Author Topic: 20 people  (Read 3768 times)

cr dawg

• Stakes Horse
20 people
« on: January 16, 2020, 10:03:23 AM »
in the grandstand at Mohawk last Monday night! Where have all the people gone? I didn't know all of their names, but have seen them playing for 30 plus years. There was the couple, the Asian, the greek  and the plumber, all missing in action! Last spring after Cams Tux opened up by 10 at the 3/4 pole, a punter said adios! I haven't seen him since. Everyone in the grandstand new who was responsible, but no action by the people in charge. Geez, they banned McKnight for life years ago for less???
Race 10, there were only 10 of us left as the horses walked onto the track at 10:31, 2 minutes after the clocked turned to zero minutes to post...lol. Another 5 minutes before the race went.......oh the torture has become unbearable!
 Please WEG, do us all a favor and kick us out, put an end to it all! I live 5 minutes from Mohawk, got in at 10:55. I couldn't imagine having to drive 45 minutes to get home? Those 8 o'clock starts with the T bred Can Am must be a real customer pleaser?
The O'bri yawns are coming soon.......lets hope Ricky Gervais is the MC

Rabbi Of Racing

Re: 20 people
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2020, 01:04:26 PM »
in the grandstand at Mohawk last Monday night! Where have all the people gone? I didn't know all of their names, but have seen them playing for 30 plus years. There was the couple, the Asian, the greek  and the plumber, all missing in action! Last spring after Cams Tux opened up by 10 at the 3/4 pole, a punter said adios! I haven't seen him since. Everyone in the grandstand new who was responsible, but no action by the people in charge. Geez, they banned McKnight for life years ago for less???
Race 10, there were only 10 of us left as the horses walked onto the track at 10:31, 2 minutes after the clocked turned to zero minutes to post...lol. Another 5 minutes before the race went.......oh the torture has become unbearable!
 Please WEG, do us all a favor and kick us out, put an end to it all! I live 5 minutes from Mohawk, got in at 10:55. I couldn't imagine having to drive 45 minutes to get home? Those 8 o'clock starts with the T bred Can Am must be a real customer pleaser?
The O'bri yawns are coming soon.......lets hope Ricky Gervais is the MC
Like all the tracks,all the people that used to go are dead,and there are no new ones to replace them,I am near death as well

Calhoun

• Elite
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2020, 01:20:40 PM »
Like all the tracks,all the people that used to go are dead,and there are no new ones to replace them,I am near death as well
I got to go to Philly next Friday.

I'm thinking of a Freehold-Yonkers double header.  tmbz1

Brown jug

• Elite
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2020, 01:47:39 PM »
all true and relevant facts, here are a few more
nobody drives to mohawk between September  and april , bad weather , horrible traffic etc
other than seeing horses live on track before the race what is the value of actually going
although clearly the people who play slots have no issue going but then they cant watch and play at home ( not really)
also please understand that WEG really does not care about Standardbred racing ( remember they got kicked out of woodbine) it is al about tbreds, they keep the harness just to avoid the public and political backlash
if it wasn't for home betting and out of region betting this game would have been done long ago

bigwrench

• Living Legend
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2020, 02:11:41 PM »
Def not the crowd that
Regularly invaded Greenwood raceway
Black lives matter? WTF
I was taught all lives matter!
Especially the lives of us rednecks
And our Horsez!!

slimshady

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2020, 04:05:55 PM »
"Greenwood would always be busy "

If Greenwood was open today, no one from west of Islington or east of Kingston rd would show up.  The traffic into that location is beyond rediculous.

Never mind bettors, there wouldn't be a trainer that could make it there in time for racing, unless they were willing to leave home at 2pm to almost guarantee making the race 1 start time.

With online gambling, does anyone believe there is a hope in hell of attracting enough on site patrons to warrant anything other than an area for the buffet, and a decent sports bar.  Close the rest of the space up and reduce the maintenance and labour expenses as much as possible. 

mwins

• Open / FFA
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2020, 05:28:25 PM »
When u charge $50 for a buffet brunch on Boxing Day,  and are surprised that people arent racing to pay that, you are clearly out of touch with reality.

The dining room is now closed EVERY NIGHT until April or May.

Brown jug

• Elite
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2020, 07:05:08 PM »
correct , a decent sports bar /book is all that is required
and for the few nights of the year when they hold major races , well too bad
however dont worry about the unused space, flamborough showed how to make use of that

slimshady

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2020, 07:25:58 PM »
"Slim time to get new glasses no where did it mention now."

Iceman  ...   I wasn't trying to debunk your statement about Greenwood back in the day.  I was just trying to add on to the subject which was about how few people show up for racing today.  That's why I started with "If".

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Kirby's Ace: Why? Your already here!
    Today at 12:20:48 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Admin Bring back XYZ.
    March 28, 2024, 10:02:39 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Yes XYZ you are missed
    March 28, 2024, 09:56:46 PM
  • Mazola: Hey XYZ, miss you buddy!
    March 28, 2024, 08:18:55 PM
  • FirstUpFrom8Hole: Do Piff Daddy know Antiqua has an extradition treaty wif the US of A?
    March 28, 2024, 06:39:42 PM
  • Calhoun: Some White Boy Diddy gave a ride to got popped for Coke and Edibles.
    March 28, 2024, 03:24:42 PM
  • Papillon: TMZ tracked Puff Daddy in Antigua, the West Indies. I don't think he is coming back.
    March 28, 2024, 12:49:49 PM
  • The Thorn: Alligning oneself with the Puff Diddler is probably not a politically correct move at this point
    March 28, 2024, 12:36:34 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal