Author Topic: PA trainer gets lifetime ban...  (Read 10036 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Grandstand Handicapper

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2777
  • Which wolf wins? The one you feed.
Re: PA trainer gets lifetime ban...
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2025, 01:49:14 PM »
While we agree on the HISA type system, and I couldn't agree you more on getting rid of the current leadership of the USTA, I don't agree that even a new USTA should be the governing body. But that's a discussion for another time and place, LOL.

I guess the issue is that that HISA, and perhaps HIWU, is "run" by the government. However, while I get that government typically cannot compete or compare to private enterprise, I don't really see this as HISA being run by the government. HISA is a private, self-regulatory organization. Yes, they were enacted, legislatively, by Federal legislation, and they may operate under the governance of the FTC; however, the way I see it, operationally and administratively they function autonomously. This is not the US Postal Service or even the Federal Reserve. LOL. Perhaps who runs it is perception. I get your point(s) though; valid and well-taken. Thanks.

seen2much

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2987
Re: PA trainer gets lifetime ban...
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2025, 07:50:55 PM »
I don't follow the Thoroughbreds. A friend that does says HISA has made a difference. If they stopped beards & did more out of competition testing it would make a difference. The big super trainer barns would become average & shrink...in my opinion. That would level the playing field. All of a sudden you could race to win instead of a minor check. I believe HISA could get the costs down & they are the last hope for the sport. It is probably to late for many who have left the game.

Highsir

  • NW-1
  • *
  • Posts: 22
Re: PA trainer gets lifetime ban...
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2025, 08:20:14 AM »
Harness racetracks can not afford HISA. actually neither can runners. They are getting crushed from the fees. Won't be long horse racing in general will be a thing of the past .

Grandstand Handicapper

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2777
  • Which wolf wins? The one you feed.

 

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • andrew: im mike
    Today at 09:57:27 AM
  • wiggles44: Mike just changed that account name back to Trigger
    Today at 09:50:45 AM
  • LUCPARK: WELL SWEET HAS BEEN TERMINTATED
    Today at 09:26:41 AM
  • JT: Like for real ngc3
    Today at 08:31:54 AM
  • JT: Don't say that, Darnold' head might explode ngc3
    Today at 08:31:29 AM
  • Calhoun: FAKE NEWS -- NOT Banded. Name change yes. FAKE FAKE
    Today at 08:10:00 AM
  • wiggles44: Quiet since Mike Petrelli got exposed.   :)
    Today at 08:07:38 AM
  • darnoldrocks: Good morning ploppers.  The air is just a little fresher this morning.  Everyone have a great day!!!
    Today at 07:31:12 AM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal