Author Topic: Gene Piroski  (Read 3551 times)

DeeJennerit

• Top Claimer
Gene Piroski
« on: June 01, 2019, 06:11:26 PM »
Further proof of how crooked and backward harness racing is and how badly it needs a complete makeover starting at the top.

In Canada, on standardbredcanad a.ca, which is overseen by the governing body, they've posted a story about driver Gene Piroski returning to competition after being away for quite awhile.  Have a read:

http://https://standardbredcanada.ca/notices/6-1-19/piroski-glad-be-back-bike.html

Article says Piroski "stepped away from harness racing when Dalton McGuinty’s Liberal Government cancelled the Slots at Racetracks Program, and Piroski was quoted as saying, "It was pretty obvious that the harness racing industry was going to suffer and I didn’t want my family to suffer. I had to feed them the best way I know how so I changed professions without having to pick up and move my family."

I love it!  On the country's governing body's website!

He was out of racing because he got caught fixing races at old Windsor Raceway with Wallis and Forward and who knows who else!!!  Clearly he was the odd man out, though, because he didn't put enough hush money away to not have to move out West to work for a couple of years and now at Chrysler.

Listen, no ones perfect and I'm a firm believer in second chances, but the point of all of this is how the powers that be perceive that they can treat us, the public!  So much fluff, so much bullshit, so much swept under the rug, an entire HERD of elephants in the room and it all starts at the top.

Good luck to Gene, but thumbs down to Standardbred Canada for promoting mistruths.

wiggles44

• Stakes Horse
Re: Gene Piroski
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2019, 07:55:47 PM »
Further proof of how crooked and backward harness racing is and how badly it needs a complete makeover starting at the top.

In Canada, on standardbredcanad a.ca, which is overseen by the governing body, they've posted a story about driver Gene Piroski returning to competition after being away for quite awhile.  Have a read:

http://https://standardbredcanada.ca/notices/6-1-19/piroski-glad-be-back-bike.html

Article says Piroski "stepped away from harness racing when Dalton McGuinty’s Liberal Government cancelled the Slots at Racetracks Program, and Piroski was quoted as saying, "It was pretty obvious that the harness racing industry was going to suffer and I didn’t want my family to suffer. I had to feed them the best way I know how so I changed professions without having to pick up and move my family."

He was out of racing because he got caught fixing races at old Windsor Raceway with Wallis and Forward and who knows who else!!!  Clearly he was the odd man out, though, because he didn't put enough hush money away to not have to move out West to work for a couple of years and now at Chrysler.

Listen, no ones perfect and I'm a firm believer in second chances, but the point of all of this is how the powers that be perceive that they can treat us, the public!  So much fluff, so much bullshit, so much swept under the rug, an entire HERD of elephants in the room and it all starts at the top.

Good luck to Gene, but thumbs down to Standardbred Canada for promoting mistruths.

that's your membership fees hard at work
have to pay every fucking year
big bucks
only to have this published
 :1

Rabbi Of Racing

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2019, 07:58:01 PM »
Gene fixed thousands and thousands of races at Windsor raceway,what a crooked bastard he is

titans1127

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2019, 08:29:03 PM »

He actually came back after the race fixing case was thrown out.  Raced at Windsor until they closed up shop and then raced at the B tracks.  So his reasoning for disappearing isn't really that farfetched.

wiggles44

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2019, 10:38:46 PM »
Gene fixed thousands and thousands of races at Windsor raceway,what a crooked bastard he is

how is Sam doing?
i know Brad is flipping burgers in the winter and paving driveways in the summer
 91.jzail

Duke

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2019, 12:16:58 PM »
SC just cleanses everything about racing and would not tell the truth if it's negative. Politically correct gov paper.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Still say Noxema is the best for tug time.
    Today at 07:13:14 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: I like how it feels between my toes and ass cheeks. way better than desenex, or prep H
    Today at 05:04:31 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Never tried it for that purpose. Will give it a try!
    Today at 05:00:44 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: Vicks Vapor Rub is a great slipping cream
    May 14, 2024, 05:43:11 PM
  • The Thorn: Damn, You'all sound like a bunch of pussies.  Go smell some flowers and report back
    May 14, 2024, 12:41:19 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: I like the cool soothing feel.
    May 13, 2024, 07:32:06 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: Noxema gives me a soothing rush
    May 12, 2024, 01:08:57 PM
  • SwankToliverA: Wouldn't know, never had a need for it
    May 12, 2024, 12:12:11 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal