Author Topic: Brian Brown (Shane Bowermaster) 2 Year Olds At Hoosier  (Read 12491 times)

hoosierboy

• Elite
Re: Brian Brown (Shane Bowermaster) 2 Year Olds At Hoosier
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2018, 07:50:41 AM »
I think Bill Irvine is the mastermind behind the operation

horses first

• Elite
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2018, 12:08:30 PM »
Steve...you must not have been keeping track over the years seeing the results of breakfast with the babies at the Meadowlands or Monday mornings with qualifiers at Gaitway. Takter sends out babies first time in 55 or 56. Those are fucking trotters. Along with other Swedes there 1st and 2nd qualifiers are 5-6 seconds faster then the ones at the 3 PA tracks. It's not just a couple either. He has plenty of years qualifying that fast. Julie and Ron dominate the gaitway qualifiers and You'll see pacers in 53 and 52 constantly. So put your crack pipe away. Takter not only has a early string of staters that are ready to roll. If those aren't ready to knock your head off he will have some middle relievers, come August and maybe a closer or two come Sep and Oct. Also looked like Alagna and Burke wanted to get some quick qualifiers in to pad their syndication on Capt T and Sweet Lou...Maybe you missed those?

No shit a trainer can't tell from a yearling sale if the horse will be a star or not. But when they are battling over all the MH babies they will tell you why they purchased the next superstar. All the physical abilities and blah blah blah. When they all fail like in the ones bought in 2016. Not a peep out of the industry on 5.5mln spent on one sire foals. A good where are they know piece by the USTA would be creative.

As far as Brian Brown...I didn't hear much about him but never really followed the Ohio circuit before they received welfare money. But his numbers seem like a small fish in a desperately small pond without gaming as any IL trainers over the last few years. Since 2012 however he went up to 954k, 2013 1.5m, 2014 2.1m, 2015 3.4m, 2016 2.5m, 2017 5.7m, and 2018 719k. He's batted between .340-.402 over those years. So it doesn't appear it was overnight or a couple lucky years. He is on his 7th year which qould put him in the top 25 of trainers. Whether He's got something that seems to work like all big GC trainers with a lot of horses in training, I wouldn't know. But looks like he targeted the Ohio and IN circuit where the Swedes, Alagna, Allard, Julie Miller, and some other bigger trainers with young stars don't enter the pool. Plus he concentrates with pacers making his % better since your not over working with young trotters to stay flat and not break your heart early on. Also if He has something NOT saying he does...easier to gas and go the pacer.

swoodall

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2018, 04:01:24 PM »
Steve...you must not have been keeping track over the years seeing the results of breakfast with the babies at the Meadowlands or Monday mornings with qualifiers at Gaitway. Takter sends out babies first time in 55 or 56. Those are fucking trotters. Along with other Swedes there 1st and 2nd qualifiers are 5-6 seconds faster then the ones at the 3 PA tracks. It's not just a couple either. He has plenty of years qualifying that fast. Julie and Ron dominate the gaitway qualifiers and You'll see pacers in 53 and 52 constantly. So put your crack pipe away. Takter not only has a early string of staters that are ready to roll. If those aren't ready to knock your head off he will have some middle relievers, come August and maybe a closer or two come Sep and Oct. Also looked like Alagna and Burke wanted to get some quick qualifiers in to pad their syndication on Capt T and Sweet Lou...Maybe you missed those?

No shit a trainer can't tell from a yearling sale if the horse will be a star or not. But when they are battling over all the MH babies they will tell you why they purchased the next superstar. All the physical abilities and blah blah blah. When they all fail like in the ones bought in 2016. Not a peep out of the industry on 5.5mln spent on one sire foals. A good where are they know piece by the USTA would be creative.

As far as Brian Brown...I didn't hear much about him but never really followed the Ohio circuit before they received welfare money. But his numbers seem like a small fish in a desperately small pond without gaming as any IL trainers over the last few years. Since 2012 however he went up to 954k, 2013 1.5m, 2014 2.1m, 2015 3.4m, 2016 2.5m, 2017 5.7m, and 2018 719k. He's batted between .340-.402 over those years. So it doesn't appear it was overnight or a couple lucky years. He is on his 7th year which qould put him in the top 25 of trainers. Whether He's got something that seems to work like all big GC trainers with a lot of horses in training, I wouldn't know. But looks like he targeted the Ohio and IN circuit where the Swedes, Alagna, Allard, Julie Miller, and some other bigger trainers with young stars don't enter the pool. Plus he concentrates with pacers making his % better since your not over working with young trotters to stay flat and not break your heart early on. Also if He has something NOT saying he does...easier to gas and go the pacer.

My crack pipe has been empty since I no longer go to the track for free refills. 43xc.2

But you make some good points which look to me like focus on the quality of what other trainers are sending out.

I am not saying these other guys are racing clean while sending out a few monsters of there own.

Maybe I did a less than stellar job of pointing out that I was trying to rebut this concept some used in their replies that the more yearlings you train the more stars you should have. Quantity does not = Quality.

I was trying to point out that just because Brown has 113 total 2 year olds most of his stock is not considered from the top mares or the sport's top sires.

To me this is the story behind his favorable numbers when compared to high profile trainers.

I interpret his numbers as producing high quality and quantity from humble beginnings over a short period of time.

Any trainer can stumble onto a Rambling Willie in his life but not have a barn full of them.

Point taken about Captaintreacherou s 2 year olds looking like monsters but Sweet Lou's look like sloths.

Last point is I don't remember the other trainers I mentioned ever having over 100 total 2 year olds in their barns but it may have happened. And if they did the level of quality of the breeding they can afford over Brown's army is significant.

Which gets back to my intention of pointing out Brown's success of producing higher quality with lesser stock.

cigar

• Elite
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2018, 07:17:57 PM »
Swoodall is special needs child, Brown trains for emerald highland some farm who breed Ohio/Indiana they just happen to have some good stock because they keep the best babies to race. Hence he has some of the best babies in Midwest. He’s also one hell of a baby trainer.

Joe Dirt

• Stakes Horse
  • #MeToo My Ass
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2018, 07:34:44 PM »
JUST SAYIN, 2 YOF SCIOTO. 2ND IN THE FIRST RACE, 1ST AND 2ND IN THE SECOND RACE

40,000 PURSE

augustaandy

• Elite
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2018, 08:08:28 PM »
Swoodall is special needs child, Brown trains for emerald highland some farm who breed Ohio/Indiana they just happen to have some good stock because they keep the best babies to race. Hence he has some of the best babies in Midwest. He’s also one hell of a baby trainer.

tmbz1 tmbz1 tmbz1

Icyunvme

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2018, 08:26:56 PM »
No mas amor may make Sweet Lou look a little better when he debuts next week.

buffalo believer

• Elite
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2018, 08:50:05 PM »
Newsflash—-just about every trainer with an average above .300 is doing something in regards to drugs that takes advantage of the lack of rules/testing.  Why wouldn’t they??  There are no consequences so a big trainer would be an idiot if he or she didn’t take advantage of that fact.  And don’t think that 2 year olds are exempt.  Drugs that work on a 9 year old 10 claimed work just as good on a two year old and trainers/owners do not care about longevity but all that really matters is their two and three year old years.

horses first

• Elite
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2018, 09:27:12 PM »
Steve the 113 I think was a combo of 2 and 3 yr olds. More like 76 2 yr olds that were in training. I did notice Paul Reid Stable had over 60 2 yr olds in training and that's a name that escapes me. Know I'm not as active as I use to be following racing across the states and ON
 I don't know this guy at all and he has 60? Brown had 10 in on OH sire day with colt pacers with 1 win, 3 seconds, a third, a fourth, fifth, 2 sixth, a seventh and a eighth. Some success but none of those pacers paced off the charts. Alvin Miller(?l had the fastest of them all. But as John Campbell always said time only means as much if your spending it behind bars.

slivercharm

• Elite
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2018, 09:29:32 PM »
Little joe was the best at picking out babies look at the list him and least had over the years. Joe was the best ever.
gonna start a syndicate betting balmoral, who wants to invest?

swoodall

« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2018, 01:30:52 AM »

So I'm the special needs child? 11.dnc

But YOU are the one racing at the Mecca of harness racing's Special Olympics....Hawth orne! tmbz1 ngc3 ngc3

"Just happen to have some good stock" is the greatest CLOWN answer in months! 94z.sm

Do you really want me to give you a run down on the breeding of some of these "good stock" babies? angbk

Unproven mediocre to average mares bred to average sires producing average to outstanding babies. 68xv.2

This is the Joe Anderson playbook. 68xv.2

You don't need to pay high prices for yearlings or breed to expensive sires to get great results. 77z.chf

And we all now know the secret to Joe's success wasn't his horsemanship. 77z.chf 91.jzail

swoodall

« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2018, 01:32:52 AM »
Little joe was the best at picking out babies look at the list him and least had over the years. Joe was the best ever.

Really? Are you on drugs? 43xc.2

Because Joe's horses sure were! 87xc.2 11.wp 77z.chf 91.jzail

cigar

• Elite
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2018, 09:13:20 AM »

So I'm the special needs child? 11.dnc

But YOU are the one racing at the Mecca of harness racing's Special Olympics....Hawth orne! tmbz1 ngc3 ngc3

"Just happen to have some good stock" is the greatest CLOWN answer in months! 94z.sm

Do you really want me to give you a run down on the breeding of some of these "good stock" babies? angbk

Unproven mediocre to average mares bred to average sires producing average to outstanding babies. 68xv.2

This is the Joe Anderson playbook. 68xv.2

You don't need to pay high prices for yearlings or breed to expensive sires to get great results. 77z.chf

And we all now know the secret to Joe's success wasn't his horsemanship. 77z.chf 91.jzail

Yea give us a rundown

bigwrench

• Living Legend
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2018, 12:50:00 PM »
Years of insecurity?_?

Your kidding right?

All those years in Chicago
Have scrambled yours brains even more
Swoo linski !!
Black lives matter? WTF
I was taught all lives matter!
Especially the lives of us rednecks
And our Horsez!!

swoodall

« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2018, 02:09:40 PM »
Years of insecurity?_?

Your kidding right?

All those years in Chicago
Have scrambled yours brains even more
Swoo linski !!

Since there's no known Rosetta Stone for a bigwrench post you will need to explain. ngc3

I can't believe Wrench would defend Joe Anderson. ???

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • In It Deep: Hi Liberals
    June 05, 2024, 04:40:07 PM
  • In It Deep: 11.tfk
    May 28, 2024, 07:54:33 PM
  • In It Deep: The Butt Nut
    May 28, 2024, 07:49:02 PM
  • Bernie Madoff: ngc3 ngc3 ngc3
    May 24, 2024, 08:05:54 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: At least we agree it's a shithole
    May 24, 2024, 07:04:43 PM
  • Kirby's Ace: I think this shithole owns you!
    May 24, 2024, 09:30:25 AM
  • M P: Face it, I OWN THIS SHITHOLE of a forum.
    May 23, 2024, 09:35:08 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Itchy Kitties...
    May 22, 2024, 05:09:31 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal