Author Topic: Yonkers STILL doesnt have a consolation for 4 of 5 in pick 5  (Read 4685 times)

PurpleSheetPicks

• Elite
Yonkers STILL doesnt have a consolation for 4 of 5 in pick 5
« on: February 15, 2020, 10:36:12 PM »
Yonkers still hasn't smartened up and given a consolation payout for 4 out of 5 when no one hits 5 out of 5 in The Pick 5. This makes absolutely no sense at all. They would still have a heck of a carry over and it would get more handle because people would make more entries and include more long shots if they were going to get a consolation payoff. Hack the Meadowlands Pace four out of five, even when someone it's 5 out of 5, and that's only a $0.20 bet. Smarten up Yonkers already. I wrote about this years ago. No one is going to play long shots in big tickets if they can't get a consolation for at least getting something back for picking three $30 horses. And being treated the same as someone who hit none of them.

Superfecta

• Elite
Re: Yonkers STILL doesnt have a consolation for 4 of 5 in pick 5
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2020, 08:51:40 AM »
Nobody is playing extra tickets for a consolation prize. Instead of complaining, why don't you play the extra tickets and just take down the entire pool with the single winning ticket and 4 out of 5 won't be an issue. ;D

PurpleSheetPicks

• Elite
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2020, 10:25:09 AM »
Nobody is playing extra tickets for a consolation prize. Instead of complaining, why don't you play the extra tickets and just take down the entire pool with the single winning ticket and 4 out of 5 won't be an issue. ;D

you are too dumb but ill explain

exacta take 2....pick 5 takes FIVE
higher level of difficulty...
much higher

Calhoun

• Elite
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2020, 10:36:08 AM »
you are too dumb but ill explain

exacta take 2....pick 5 takes FIVE
higher level of difficulty...
much higher
At Gulfstream yesterday, the two pick-5's .... 4 out of 5 paid:

$17.75    (5/5 paid $1,200)

$2.20      (5/5 paid $115)

Are you truly sobbing over not getting this back? 

Me?  I'm looking forward to tomorrows $16k carryover,

PurpleSheetPicks

• Elite
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2020, 10:44:02 AM »
At Gulfstream yesterday, the two pick-5's .... 4 out of 5 paid:

$17.75    (5/5 paid $1,200)

$2.20      (5/5 paid $115)

Are you truly sobbing over not getting this back? 

Me?  I'm looking forward to tomorrows $16k carryover,

no......
im saying when the 5 out of 5 ISNT HIT
because its LONG PRICES
that someone should get something for at least getting 4 out of 5, considering how hard that is when longshots come in...

here is the kicker...even if a consolation had been paid...for like 20 percent of the pot...the carryover would still be well over 10k

Superfecta

• Elite
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2020, 09:19:19 PM »
Learn how to handicap so you won't have to come on here and whine like a bitch all the time shit for brains.

PurpleSheetPicks

• Elite
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2020, 09:50:31 PM »
Learn how to handicap so you won't have to come on here and whine like a bitch all the time shit for brains.

you are a moron...
it has nothing to do with learning how to handicap
if im theonly person in the entire country that hits 4 of 5 how does that imply that i need to learn how to handicap

im guessing you are a trump fan?

facts and logic are irrelivant to you....that was the dead giveaway

NJ The best

• Elite
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2020, 09:52:40 PM »
I agree I have hit 4 out of 5 many nights and wouldn’t mind at least getting my initial investment back or close to it , I’m sure I would bet it right back the next night and some .

Powerful Patricks Ghost

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2020, 09:54:15 PM »
I just dont bet into horrible wagers where there is no minor pool payout for most winning combinations.  Imagine hitting 5/6 on a pick 6 in Southern California and not getting paid  73cv.2

PurpleSheetPicks

• Elite
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2020, 09:55:28 PM »
I agree I have hit 4 out of 5 many nights and wouldn’t mind at least getting my initial investment back or close to it , I’m sure I would bet it right back the next night and some .

ding ding ding
why shdould someone who picks 4 30 dollar winners, and is the only one to do so , be treated the same as someone who played 5 favorites and didnt hit any of them....
makes no sense
not only does it make no sense, but they are hurting themselves handle wise...
NO ONE is going to play any REAL coverage tickets without a consolation for 4 out of 5 IF NO ONE HITS 5...
obviously if someone hits 5 of 5 then no consolation...but if no one hits 5 of 5 that means it was a hard sequence and someont that just missed by 1 should get some kind of reward

PurpleSheetPicks

• Elite
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2020, 09:56:02 PM »
I just dont bet into horrible wagers where there is no minor pool payout for most winning combinations.  Imagine hitting 5/6 on a pick 6 in Southern California and not getting paid  73cv.2

some real gamblers actually get it...

chief yogi

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2020, 10:08:45 PM »
i dont invest much into all or nothing wagers. i think tracks handle would go up if they paid a consolation. unless a big carryover it seems stupid to invest a lot to win a few grand or come out with zero. i dont mind investing in the old pick 6's. big pot to winner but come close with a few longshots in there you could still make money. just my thoughts.

PurpleSheetPicks

• Elite
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2020, 10:47:04 PM »
i dont invest much into all or nothing wagers. i think tracks handle would go up if they paid a consolation. unless a big carryover it seems stupid to invest a lot to win a few grand or come out with zero. i dont mind investing in the old pick 6's. big pot to winner but come close with a few longshots in there you could still make money. just my thoughts.

Yes. Like a superfecta, If someone hits it then no consolation, but if no one hits it it means that no one hits it for a reason and there's a lot of long shots. So someone who had all The Longshots, but one should be rewarded. Better for the gamblers better for the company because it will generate more handle. But you morons who just want to hate will never get it.

Calhoun

• Elite
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2020, 02:16:38 PM »
no......
im saying when the 5 out of 5 ISNT HIT
because its LONG PRICES
that someone should get something for at least getting 4 out of 5, considering how hard that is when longshots come in...

here is the kicker...even if a consolation had been paid...for like 20 percent of the pot...the carryover would still be well over 10k
To each his own.  But the smartest gamblers want their money in when there is +EV or damn close to it... which is the carryover pool.   And whatever makes the C/O higher, I'm all for.  I know New Jersey pays 4/5, at least Monmouth. 

Brown jug

• Elite
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2020, 02:56:37 PM »
fyi
horse racing is called GAMBLING, not investing
what do you want a dividend back on your investment

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Calhoun: Diddy say All's Good.  I'm happy this brother set free
    March 27, 2024, 11:57:59 AM
  • Unclejerry: Dr, Poopenstein was really P.Diddy
    March 27, 2024, 10:08:00 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: P. Diddle aint coming back here EVER!
    March 27, 2024, 07:54:44 AM
  • Calhoun: Damn.. P Diddy on the run .. That young puzzy be costing him.
    March 26, 2024, 08:08:38 AM
  • Calhoun: Closing Day .. Red Mile Quarter Horse
    March 26, 2024, 08:07:25 AM
  • Mazola: ngc3
    March 25, 2024, 10:00:52 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: thet're sisters
    March 25, 2024, 09:04:44 PM
  • Mazola: I heard that he is somehow related to Blutarsky but I can't believe that.
    March 25, 2024, 07:31:04 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal