Author Topic: PA trainer gets lifetime ban...  (Read 10056 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Grandstand Handicapper

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2777
  • Which wolf wins? The one you feed.
Re: PA trainer gets lifetime ban...
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2025, 01:49:14 PM »
While we agree on the HISA type system, and I couldn't agree you more on getting rid of the current leadership of the USTA, I don't agree that even a new USTA should be the governing body. But that's a discussion for another time and place, LOL.

I guess the issue is that that HISA, and perhaps HIWU, is "run" by the government. However, while I get that government typically cannot compete or compare to private enterprise, I don't really see this as HISA being run by the government. HISA is a private, self-regulatory organization. Yes, they were enacted, legislatively, by Federal legislation, and they may operate under the governance of the FTC; however, the way I see it, operationally and administratively they function autonomously. This is not the US Postal Service or even the Federal Reserve. LOL. Perhaps who runs it is perception. I get your point(s) though; valid and well-taken. Thanks.

seen2much

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2987
Re: PA trainer gets lifetime ban...
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2025, 07:50:55 PM »
I don't follow the Thoroughbreds. A friend that does says HISA has made a difference. If they stopped beards & did more out of competition testing it would make a difference. The big super trainer barns would become average & shrink...in my opinion. That would level the playing field. All of a sudden you could race to win instead of a minor check. I believe HISA could get the costs down & they are the last hope for the sport. It is probably to late for many who have left the game.

Highsir

  • NW-1
  • *
  • Posts: 22
Re: PA trainer gets lifetime ban...
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2025, 08:20:14 AM »
Harness racetracks can not afford HISA. actually neither can runners. They are getting crushed from the fees. Won't be long horse racing in general will be a thing of the past .

Grandstand Handicapper

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2777
  • Which wolf wins? The one you feed.

 

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Trigger: Yeh wiggles you'll show up there like Calhoun does anywhere promised  ngc3 G a little variety in my horrible posts, lots of material, no need to spam the board  ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3
    Today at 10:20:07 AM
  • wiggles44: I’ll be posting to your Facebook group soon.  :)
    Today at 10:18:49 AM
  • G: Sweet: Ant would wish your daughters raped by a bunch of niggers then set on fire...I miss him so much!   ngc3  Sweet: Where's MikeAnt when you need him  ngc3  shout out  Sound off ! Sweet: Ant would wish your daughters raped by a bunch of niggers then set on fire...I miss him so much!  ngc3 Today at 10:01:24 AM Sweet: Where's MikeAnt when you need him  ngc3 Today at 09:59:54 AM  Mike/Sweet you criticize racism? You really should be ashamed of yourself
    Today at 10:16:19 AM
  • Trigger: wiggles Go fetch me a bunch of the worst most horrible shit I said, a comilation, hurry up I wanna see it  ngc3
    Today at 10:14:14 AM
  • wiggles44: Take a break Mike
    Today at 10:12:47 AM
  • Trigger: Wiggles creenshots are great...I'm like I said that horrible shit 2 weeks ago, didn't recall, well there's the proof  ngc3 Thanks wiggles44  ;D
    Today at 10:08:58 AM
  • G: Wiggles you're very sharp
    Today at 10:07:14 AM
  • G: No shit Andrew
    Today at 10:07:03 AM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal