Author Topic: Recipe for the FUTURE  (Read 4844 times)

Hush Limbaugh II

• Elite
Recipe for the FUTURE
« on: April 23, 2018, 11:12:22 AM »
As we are starting to see (and was pointed out by yours truly many years earlier) too may tracks, too many races, and now too few horses being bred. Meaning the older stock is way OVER PRICED, the babies coming to the sale are a product of drugs and over priced which produces inflated numbers at the sale concerning MONEY SPENT at the sale plus inflated numbers on average sale price. Probably by 2020 the game as we know it now, will be in a much smaller market. No new money, no new faces, and hopefully NO KNEW IDEAS by Gooooffffrrrraaaa lllll Inc  11.wp 11.wp 11.wp
If YOU would "HUSH" up, YOU just might know WhatzzzzZ UP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

• Open / FFA
Re: Recipe for the FUTURE
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2018, 11:22:29 AM »
As we are starting to see (and was pointed out by yours truly many years earlier) too may tracks, too many races, and now too few horses being bred. Meaning the older stock is way OVER PRICED, the babies coming to the sale are a product of drugs and over priced which produces inflated numbers at the sale concerning MONEY SPENT at the sale plus inflated numbers on average sale price. Probably by 2020 the game as we know it now, will be in a much smaller market. No new money, no new faces, and hopefully NO KNEW IDEAS by Gooooffffrrrraaaa lllll Inc  11.wp 11.wp 11.wp

Here was der Fuhrer back in 2013:

“It has been a long road, but on the heels of a remarkably successful 2013 season, and with the grand opening of our new facility nearly upon us, harness racing fans should take this as a statement that the future is looking brighter and brighter at The Meadowlands.  This is something that when we took over operations, I would never have imagined could be possible so quickly.  It is a testament to the hard work and effort that the entire Meadowlands team put forth.  So many people played a role in making this possible."

In what other industry or sport, other than the White House, can a person be so wrong for so long at the expense of so many people, and still be in charge?  Wake up, kiddies, this fool has only made things worse with his Pic-N-Chews Jews "integrity" program.  Until next time, darlings......... ......HEIL HITLER! 

Trottin Man

• Top Claimer
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2018, 12:09:00 PM »
There is NOT one single harness track that can be profitable without slot money. Plain and simple. The end is near. Fair meets only coming to a fairgrounds near you!

why?

• 4 claimer
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2018, 02:09:25 PM »
The reality is slotting money is profits, minus horse racetrack and related expenses. Handle does not cover horse expenses. Outsource racing. Slots and States see more profits.

Superfecta

• Elite
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2018, 03:06:09 PM »
Agree ,too many tracks.I myself would be happy with each state having a fair circuit,sire stakes program with different levels(like Ny)including sire stakes races for older horses and a grand circuit program. Get rid of overnight racing.Get rid of the catch drivers and get back to the trainer/driver days. I remember the old days in NJ when each farm had their fair racing thru the summer. No wagering just pure racing it was very enjoyable.

Let’s go back 100 years. Get out your black & white tv along with your rotary phone. Omg. Wtf.

The Exporter

• Elite
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2018, 03:25:04 PM »
I think you're onto something, Super'. Where was harness racing almost 100 years ago? Before Color TV, and with the rotary telephone? It was at the fairs and a large part of the agricultural economies of ruraL parts of the states. What brought to to pinnacle of times in the 1960's?  Legalized and state controlled gambling. Now, with the dozen or so other state sanctioned gambling schemes, harness racing is no longer a tax generator for the states via, wagering. But, it is still a good part of the small, rural markets of many states.
 So, what is a better vehicle to help more people prosper, making hundreds of millions of dollars available to carpetbagger owners and trainers via overnight racing or, funding a rich state breeders and fair program?   

The Exporter

• Elite
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2018, 04:27:19 PM »
Something I have been pitching for years. NY HHB did do something to move more in this direction this year. Now, breeders awards will be paid to owners of mares with a minimum of 180 days in the state.
 A while ago, NY Legislature gave permission to run NYB/owned restricted overnight races with enhanced purses. Saratoga has been writing them regularly.
 So, now a NW of 2 older horse with a market value of say 10K races for $8K or so.
 All moves in the right direction, in my book.

Superfecta

• Elite
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2018, 05:10:27 PM »
Super why the wtf? Because harness racing is doing so well? Lmao it’s a god dam Carnevale. Seriously, did you see one person on the tarmac sat. Night at Yonkers for a 500,000 plus race? 137,000 wagered on that race? Really WTF
2) the increase in purses would decrease the temptation of fixing races.

Things might have been much better 40 50 years ago but it was a different world and you can't turn back the clock. You have to move forward.
I disagree strongly with your #2. When the purses increased with all of the slot money the cheating and juicing and chemicals have become more rampant than ever before.
The sport needs a major overhaul before it has any chance of moving forward.

The Exporter

• Elite
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2018, 05:35:36 PM »
Why stop at $50,000? Why not $150, 000 a dash. That would fix everything.

Superfecta

• Elite
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2018, 06:08:41 PM »
Super, I never said that increased purses would stop the chemists. Whole different subject. That falls under policing the sport and improved testing. What I did say was that increased purses would discourage Race fixing example being drivers trainers and owners racing for 1200 purses at places like monti and freehold. Ya think they are making a living racing for that? If you have SS pusrses upward of 50 thousand wouldn’t it be an incentive to drivers owners and trainers to give it the old college try verses going dead with the favorite in order to put food on the table?

I know what you meant. The chemistry is just another form of race fixing in my book. Another problem with the huge purses is most drivers will sit and not risk burning their horse and just race for a check. I'm really not sure how to discourage that.

hoosierboy

• Elite
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2018, 06:17:38 PM »
We also need to remember that the price of training a horse is going up which is making the small guy less likely to invest at these b and c tracks

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Calhoun: Diddy say All's Good.  I'm happy this brother set free
    March 27, 2024, 11:57:59 AM
  • Unclejerry: Dr, Poopenstein was really P.Diddy
    March 27, 2024, 10:08:00 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: P. Diddle aint coming back here EVER!
    March 27, 2024, 07:54:44 AM
  • Calhoun: Damn.. P Diddy on the run .. That young puzzy be costing him.
    March 26, 2024, 08:08:38 AM
  • Calhoun: Closing Day .. Red Mile Quarter Horse
    March 26, 2024, 08:07:25 AM
  • Mazola: ngc3
    March 25, 2024, 10:00:52 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: thet're sisters
    March 25, 2024, 09:04:44 PM
  • Mazola: I heard that he is somehow related to Blutarsky but I can't believe that.
    March 25, 2024, 07:31:04 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal