Author Topic: Is this feasible??  (Read 2119 times)

Fuguzzi

• Elite
Is this feasible??
« on: September 06, 2023, 09:17:41 PM »
Asking my friends and other assorted experts, No, I am not being sarcastic and i do not have an answer. ( believe it or not ) I want opinions please.

Is it possible/feasible to go with a detention barn every single race, every day, every track in North America to make all racing as "clean " as possible?

Your thoughts.....

Equus Caballus

• Elite
Re: Is this feasible??
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2023, 09:23:40 PM »
Asking my friends and other assorted experts, No, I am not being sarcastic and i do not have an answer. ( believe it or not ) I want opinions please.

Is it possible/feasible to go with a detention barn every single race, every day, every track in North America to make all racing as "clean " as possible?

Your thoughts.....

No

People are short of help as it is

The 4 hour Lasix rule is already as dumb as could be
It has no effect by the time they put their noses on the gate
A waste of everyone’s time so the vets can stick a 20 in their pocket

Generation XYZ

• Elite
  • HARNESS RACING IS DEAD, CALL THE CORONER!
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2023, 09:23:53 PM »

Your thoughts.....

Not sure that it would exactly play out. Lasix horses already are some what detained. to the extent that some late races the horse has already lost the benefit of the Lasix. As for detaining all races it would take more than one track vet, and the turn around time for results would be unrealistic.
Pay to Play, Play to Win!

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2023, 09:35:52 PM »
Hmm some interesting perspectives already   ty

Jazzman

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2023, 09:41:09 PM »
great idea have tracks open barn areas to help curb the  drug abuse

Generation XYZ

• Elite
  • HARNESS RACING IS DEAD, CALL THE CORONER!
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2023, 09:49:23 PM »
Hmm some interesting perspectives already   ty

tmbz1 tmbz1 tmbz1
Pay to Play, Play to Win!

JIDGE

• Open / FFA
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2023, 09:51:29 PM »

Your thoughts.....

It might work if 90% of the horses were stabled at the track, but since that doesn't exist anymore -- like already mention it would tie up help for idle hours. But your heart's in the right place.

SDST2009

• Open / FFA
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2023, 10:06:45 PM »
I am not so sure it would help. Everyone who is cheating seems to be steps ahead of testing and I am assuming that would include withdrawal time from detention.

freshlasix

• Top Claimer
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2023, 10:16:27 PM »

How about on the day of the race maybe 1/2 the card is subject to the detention barn.
    This way you wont know if you are in detention. It would give you second thought's on what kind of
    pre-race to give.

Kirby's Ace

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2023, 10:18:19 PM »
No

People are short of help as it is

The 4 hour Lasix rule is already as dumb as could be
It has no effect by the time they put their noses on the gate
A waste of everyone’s time so the vets can stick a 20 in their pocket

tmbz1
In the words of SCM,,I GOTTA EAT!

Kirby's Ace

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2023, 10:21:56 PM »

How about on the day of the race maybe 1/2 the card is subject to the detention barn.
    This way you wont know if you are in detention. It would give you second thought's on what kind of
    pre-race to give.

So, you ship in up to 8 hours early and learn you're NOT in the detention barn?

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2023, 10:30:25 PM »

pre-race to give.
yes   half the horses at random   i like this one alot

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2023, 10:31:43 PM »
So, you ship in up to 8 hours early and learn you're NOT in the detention barn?
This is true too   Lotsa great responses and I am realizing it may be good intentioned but impractical

Kirby's Ace

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2023, 10:41:54 PM »
Only way to control the drugs is monitoring the vets! The vets are one major part of the problem. How are the trainers getting this stuff? Through the vets! Weed out the crooked vets and fine the owners as well on a positive and then you'll see a difference! The owner employes the trainer so why shouldn't the owner be held responsible as well. You show me a drug using trainer and I'll show you the same dirty owners!

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2023, 10:49:10 PM »
Only way to control the drugs is monitoring the vets! The vets are one major part of the problem. How are the trainers getting this stuff? Through the vets! Weed out the crooked vets and fine the owners as well on a positive and then you'll see a difference! The owner employes the trainer so why shouldn't the owner be held responsible as well. You show me a drug using trainer and I'll show you the same dirty owners!
Dont even get me started...It has always pissed me off that owners and drivers get off scott free while trainers bear the brunt only.  I once stood 2 feet from George Brennan and heard him tell an owner about Lou Pena, "If they ever find out what he's using, I'm all done"

What about Napolitano driving all those Oakes gassed up rockets right off the screen at Pocono. As if he doesn't know......

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Frank the Zipper: it comes in handy
    May 16, 2024, 02:49:07 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: No do explain...
    May 16, 2024, 11:48:54 AM
  • Frank the Zipper: Have you tried Whackenal in the handy 16 ozcan?
    May 16, 2024, 08:36:36 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Still say Noxema is the best for tug time.
    May 15, 2024, 07:13:14 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: I like how it feels between my toes and ass cheeks. way better than desenex, or prep H
    May 15, 2024, 05:04:31 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Never tried it for that purpose. Will give it a try!
    May 15, 2024, 05:00:44 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: Vicks Vapor Rub is a great slipping cream
    May 14, 2024, 05:43:11 PM
  • The Thorn: Damn, You'all sound like a bunch of pussies.  Go smell some flowers and report back
    May 14, 2024, 12:41:19 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal