Author Topic: Jenna Otten & Emily Gaskin  (Read 4531 times)

Miguel_Sanchez

• Open / FFA
Jenna Otten & Emily Gaskin
« on: September 09, 2023, 10:51:18 PM »
These two would be phenomenal on the radio!  They are very knowledgeable but they look like they just stepped out of of a homeless shelter.  Maybe they could bring back the Beulah Twins and do a voice over? LOL

Fuguzzi

• Elite
Re: Jenna Otten & Emily Gaskin
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2023, 12:18:23 AM »
Ernie Gaskin was a listed trainer for Billy Haughton. Good guy to talk back in the day.

caddy

• Stakes Horse
  • vienerschnitzel
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2023, 12:26:42 AM »
These two would be phenomenal on the radio!  They are very knowledgeable but they look like they just stepped out of of a homeless shelter.  Maybe they could bring back the Beulah Twins and do a voice over? LOL

I thought that they were just great all night .. and, kind of felt they deserved an on camera close-up // as you say, when they showed the gals, it was less than flattering.  I think the trouble was the lousy backdrop and alley cat lighting.

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2023, 12:32:14 AM »
I thought that they were just great all night .. and, kind of felt they deserved an on camera close-up // as you say, when they showed the gals, it was less than flattering.  I think the trouble was the lousy backdrop and alley cat lighting.
Pigs are among the smartest animals on Earth.   Why knock their looks if they know their stuff?

Generation XYZ

• Elite
  • HARNESS RACING IS DEAD, CALL THE CORONER!
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2023, 09:24:41 AM »
Pigs are among the smartest animals on Earth.   Why knock their looks if they know their stuff?

ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 The old adage You can put lipstick on a pig, but its still a pig.
Pay to Play, Play to Win!

The Exporter

• Elite
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2023, 10:56:39 AM »
In selling anything, you customers and prospects need to identify with the presenter. A decision of like or dislike is made in just a few seconds. So, what is the demographic they are trying to reach? 30-50 year old, self absorbed outlandish hat wearing women? High end executives? No Harness racing is and has been about the average working Joe.
 Hey Stan Bergstein and Spencer Ross, two non descript middle age men did a world class job tapping into and retaining that demographic for a long time.
 We hear all the time, ..."we need the young people..." So, they give you knowledgeable, unpretentious, better than average looking presenters and the peckerheads complain.
 Keep doing the great work, ladies. 

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2023, 11:08:54 AM »
 tmbz1

Generation XYZ

• Elite
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2023, 12:37:47 PM »
Again another old adage...SEX Sells. You can't attract a good looking young crowd with two frogs on a lili pad

The Thorn

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2023, 12:39:47 PM »
Emily has been in the business forever having grown up under her father's connections which did include the time he was listed as first trainer for Bill Haughton in NY,  and knows what she's talking about, she did the Hoosier show for years.  She wasn't hired for her appearance.  Jenna on the other hand although also growing up in the sport somewhat, is still very very young and inexperienced.  She may be a little cuter than her sister Jess but she is lacking in her handicapping skills and is constantly fumbling over words. She just needs a bit more practice and she should do fine.

Generation XYZ

• Elite
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2023, 12:42:04 PM »
Emily has been in the business forever having grown up under her father's connections which did include the time he was listed as first trainer for Bill Haughton in NY,  and knows what she's talking about, she did the Hoosier show for years.  She wasn't hired for her appearance.  Jenna on the other hand although also growing up in the sport somewhat, is still very very young and inexperienced.  She may be a little cuter than her sister Jess but she is lacking in her handicapping skills and is constantly fumbling over words. She just needs a bit more practice and she should do fine.

I understand all of this. But....The adage still holds true. I didnt make it up. Its a clear indications of times past and present.

caddy

• Stakes Horse
  • vienerschnitzel
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2023, 12:54:21 PM »

Emily has done a solid job at Hoosier over time and occasionally as an expert analyst.  AND, she is xpert. 

Jenna began the Scioto meet trying to pretense as an insider.  After a few weeks, she lost that vibe .. used what she actually had seen and, little by little, improved.  AND, don't for a minute discount the tutalege of Barry Vicroy.  For me- no one is better than that guy

The Thorn

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2023, 12:58:24 PM »
Of course Sex Sells is true.  I was a seller on ebay and Amazon for years.  Mostly of Entertainment products like VHS and DVDs  What do you think our best sellers were? 

small name drop .. Pia Zadora once bought her movie Butterfly from us.  Talk about a super sexy woman. 

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2023, 01:15:46 PM »
Of course Sex Sells is true.  I was a seller on ebay and Amazon for years.  Mostly of Entertainment products like VHS and DVDs  What do you think our best sellers were? 

small name drop .. Pia Zadora once bought her movie Butterfly from us.  Talk about a super sexy woman.
Funny you mention her cause I mentioned in a different thread today that when Rejean was flying high he lived on an estate next to Pia Zadora and Meshulum Riklis

The Thorn

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2023, 01:28:52 PM »
That is weird.  You didn't mention Pia in your post and I never even heard of that guy although in looking him up now I see he married Judith Stern before Pia and was known as "Mr Pia Zadora".   I have no clue why I even decided to use her as an example, it just popped into my head when xyz was talking about sex sells.  We sold to a lot of celebrities looking to pick up their own old movies.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2023, 02:38:45 PM by The Thorn »

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2023, 01:30:41 PM »
That is weird.  I never even heard of that guy although in looking him up now I see he married Judith Stern before Pia and was known as "Mr Pia Zadora".   I have no clue why I even decided to use her as an example, it just popped into my head why xyz was talking about sex sells.  We sold to a lot of celebrities looking to pick up their own old movies.
There was a very good trotter named Riklis after him, but the horse had nothing to do with rejean. Pretty sure Riklis was Hambo material.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Frank the Zipper: it comes in handy
    May 16, 2024, 02:49:07 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: No do explain...
    May 16, 2024, 11:48:54 AM
  • Frank the Zipper: Have you tried Whackenal in the handy 16 ozcan?
    May 16, 2024, 08:36:36 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Still say Noxema is the best for tug time.
    May 15, 2024, 07:13:14 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: I like how it feels between my toes and ass cheeks. way better than desenex, or prep H
    May 15, 2024, 05:04:31 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Never tried it for that purpose. Will give it a try!
    May 15, 2024, 05:00:44 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: Vicks Vapor Rub is a great slipping cream
    May 14, 2024, 05:43:11 PM
  • The Thorn: Damn, You'all sound like a bunch of pussies.  Go smell some flowers and report back
    May 14, 2024, 12:41:19 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal