Author Topic: Lazarus N  (Read 16816 times)

TimTimTimbo

• Stakes Horse
Lazarus N
« on: February 17, 2018, 12:27:26 PM »
Trainer Mark Purdon says he is relieved he has a week to turn champion pacer Lazarus around after he only battled his way into next week's Miracle Mile by finishing third at Menangle on Saturday night.

The Kiwi pacing hero raced well below his best when beaten by TIger Tara and My Field Marshall in his A$100,000 qualifying race, having to be brave to even secure that spot after looking under severe pressure at the 400m mark.

By finishing third Lazarus did enough to secure an invite to next Saturday's $750,000 great race but Purdon knows the five-year-old superstar will need to improve.

"He raced below his best obviously after contracting a bit of a bug that some of the team has had," said Purdon.

"I didn't think it would bother him and his blood report had been good.

"And we even had a vet scope him this morning (Saturday) and said he was fine to race.
"We told the stewards all about this and I still thought he would win but once he got crossed at the start and had to work hard it showed he wasn't at his best."

Purdon said the type of bug which must have been lingering in Lazarus's system tends to clear up quickly and he is hopeful he can have him back to his peak for next Saturday.

"But it knocks your confidence. I will know a lot more on Wednesday or Thursday." My Field Marshal gives New Zealand two pacers in the eight-strong field but with Lazarus best known for his epic wins over longer distances, he rivals will feel it is game on for next Saturday night.

TimTimTimbo

• Stakes Horse
Re: Lazarus N
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2018, 05:28:18 PM »
https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/sport/racing/outside-draw-for-lazarus-as-he-chases-history-in-the-miracle-mile-20180218-h0w9oa.html

Lazarus draws 10 hole in mile

Gonna be real tough to win from there especially the way he ran poorly a few days ago

In fact, he will have to create history on two fronts, with no horse having won a Miracle Mile from the outside draw since it moved to Menangle in 2009.

Lazarus wasn't the horse that has delivered performances which have had him compared to the greats of the sport on Saturday night as he struggled into third behind Tiger Tara in the Canadian Club Sprint in a relative slow time of 1.51.5.

The five-year-old had to depend on an invitation into the Miracle Mile but questions remain over his fitness after trainer-driver Mark Purdon admitted he had a blood complaint last week.

"I thought he was over it but the way the race panned out and him having to race parked, after being crossed, it affected him," Purdon said.
"So we have a week to get him right and I am just glad he gets into the Mile."

Lazarus will probably have to go back from his draw with Anything For Love, the all-the-way winner of Saturday's Allied Express Transport Sprint in 1.48.7, the likely leader from gate two.

WA Pacing Cup winner Soho Tribeca is likely again to sit outside Anything For Love from gate six as he did on Saturday when beaten a nose, and his trainer Michael Stanley said he "won't be giving up" his spot when Lazarus comes mid-race.

"Position is very important over the mile at Menangle and we have an advantage over Lazarus, which we won't be giving up," Stanley said.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

• Open / FFA
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2018, 11:14:50 PM »
What a way to show exactly what terrible management can do to a great horse.  Wow.  Horrific.  And to those idiots like Hammer Head and Lice Man who think Yimmy can train a down under better than Croghan, you're fucking retarded.

Who would breed to this rat now?  The Yimmy and Yanny show really did a job on this rat.  If I was Taylor Made, he'd be on the first plane back  to Purdon.  Until next time, sweeties......... ...........HEIL HITLER!!

LUCPARK

• Living Legend
  • HES A GOOD GUY ,FAMILY MAN AND A CHRISTIAN
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2018, 11:21:45 PM »
MCWICKED BEST HORSE ON THE PLANET..

NOTHIN ELSE TO TALK ABOUT AT THIS MOMENT
REAL AMERICANS DONT TAKE A KNEE

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

• Open / FFA
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2018, 11:28:27 PM »
MCWICKED BEST HORSE ON THE PLANET..

NOTHIN ELSE TO TALK ABOUT AT THIS MOMENT

yo, yo, Sky Low Low,

When they put Lazarbust on the plane to come over here, you could've got great odds on that McWicked bet.  No "Wonder From Down Under" gets beat by anyone 50 lengths.  Only the Yimmy and Yanny Show could do that.  So, calm down with your Casie-love and put bigger wedges in your shoes.  Until next time, darlings......... ............HEIL HITLER!!

hammer0419

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2018, 11:31:22 PM »
BUFFY YOU FUCKING RETARDED PUSS OOZING CUNT. ONLY A DOUCHE BAG LIKE YOU WOULD MAKE THE  POST ABOUT CROGAN.

WHAT DID YOU SUCK HIS COCK BACK IN THE DAY. CROGAN DIDN'T WIN THAT RACE,FUCK FACE CASIE DID.

THE ONLY ONE EXPOSED WAS YANNY. AS BAD A JOB OF DRIVING A HORSE AS A BEGINNING "P" DRIVER.

AGREED LAZARBUST HAS A HEART THE SIZE OF A CHICK PEA

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

• Open / FFA
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2018, 11:44:45 PM »
Kelvin Harrison must be breathing easier now that Yimmy has taken over the infamous title of doing the worst training job ever of a Wonder From Down Under.  Even retards like Hammer Head and Lice Man could see that it was the horrific management that turned Lazarbust into a stopping rat.  Well done, Yimmy and Yanny.  Until next time, laddies.......... ...HEIL HITLER!!

buffalo believer

• Elite
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2018, 11:47:27 PM »
BUFFY YOU FUCKING RETARDED PUSS OOZING CUNT. ONLY A DOUCHE BAG LIKE YOU WOULD MAKE THE  POST ABOUT CROGAN.

WHAT DID YOU SUCK HIS COCK BACK IN THE DAY. CROGAN DIDN'T WIN THAT RACE,FUCK FACE CASIE DID.

THE ONLY ONE EXPOSED WAS YANNY. AS BAD A JOB OF DRIVING A HORSE AS A BEGINNING "P" DRIVER.

AGREED LAZARBUST HAS A HEART THE SIZE OF A CHICK PEA
Pea hearted is an understatement.  Let's see if they use the reliable excuse of "he scoped sick".  It would be so refreshing to hear words of honesty out of Takter saying Lazarbust is not as good as we thought he would be. 

TimTimTimbo

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2018, 12:09:10 AM »
Pea hearted is an understatement.  Let's see if they use the reliable excuse of "he scoped sick".  It would be so refreshing to hear words of honesty out of Takter saying Lazarbust is not as good as we thought he would be.

Whilst Mcwicked is clearly the better horse. no horse stops like that unless something went wrong. Not making overall excuses because he has not been good enough but he stopped like a 4,000 dollar claimer.  He has won on wet tracks so that is not an excuse.

At least us Kiwi's know how to bet the shit out of College and NFL. Off to collect and play a 7 team NFL parlay

augustaandy

• Elite
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2018, 12:16:13 AM »
he lost 4 times last year and last I heard, there were no world beaters down there

he also lost to legendary Nirvana Seelster here

CaliRacer

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2018, 05:34:36 AM »
Whilst Mcwicked is clearly the better horse. no horse stops like that unless something went wrong. Not making overall excuses because he has not been good enough but he stopped like a 4,000 dollar claimer.  He has won on wet tracks so that is not an excuse.

At least us Kiwi's know how to bet the shit out of College and NFL. Off to collect and play a 7 team NFL parlay

is it possible that Yannick choked him down with that walk of a 29.1 2nd quarter? As great as YG is, he doesn’t drive this horse well. Put Sears, Tetrick or D Miller on him and results will be different

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

• Open / FFA
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2018, 08:13:54 AM »
is it possible that Yannick choked him down with that walk of a 29.1 2nd quarter? As great as YG is, he doesn’t drive this horse well. Put Sears, Tetrick or D Miller on him and results will be different

yo, yo, Vickie Desomer,

Don't hurt yourself.  Look at what happened.  Every race he got worse.  His qualifier looked promising and was his best effort.  Then he won at Hoosier but didn't move up.  Then he ran into Casie but was close.  Then Casie started hammering him.  And it all ended with this meltdown at Pocono.  That, ladies and gentlemen, is the training.  Nothing to do with the horse.  If he went back to Purdon he would win right away.  The Yimmy and Yanny Show did a real number on this rat.  Until next time, darlings......... ...........HEIL HITLER!!

Calhoun

• Elite
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2018, 08:43:49 AM »

I'm waiting for your apology.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

• Open / FFA
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2018, 10:45:12 AM »
Obviously Buffy has a problem with many here but if you ask me this horse has been polluted with every drug in the tack trunk. The horse was a fake down under and they knew it was coming to an end and then with Takter it blew up and ended. If this is not a red flag about drug use I don't know what is.

Ah, yes.  The infamous "alternative facts."  Only complete assholes like Hammer Head and Lice Man would stoop that low just to get some attention on this worthless forum.   A horse doesnt make that much money and race for that long without having innate quality.   The answer is clear:  Yimmy sucks.  Yanny sucks.  And the retard Hitler Youth suck.  Until next time, laddies.......... ....HEIL HITLER!!

Jctoronto

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2018, 11:17:52 AM »
forget all the snipng..

did anyone really expect lazerurs to end up in top 2 coming off vet scratch sick line..

mcwicked and other of 5 horses had better chance to hit the exacta then that one last night.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Papillon: TMZ tracked Puff Daddy in Antigua, the West Indies. I don't think he is coming back.
    Today at 12:49:49 PM
  • The Thorn: Alligning oneself with the Puff Diddler is probably not a politically correct move at this point
    Today at 12:36:34 PM
  • Janny: I guess Diddy found out it’s not easy Pimpin.
    Today at 10:57:29 AM
  • Calhoun: Diddy say All's Good.  I'm happy this brother set free
    March 27, 2024, 11:57:59 AM
  • Unclejerry: Dr, Poopenstein was really P.Diddy
    March 27, 2024, 10:08:00 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: P. Diddle aint coming back here EVER!
    March 27, 2024, 07:54:44 AM
  • Calhoun: Damn.. P Diddy on the run .. That young puzzy be costing him.
    March 26, 2024, 08:08:38 AM
  • Calhoun: Closing Day .. Red Mile Quarter Horse
    March 26, 2024, 08:07:25 AM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal