Author Topic: Meadowlands Pace Supplement  (Read 6182 times)

vcjt1961

• NW-1
Re: Meadowlands Pace Supplement
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2023, 07:25:00 PM »
I will make this statement right now. Its my show will not win against that crop of 3 year olds on a mile track anyway!!!!!!!!!! thats why he is not supplemented i  guarantee that was the thought process going in the MLPace. the people that own and train that horse know what they are doing.

White Rabbit

• Open / FFA
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2023, 09:13:38 PM »
VC,
Am trying to understand your point here. IMS race against them at Mohawk which is a 7/8, there is minimal difference between a mile or the 7/8.

Larry Bird Boy

• Elite
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2023, 12:07:56 AM »
It is those events that bring in the people. If you do not offer a product people want, they will spend their money on something else. Racing is an entertainment product and the customer have made it clear they prefer other entertainment options. That is why racing has lost so many customers. Without the best horses a race like the Pace is not as much of a show as it could be. Harness racing must get out of the past.
Nobody cares anymore. The young people today don’t even know what harness racing is. People don’t wanna bet on juiced up horses and trainers and drivers like carnival workers. It’s a joke today
Johnny Johnson fucked up Chicago harness racing. I hope you die !!!!

Parked

• Elite
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2023, 07:06:54 AM »
How many people are saying “I’m not betting this race or I’m not going to the track because this horse is not in the field”???  Darn few if any. 

White Rabbit

• Open / FFA
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2023, 07:33:33 AM »
Parked,
You can’t say how many will or won’t go or bet the race because IMS isn’t in the elimination, same as I can’t say how many more will go and bet the race if he is. One of those ill measurable variables. But it’s a variable that can be controlled. If I owned, as a  example Confederate, I would want him in the race and have my chance to beat him to increase my horses stud value. The purse really is secondary when your taking about stud syndications
The business of racing horses from all perspectives has changed over the last 15-20 years. So adapt or die. The business needs to put out the best racing product it can.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2023, 07:35:25 AM by White Rabbit »

White Rabbit

• Open / FFA
« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2023, 02:41:23 PM »
Also E,
I know Show is a gelding, am looking at from the owners point of view like Confederate of potential stud value for beating Show, the defending NA winner.
Shows ownership stated if he was a stud the would pay the supplement.

jupiter

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2023, 02:46:18 PM »
If you want the top colts, just have an invitation only 3yr old pace. Let the tracks put up the purse. Ya gotta pay to get the best

Stan durbread

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2023, 02:58:44 PM »
This ain’t Confererates last chance to beat him. IMO money isn’t the issue. They made plenty to cover the supplement even he he never made another $. They obviously don’t want to try to run the gauntlet with this horse

Parked

• Elite
« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2023, 03:37:46 PM »
Maybe, just maybe Confederate isn’t the horse he is pumped up to be ??  Maybe he had a headache .  No big deal.  Did getting beat in the Mlands Pace hurt Somebeachsomewher e in the stud barn or filling his book ??  AND ….. what was the horses name who beat him.   ???  1 out of 20 (probably more). Will have to look it up.   Ron Pierce just out drove the big horse.   Ron was the best, even if he did wave at Trond as he passed him in Lexington.   

Stan durbread

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2023, 04:29:04 PM »
Pierce wave was one of favorite races.

Parked

• Elite
« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2023, 04:57:58 PM »
If I remember right he got fined for the wave.  Now we have a driver who jumps around like he is sitting on an electric wire and nothing is said..

old guy

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2023, 07:01:01 PM »
 ngc3 ngc3
If I remember right he got fined for the wave.  Now we have a driver who jumps around like he is sitting on an electric wire and nothing is said..

White Rabbit

• Open / FFA
« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2023, 07:59:53 PM »
No SBSW getting beat in the MP by AO didn’t hurt his stud value. He was 3 high at the in the fast half ever. It took a torturous trip to hand him I believe was his only loss. Comparing any  horse but Niatross to SBSW is absurd.
The big fellas stud career was cemented after his first crop.

Parked

• Elite
« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2023, 08:41:37 PM »
You could have a couple seconds on a field and make one little mistake and Pierce had you. 

rainman2

• Elite
« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2023, 10:06:41 PM »
The one thing about Mohawk is it is not symmetrical. The first turn is still the original 5/8 mile turn and the last turn is even wider than a mile track. I have seen that first turn take its toll on good horses with divers who are to aggressive at the start.

https://goo.gl/maps/RERQu86DwcT4e2rz8

Ask Voukefalas!  The break in the first turn cost him the elimination victory and a better draw in the final.  How much purse money did this cost the owners?

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Frank the Zipper: Vicks Vapor Rub is a great slipping cream
    May 14, 2024, 05:43:11 PM
  • The Thorn: Damn, You'all sound like a bunch of pussies.  Go smell some flowers and report back
    May 14, 2024, 12:41:19 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: I like the cool soothing feel.
    May 13, 2024, 07:32:06 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: Noxema gives me a soothing rush
    May 12, 2024, 01:08:57 PM
  • SwankToliverA: Wouldn't know, never had a need for it
    May 12, 2024, 12:12:11 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Yes it still offers that same cool sensation.
    May 12, 2024, 09:49:40 AM
  • SwankToliverA: Rooster- ppl still use Noxzema?
    May 11, 2024, 03:34:17 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Nothing a cold hand an Noxema can't cure.
    May 09, 2024, 09:11:36 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal