Author Topic: Chris Oakes Trainee  (Read 9131 times)

richlady

• NW-1
Chris Oakes Trainee
« on: May 05, 2020, 11:17:54 AM »
Did anyone wonder how the doper Chris Oakes' trainee Homicide Hunter won in a world record of 148.4 at the Red Mile in October 2018?  Makes you also wonder how the entrees in that race had no chance against him.

Dingus

Re: Chris Oakes Trainee
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2020, 11:48:18 AM »
Just imagine how frustrating it must be if you're a honest non drug using trainer and you wait your whole life to come up up with that one special horse and then you finally do and you get your doors blown open weekly by an inferior horse with superior drugs.

What's the statute of limitations to file suit for purse money recovery and redistribution against these guys if found guilty?

Here they come

• Top Claimer
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2020, 12:31:35 PM »
Question is, will his son hunter be allowed to train all his horses now?

The Exporter

• Elite
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2020, 12:53:37 PM »
Chris will not be licensed to own a horse. He would need to pupurtate a fraud, if he were to set up any involvement of personal interest. He obviously has no problem with doing so now but, if he gets a prison term forbidding him any involvement, he is playing with his life. 

spaman

• NW-1
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2020, 01:16:23 PM »
Hunter is going back to High School. Chris and Navarro are pleading out and asked for adjoining jail cells with TVG. I pity the dumb bastards who bought their horses.

Brown jug

• Elite
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2020, 01:48:05 PM »
clearly based on the indictments the tbreds had issues as well
were  they as  bad and as widespread as harness, hard to say
but clearly over the years harness times have dropped drastically while tbreds have not
and harness is fixated on how fast the mile went  where tbreds much less so
to the previous point it has really skewed how you look at harness champions of the past, some might be legitimate awesome horses and deserved what they got while others might have had lots of "help", not that different from baseballs dilemma with steroids and the hall of fame

cr dawg

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2020, 09:40:10 AM »
I haven't heard about any death camps in baseball????

Parked

• Elite
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2020, 10:22:30 AM »
clearly based on the indictments the tbreds had issues as well
were  they as  bad and as widespread as harness, hard to say
but clearly over the years harness times have dropped drastically while tbreds have not
and harness is fixated on how fast the mile went  where tbreds much less so
to the previous point it has really skewed how you look at harness champions of the past, some might be legitimate awesome horses and deserved what they got while others might have had lots of "help", not that different from baseballs dilemma with steroids and the hall of fame

As I’ve posted before. The best information they could put in a sale catalog would be the trainers name when mares record was taken.  The USTA should erase All the world records of the past 10 years and start over. 

Brown jug

• Elite
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2020, 10:49:25 AM »
death camps???
I was just comparing the situation of how to view different eras in a sport over time especially when everything has changed from equipment  to nutrition to training and yes drugs
of course the abuse of the animals is hideous

ferdinand the bull

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2020, 02:58:29 PM »
If you take a deep breath and realistically digest the ramifications of PED usage, it can be mind boggling how deeply it skewed the horse business, namely resulting in counterfeit champions, counterfeit trainers and counterfeit drivers.
Artificial confidence , how dumb would some of the 5% rs look pulling those things first up if they weren't equipped with her fuel

Harness Stats

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2020, 11:16:10 PM »
Did anyone wonder how the doper Chris Oakes' trainee Homicide Hunter won in a world record of 148.4 at the Red Mile in October 2018?  Makes you also wonder how the entrees in that race had no chance against him.

I'm no fan of Oakes and crew but let me point out that the reason that race went so fast is because Lindy the Great and Will Take Charge went a 53.2 first half.  Homicide Hunter was sitting 5th at that point.  If the first half was more reasonable the final time would have been nowhere near what it was.  The other horses had chances they only finished a couple lengths behind and It wasn't a blow out he went by near the finish.

If he had bolted out of the gate and set that pace I would agree with the statement a thousand percent

jupiter

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2020, 09:47:16 AM »
He still had to trot that fast, you canīt believe that just because he got wicked fractions he was just pulled along. He trotted strong right through the wire.

Manny

• Top Claimer
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2020, 02:54:29 PM »
The EPO, Aranesp whatever they were using kicks in as race goes on.  If Oakes says this horse went into that race with no PHD's, then he is a complete liar. 

Manny

• Top Claimer
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2020, 02:56:36 PM »
And when I google Oakes name for some reason a name from past was on one of the links I could click.  Brian Walkington.  What a rip off artist he was and probably still is.  Anyone know his whereabouts.  I get creeps thinking about this con artist.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Frank the Zipper: it comes in handy
    May 16, 2024, 02:49:07 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: No do explain...
    May 16, 2024, 11:48:54 AM
  • Frank the Zipper: Have you tried Whackenal in the handy 16 ozcan?
    May 16, 2024, 08:36:36 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Still say Noxema is the best for tug time.
    May 15, 2024, 07:13:14 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: I like how it feels between my toes and ass cheeks. way better than desenex, or prep H
    May 15, 2024, 05:04:31 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Never tried it for that purpose. Will give it a try!
    May 15, 2024, 05:00:44 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: Vicks Vapor Rub is a great slipping cream
    May 14, 2024, 05:43:11 PM
  • The Thorn: Damn, You'all sound like a bunch of pussies.  Go smell some flowers and report back
    May 14, 2024, 12:41:19 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal