 PM »
Bond - do you want to bet if he races this Saturday?

bond

• Elite
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2020, 02:08:18 PM »
My friend. All you can handle after Wednesday and we watch him train.

neverwin

• NW-1
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2020, 02:10:06 PM »
I dont want to after wednesday. I mean right now.

chester

• Top Claimer
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2020, 02:13:00 PM »
His racing career is over

MR.DALRAE

• Living Legend
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2020, 02:19:24 PM »
His racing career is over

Just heard,,,his racing days are over,,,straight to breeding shed

Buckjohnson

• NW-1
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2020, 02:19:55 PM »
A Very Nice Horse!!! I hope to see him race again but if not then He will have a Great 2nd Career at stud. We need horses like Papi racing to create some rivalry between the good ones. The next meeting with TDS would be epic!!!Those two are in a class of their own for the 3 year olds. In my opinion this class is as deep a class as we have seen since 2012 and TDS and Papi tower above the rest!!!

chester

• Top Claimer
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2020, 08:35:24 PM »
Draw tomorow be there, don't get shut out.  Any shot of Roger calling the Adios?

WTF Hanover

• Top Claimer
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2020, 10:36:41 PM »
Papi Rob Hanover suffers broken coffin bone; done for at least this year

David McDuffee, the lone owner of world champion Papi Rob Hanover, told HRU Monday night that an MRI has shown that the pacer has suffered a broken coffin bone, will miss the rest of the racing season and is likely headed to stud.

“There’s no question there is a fracture there that will prevent him from racing this year, anyway,” McDuffee said of the career winner of $927,979 trained by Brett Pelling. “It’s, obviously, a very tough thing to even think about for him because I think everybody started to realize what a great horse he is and that his best days were, obviously, ahead of him.”

On Saturday (July 25), Papi Rob Hanover and regular driver David Miller recorded a 1:47.1 world record for a 3-year-old colt on a five-eighths mile track when he won his Adios elimination at The Meadows by 10-and-a-half lengths. On July 18, Papi Rob Hanover started from the 9-hole in the $636,650 Meadowlands Pace and lost an epic stretch duel with Tall Dark Stranger by a neck in a 1:47.2 mile.

McDuffee said while it is possible Papi Rob Hanover could race next year and beyond, his preference is to find a good stallion home for the son of Somebeachsomewher e out of Panera Hanover. The owner said he believes Papi Rob Hanover will be a breed-changing sire.

“I think he will probably go on to be one of the best stallions this sport has ever seen,” said McDuffee, a modest man who is not known to speak of his horses with such high praise. “He’s just an incredible animal and I would actually prefer to go that route than bring him back next year. I think he’s destined to become a great stallion and I say it because physically he’s the most impressive thing you ever looked at, he’s got conformation, he’s a smart horse – some horses are gifted, but they’re not too bright – he’s got everything going, including pedigree. My preference is to find a good home for him and more than likely I will.”

A full story about Papi Rob Hanover, with more thoughts from McDuffee will appear in Wednesday’s edition of Harness Racing Update.

Harness Stats

« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2020, 10:47:24 PM »
Horrible news.  At least the horse is OK. 

Always B Miki fractured both pasterns, got screws put in  and still came back to set the world record.  Coffin bone is worse but unless he has a low sperm count it's doubtful we will see this one again on the track.

Good luck to Mr McDuffee  and Papi Rob whatever the outcome

NJ The best

• Elite
« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2020, 11:01:41 PM »
Bottom line the plop always knows 👍

Casualfan1

• Top Claimer
« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2020, 03:19:10 AM »
I’d breed a mare to him in a heartbeat

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Papillon: TMZ tracked Puff Daddy in Antigua, the West Indies. I don't think he is coming back.
    Today at 12:49:49 PM
  • The Thorn: Alligning oneself with the Puff Diddler is probably not a politically correct move at this point
    Today at 12:36:34 PM
  • Janny: I guess Diddy found out it’s not easy Pimpin.
    Today at 10:57:29 AM
  • Calhoun: Diddy say All's Good.  I'm happy this brother set free
    March 27, 2024, 11:57:59 AM
  • Unclejerry: Dr, Poopenstein was really P.Diddy
    March 27, 2024, 10:08:00 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: P. Diddle aint coming back here EVER!
    March 27, 2024, 07:54:44 AM
  • Calhoun: Damn.. P Diddy on the run .. That young puzzy be costing him.
    March 26, 2024, 08:08:38 AM
  • Calhoun: Closing Day .. Red Mile Quarter Horse
    March 26, 2024, 08:07:25 AM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal