Author Topic: Ira Smolin  (Read 169739 times)

viking55

• Elite
Ira Smolin
« on: February 15, 2014, 12:50:54 AM »
I went out to Balmoral to visit with some friends and was told an interesting story,if true. I have NO reason to not believe it. This person was NOT one to tell tales. I would like to know if anyone can confirm.  One of the proposals that the IHHA discussed was proposed by Ira Smolin. WHY IN THE FUCK WOULD THE IHHA DISCUSS THE PROPOSAL FROM A MANAGEMENT SHILL? WHY WOULD HE MAKE IT? What business does he have MAKING ANY proposal? Does he have ANY horses? Does he have a license? Is HE a member? I know he gets his insurance paid through them.  And one wonders HOW the IHHA got into their present situation?  ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 The Illinois horsemen DESERVE recapture. The ONLY state to have that nonsense. Keep paying your dues-Ira needs insurance.D ngc3 ngc3 ngc3

Running OFF

• Open / FFA
Re: Ira Smolin
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2014, 12:53:42 AM »
This wont end well !!!!!!!!

JUICEJUNKIES

• Living Legend
  • ↑↑↑Dan Nance, a classic↑↑↑
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2014, 12:55:49 AM »
I went out to Balmoral to visit with some friends and was told an interesting story,if true. I have NO reason to not believe it. This person was NOT one to tell tales. I would like to know if anyone can confirm.  One of the proposals that the IHHA discussed was proposed by Ira Smolin. WHY IN THE FUCK WOULD THE IHHA DISCUSS THE PROPOSAL FROM A MANAGEMENT SHILL? WHY WOULD HE MAKE IT? What business does he have MAKING ANY proposal? Does he have ANY horses? Does he have a license? Is HE a member? I know he gets his insurance paid through them.  And one wonders HOW the IHHA got into their present situation?  ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 The Illinois horsemen DESERVE recapture. The ONLY state to have that nonsense. Keep paying your dues-Ira needs insurance.D ngc3 ngc3 ngc3

He claims he likes to train horses, claim horses, and has his own driver...in my life I have never seen him listed as an owner.

How many claims occurred in Illinois in 2013???  I don't recall any being announced when I watched.

Larry Bird Boy

• Elite
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2014, 01:01:57 AM »
I heard the Ira is only acting as a Jo between between the IHHA and Johnstons. I don't think he was trying to do anything other then get us racing as fast as possible. I really don't care who gets it done as long as we start racing!!!! If it ends up being Ira that safes us so be it !!! Do you care who gets it done if we start racing tomorrow ??
Johnny Johnson fucked up Chicago harness racing. I hope you die !!!!

viking55

• Elite
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2014, 01:09:13 AM »
I heard the Ira is only acting as a Jo between between the IHHA and Johnstons. I don't think he was trying to do anything other then get us racing as fast as possible. I really don't care who gets it done as long as we start racing!!!! If it ends up being Ira that safes us so be it !!! Do you care who gets it done if we start racing tomorrow ??

IF that's how you truly feel, WHY have the IHHA, and then tell Johnstons you will race for $1,000 purses and you will be entering the next day. Racing for peanuts IS NOT good way to survive. Please tell me how people are going to survive with the small purses? How much do you pay for hay? Grain? Blacksmith? Vet? IT ALL costs money.
Ira is a SHILL for racing. Are you SURE you want this guy working as a "go between" ? He does NOT represent horsemen interests. He represents his own and that of track management. But hey, it's YOUR livelihood, NOT MINE.  tmbz1 tmbz1 tmbz1 tmbz1 tmbz1
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 01:13:54 AM by viking55 »

Running OFF

• Open / FFA
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2014, 01:14:05 AM »
1st Ave. as I agree with the outcome it just goes to show you how close to   the Mgt he is and gets free insurance and he does nothing in the business. (But Gamble) gets a free suite every night and buffets just goes to show you why Illinois racing is so fucked up. Also it puts him close to be the SNITCH!!!!!!!!

viking55

• Elite
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2014, 01:14:47 AM »
This wont end well !!!!!!!!

How can it end ANY OTHER way in Illinois?

Running OFF

• Open / FFA
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2014, 01:21:57 AM »
 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3

Larry Bird Boy

• Elite
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2014, 01:26:10 AM »
How can it end ANY OTHER way in Illinois?
Dude, it font matter either way to me as long as were racing I could care less if it's Irs who gets it done or the man in the moon... Do you ??
Johnny Johnson fucked up Chicago harness racing. I hope you die !!!!

Running OFF

• Open / FFA
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2014, 01:32:56 AM »
like I said I agree with you JUST WANT TO RACE  11.wp 11.wp 11.wp 11.wp

viking55

• Elite
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2014, 01:36:46 AM »
Dude, it font matter either way to me as long as were racing I could care less if it's Irs who gets it done or the man in the moon... Do you ??

IF you really believe that, you deserve to be racing in Illinois. There's nothing else I can say to you. Maybe you LIKE to race for $1500 purses. AGAIN, HOW much do you pay for HAY,FEED,BLACKSMITH,VET,PADDOCKS? How are you supposed to break even, much less MAKE ANY MONEY?

viking55

• Elite
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2014, 01:44:33 AM »
like I said I agree with you JUST WANT TO RACE  11.wp 11.wp 11.wp 11.wp

So it doesn't bother you that someone who has NO horses, NO JOB, has FREE insurance, gets FREE meals, gets FREE programs, gets FREE booths from the racetrack owners is making proposals on what YOU should be racing YOUR HORSES for? A guy who cashed THE ONLY pick 5 ticket worth OVER $60 THOUSAND DOLLARS ? Do you really think he is looking for your best interests?  How long does it take YOU to make 60,000 dollars racing at Balmoral?

Running OFF

• Open / FFA
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2014, 02:30:33 AM »
That's why I pointed that out but a lot of us are hurting over here but I get the point.

horses first

• Elite
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2014, 08:58:04 AM »
Doesn't all the other horsemen and grooms have free insurance.  The IHHA takes a daily rake out of the purse account to fund insurance, then pay for their lobbyists, their salary's, advertising, and other expenditures.  In total not cheap and just less money to race for when everything is added up.  So what was the proposed idea?

viking55

• Elite
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2014, 09:47:29 AM »
Doesn't all the other horsemen and grooms have free insurance.  The IHHA takes a daily rake out of the purse account to fund insurance, then pay for their lobbyists, their salary's, advertising, and other expenditures.  In total not cheap and just less money to race for when everything is added up.  So what was the proposed idea?

There's the KEY word-HORSEMEN AND GROOMS. Ira is NEITHER. He rides on track managements coattails. Find out the LAST time Ira paid for ANYTHING at the track.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Unclejerry: Bitter Truth just shit his depends
    April 20, 2024, 09:46:06 PM
  • Unclejerry: Unc Jerry Kicks ass at Mohawk
    April 20, 2024, 09:15:06 PM
  • Unclejerry: HONK HONK I shut the sound off on Mohawk, Fuc those two mouths
    April 20, 2024, 08:10:27 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Cock a Doodle Do. Uncle Jerry's says, and cock'el do!
    April 20, 2024, 07:48:44 PM
  • Unclejerry: If Joe is so concerned about the middle east sand rats, why does he and Obunghole keep sending billions to Iran?
    April 20, 2024, 01:56:02 PM
  • Michael Petrelli: WNBA should just copy the Haness Racing business model. State welfare.
    April 19, 2024, 07:42:20 PM
  • Unclejerry: If Joe is so concerned about Katlen Clarks salary, why dont he buy a ticket for an WNBA game?
    April 18, 2024, 06:23:45 PM
  • Calhoun: Meadowlands just sent me email .. there's a P-8 Carryover ... $1,800 ... That changes everything ngc3
    April 18, 2024, 04:53:05 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal