Author Topic: Dominance  (Read 2460 times)

Refusedtopace

• Stakes Horse
Dominance
« on: August 23, 2018, 12:01:44 PM »
Bruce Trodgen (Fear The Dragon, Colors A Virgin) and others and Brian Brown had 6 of the 10 2YO fillies in the ISS final last night. Took down top 4 spots. I don’t know if there is a solution but this can’t be good for the game IMHO. Anyway, great job.

eagles1

• Top Claimer
Re: Dominance
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2018, 01:43:41 PM »
He missed all 5 spots by a neck. I wonder if that ever happened. It's a viscious cycle. They make all the money and buy all the best babies. I would say 75% of all the big stake races are won by 5 or 6 trainers. They buy all the best ones in every state that has a stakes program. I think Brian Brown is a great hard working guy and am glad to see him doing so well.

horses first

• Elite
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2018, 01:43:57 PM »
Yes they gained major points for the Super Final which are only gathered in those finals. 1-4 and a 6th and favorite was last. Look at the KYSS first leg and it was high priced yearlings with top trainers entering the box doing well. So when you hear the top guys at the yearling sales talk about the "middle". Save your breath this industry is dominated by the top. The top now get together and partner with 3 or 4 other buyers and a trainer and spread more buying more yearlings. Sure the bottom can find value and of course these value horses do well but over time it's still the top that and now breeders keeping and sending to top trainers. Brittany has for a long time, Diamond Creek seems to race more, Crawford farms and now Emerald farm. The middle or smaller guy needs to get luckier then ever before.

sledge hammer

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2018, 02:27:56 PM »
He missed all 5 spots by a neck. I wonder if that ever happened. It's a viscious cycle. They make all the money and buy all the best babies. I would say 75% of all the big stake races are won by 5 or 6 trainers. They buy all the best ones in every state that has a stakes program. I think Brian Brown is a great hard working guy and am glad to see him doing so well.

I know I'm not talking about babies but in the early 90's Bill Robinson had a 6 horse entry in the Levy final and he took all five top spots. I remember the exacta paid out with the 6th place finisher.

The Exporter

• Elite
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2018, 02:35:33 PM »
The American harness racing market just continues to shrink. Although, I saw the numbers have leveled off recently. The continuation of working with other nations in breeding and importing as well as exporting of the higher end stock, will keep the top breeders and owners at the table. It is the overnight game that is the greatest threat to racing. It is almost completely dependent on unearned income. A revenue enabled by legislation that has sunset dates.

augustaandy

• Elite
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2018, 06:58:50 PM »
Brian a hell of a trainer

horses first

• Elite
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2018, 11:16:36 AM »
One would have to say a hell of a pacing trainer. Not a trotter in site from spring to the top over the years. Maybe not his cup of tea or has the patience or help to put into trotters. Those are the ones that are hell of a trainer!

hoosierboy

• Elite
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2018, 08:44:26 AM »
Right now Brian has numbers and a good program and is killing the Sire Stakes in OH and IN.  It all goes in cycles Burke was doing the same a few years ago. 

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Frank the Zipper: Have you tried Whackenal in the handy 16 ozcan?
    Today at 08:36:36 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Still say Noxema is the best for tug time.
    May 15, 2024, 07:13:14 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: I like how it feels between my toes and ass cheeks. way better than desenex, or prep H
    May 15, 2024, 05:04:31 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Never tried it for that purpose. Will give it a try!
    May 15, 2024, 05:00:44 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: Vicks Vapor Rub is a great slipping cream
    May 14, 2024, 05:43:11 PM
  • The Thorn: Damn, You'all sound like a bunch of pussies.  Go smell some flowers and report back
    May 14, 2024, 12:41:19 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: I like the cool soothing feel.
    May 13, 2024, 07:32:06 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: Noxema gives me a soothing rush
    May 12, 2024, 01:08:57 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal