Author Topic: you harness diehards gonna love this...friday 6.30pm et post and HANDLE!!  (Read 4493 times)

Jctoronto

• Stakes Horse
starting at 8.30a local time at Melbourne's Tabcorp Park Melton
6 wide and up to three trailers

630 PM ET 1ST POST FRI NIGHT!!!!

7 dashes with 5k purse per.

looks like aussies and n. america got together for primetime card

YOUD HAVE TO THINK RECORD OFFSHORE AUSSIE HARNESS HANDLE

PIGLAND

• Living Legend

eyeinthesky

• Stakes Horse
My wagering site has a free  program for the card. It is not like harness programs we are used to .
I found a site , that cleverly explains each piece of information on the program. It is interactive, letting you chose what you want to have explained
Here is the link

https://www.harness.org.au/how-to-read-a-formguide.cfm

PIGLAND

• Living Legend
My wagering site has a free  program for the card. It is not like harness programs we are used to .
I found a site , that cleverly explains each piece of information on the program. It is interactive, letting you chose what you want to have explained
Here is the link

thank you

Jctoronto

• Stakes Horse
If youve never played aussie harness before, tough to handicap..but it is harness horse betting and theyll be lots of it tonight.
-this track tonight may 8, melbourne tabpark. melton, one of their many bullrings. 6 across the front, up to three in second row --most have passing line, though not all.
-lots of distance changes a la t'breds
-info past perf. lines lack info..tough to know if horse left last time or came from behind. ((though text below each horse in pgm.will give a snapshot of recent racing performance..incl uding breaks))
- classes: higher the number range, tougher the class
.ie nr 30-49..nr 45-60..nr 50-60..up to nr. ((in that ascending order from number range softest to no number hardest))
-lots of family operations driver and trainer ((check carefully initials of driver, initials of trainer AND def. note ant driver changes on screen between races, some drivers dow on more than one horse on program)
-like north america harness racing..'tight' matters more often than not..obviously check rest of field, but if horse misses over two weeks since last start, 8 times out of 10, youre not gonna get it done.
-and like n america, keep eye on who raced against each other before..top three finishers in prior races helps you, in pgm..if you have..up here in toronto, i see that on our version.
-payout structure similar
-20 cent win4, pk 3
--and of course aussies have made marl many years in n america...still very active family in australia are the mccarthys andrew's clan) but you wont see their names tonight..they usually race at the 10 wide supertracks like Menagle.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 08:09:08 AM by Jctoronto »

Jctoronto

• Stakes Horse
-a lot of two wide racing..seems to be a given. And not always a bad thing.

-and margin (same as lenghths behind) in program. They do it by tenths
ie..finish 1st.   0.1 (nose) 0.2 (nk)  0.3 (1/4 length)
0.4, 0.5, 0.6 (1/2 length) 0.7, 0.8 (3/4 length) 0.9,1.0, 1.1 (a length)

Dingus

Here is the link

All Greek to me even with the help. 73cv.2

Jctoronto

• Stakes Horse
EQUIPMENT CHANGES ARE IN
Melbourne Melton 630pm et friday night changes
(driver changes to come)
*one change  **two changes

Race 1
#2 *

Race 2
#4 *

Race 3
#2 **, #3 **, #4 **, #10 **

Race 4
#4 **, #5 **, #7 **, 9*

Race 5
#3 **, #9 **

Race 7
#7**, #10 *

Jctoronto

• Stakes Horse
Post positions. Program-noted near horse's name

(FR1) front row post 1
(FR2) fr post2
(FR3) fr post 3
(FR4) fr post 4
(FR5) fr post 5
(FR6) fr post 6
(SR1) second row rail
(SR2) second row
(SR3) second row

Harness Stats

I've posted this link before but no one here ever cared about Australia Racing.  The best way to assess form is by looking at the fields which gives more accurate morning line odds than the online programs and much more information including the early scratches and most of the driver changes so you don't have to wait for the feed to see who's driving who.  The fields page also shows the upcoming races for a week so you can prepare early and lists the times of the meetings.  Only the day cards are simulcast in North America.

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fields/

Then you select the track to see the entries row positions and odds  and if you click on any horses name you get his overall record, and year to date record which the programs do not give and a link to watch all the races that that horse has ever raced in Australia (not New Zealand). There are other links on that page like to the form guide which I agree is only moderately helpful and links to selections.  Iform for the NSW tracks is particularly good for the info they give

Nowhere do they give a US style chart or program which shows where the horses were at any given point but their abbreviations like GS for gate speed in the comments tells how the race was run and every horse has the comments posted in those abbreviations. You really need to invest the time to watch at least the horses last three races to get a feel of how they race and what they look like

The handles on the cards are very small for the later races ( about 10,000 in total including exotics) and was only about 25,000 per race for the first couple when starting times were around 11 PM EST for the first race.  I would expect a bigger handle tonight as the races start earlier but I seriously doubt if it will be anywhere near a Big M or Mohawk handle, and the horses racing today are lower class.

Most betting on these races is fixed odds there.  No one bets the pari-mutuel pools over there.

Races are run differently too.  On the small tracks with a back row no one gives holes.  The 2 or 3 horse regularly gets parked the distance.  The amazing thing is that a ton of horses win or still hit the money after being parked on the outside for the entire race as long as the fractions are moderate.  That's why so many of the horses that show up here can take a ton of air. (they call first over "breezing")

A few more things that are different than here.  Fillies and mares race against horses and geldings in most races and they win more than their fair share.  Just about every race is handicapped with the highest rated horses getting the outside of the front row or put in the second row.  If you're in the second row and stuck behind a non leaver you are usually stuck near the tail of the field but in the longer races it's not as much of a factor than in the shorter mile and mile and an sixteenth races.

If you look at the form guide as mentioned earlier you get the track circumference and length of stretch as well as how many horses are in the front line and if there is a passing lane.  Tonights track has seven in the front line not the six mentioned by JC.  There is a track named Menangle which usually races Monday nights here which I believe is a 7/8ths track and all horses start on the front line (up to 10)

One last hint for future cards. HRNSW on YouTube shows all races including qualifiers for the tracks in that region.  Menangle, Bathhurst, Newcastle, Riverina, Penrith

Harness Stats

Tonights scratches and driver changes.  This info is from the fields link I just posted. My betting platform is not showing these changes at this time

Scratches.
Race 2 …. 1, 2
Race 3 …  1, 8
Race 4 …  2
Race 5 …  2, 6
Race 6 …  2, 9
Race 7 …  1, 8

The only driver changes are in Race 7
John Justice is on the 5
John Cadlow is on the 10 …  So Greg Sugars picked the morning line favorite 2 over the 10 who won his last two starts

Harness Stats

Total handle for race 1 wps and exotics approx. 18,450  Looks like no one cares regardless of when it starts.  Forecast for rain for the rest of the card.  Fitting. 

Harness Stats

Race 2 already more than that with five minutes to go.  Maybe there is hope  ngc3 ngc3

I'll shut up now

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Papillon: TMZ tracked Puff Daddy in Antigua, the West Indies. I don't think he is coming back.
    Today at 12:49:49 PM
  • The Thorn: Alligning oneself with the Puff Diddler is probably not a politically correct move at this point
    Today at 12:36:34 PM
  • Janny: I guess Diddy found out it’s not easy Pimpin.
    Today at 10:57:29 AM
  • Calhoun: Diddy say All's Good.  I'm happy this brother set free
    March 27, 2024, 11:57:59 AM
  • Unclejerry: Dr, Poopenstein was really P.Diddy
    March 27, 2024, 10:08:00 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: P. Diddle aint coming back here EVER!
    March 27, 2024, 07:54:44 AM
  • Calhoun: Damn.. P Diddy on the run .. That young puzzy be costing him.
    March 26, 2024, 08:08:38 AM
  • Calhoun: Closing Day .. Red Mile Quarter Horse
    March 26, 2024, 08:07:25 AM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal