Author Topic: Swede starting  (Read 1984 times)

Kirby's Ace

• Stakes Horse
Swede starting
« on: April 26, 2023, 12:36:54 PM »
Watching races from Sweden and I just don't get the starting procedure and how its fair. Going around in circles in two different groups. Post means nothing.
In the words of SCM,,I GOTTA EAT!

Kirby's Ace

• Stakes Horse
Re: Swede starting
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2023, 12:45:07 PM »
I also notice you don't see the drivers carving  11.wp on them and laying straight back show boating.

Senator Blutarsky

• Elite
  • Part Human, Part Machine, Better Part Canine
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2023, 01:03:44 PM »
Balanced racing (start to end)?, aerodynamics (maybe not showboating?)It would be cool, as I've never been outside the US to a track, traveling and business sure, but once a year we, those who choose to join, plan a trip to place like Sweden for 5 days, and do racing, broads (or whatever you're into  tmbz1), the food....it doesn't have to be just virtual here, and a new country every year or two. 

Group rates, maybe someone will launch this here if they never have.  Swedish women!   ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzsCkqw0uVY 

It's Official!

jupiter

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2023, 01:09:13 PM »
You can only hit them 7 or 8 times, they're serious, they nailed Pierce years ago. They take this shit very serious and don't try to fuck with them, ya won't win. It's a great place to race, alot different than here.

Kirby's Ace

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2023, 01:10:30 PM »
I think they would need to go faster than 35 MPH for aerodynamics. But that's my opinion. And if that was a proven case why don't drivers outside the USA lay back? All laying back does is stretch out the field and maybe help keeping the lines tight. It just looks unsafe with hands back to the chest(control) and almost horizontal in the bike. But like I said that's my opinion.

Senator Blutarsky

• Elite
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2023, 01:15:38 PM »
I think they would need to go faster than 35 MPH for aerodynamics. But that's my opinion. And if that was a proven case why don't drivers outside the USA lay back? All laying back does is stretch out the field and maybe help keeping the lines tight. It just looks unsafe with hands back to the chest(control) and almost horizontal in the bike. But like I said that's my opinion.

Where have you been watching races?, most the best drivers here do - do it.  Take Sylvain Filion out of Mohawk, if he did it congruently as being a naturally excellent driver and built into his dna, he'd be the best in the world.  It takes agility and physical strength in the back that some drivers don't have for this.

This has been going on since Wally Case as far as I remember, it's aerodynamics, a bit less wind resistant.  You see them build sports cars that look like jeeps?  ;D
It's Official!

Mailbox Money

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2023, 04:20:15 PM »
Not sure about the  35mph for  aerodynamic effects. Soap box Derby cars are aerodynamic to the max to get to that speed.

Senator Blutarsky

• Elite
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2023, 04:47:59 PM »
Not sure about the  35mph for  aerodynamic effects. Soap box Derby cars are aerodynamic to the max to get to that speed.

Keep betting / putting those 5% winning driver on your horses sitting up at 90 degrees.  This is a sport where fractions of seconds mean the difference between wealth and poverty, legendary success and failure.

Here's some science for ya -  your brain is a wonderland of foolishness, keep believing, doing it you way - don't ever change MM!   ;D
It's Official!

Hambletonian46

• Open / FFA
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2023, 08:50:59 PM »
I'd pay money to watch one of the tracks here attempt those circle starts!

I think the point is that those races arer handicapped---the horses in the back basically start with a penalty. Similar to what they do in France.

Mailbox Money

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2023, 08:30:07 AM »
The starting process both there and down under makes the times far more respectful. Big difference than a car going 38mph at the launch!

Mailbox Money

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2023, 12:15:10 AM »
I'd pay money to watch one of the tracks here attempt those circle starts!

I think the point is that those races arer handicapped---the horses in the back basically start with a penalty. Similar to what they do in France.
I'm not even close to be a physicist but I think that the weight transfer has a lot to do with it too!

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Frank the Zipper: Vicks Vapor Rub is a great slipping cream
    May 14, 2024, 05:43:11 PM
  • The Thorn: Damn, You'all sound like a bunch of pussies.  Go smell some flowers and report back
    May 14, 2024, 12:41:19 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: I like the cool soothing feel.
    May 13, 2024, 07:32:06 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: Noxema gives me a soothing rush
    May 12, 2024, 01:08:57 PM
  • SwankToliverA: Wouldn't know, never had a need for it
    May 12, 2024, 12:12:11 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Yes it still offers that same cool sensation.
    May 12, 2024, 09:49:40 AM
  • SwankToliverA: Rooster- ppl still use Noxzema?
    May 11, 2024, 03:34:17 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Nothing a cold hand an Noxema can't cure.
    May 09, 2024, 09:11:36 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal