Author Topic: Who will replace Dave ?  (Read 15074 times)

seen2much

• Stakes Horse
Re: Who will replace Dave ?
« Reply #60 on: October 23, 2022, 12:04:37 PM »
This unfair to Jessica. She seems like a nice woman. On tv she's always looking down. Her interviews sound robotic.
Note to the Meadowlands...The re is no younger audience!!!

stanetelman

• Stakes Horse
Edison Hatter new Big M morning line maker
« Reply #61 on: October 28, 2022, 08:12:25 PM »
Edison Hatter, 23, a harness racing jack-of-all-trades who has been working at The Big M as the handicapper on TVG telecasts as well as doing occasional winner's circle and back paddock interviews, will now add the morning-line and program comments to his already full to-do list.

"Edison Hatter is one of the brightest young minds in all of harness racing," said Big M Chief Operating Officer and General Manager Jason Settlemoir. "His tremendous passion for the game, his willingness to work part time for no additional salary - not to mention all of the things he has accomplished already at a remarkably young age - I believe make him the perfect choice to take on such a big responsibility."

In addition to his four-pronged Meadowlands gig, Hatter intends to continue to serve as the track announcer at Freehold Raceway and will keep his position as an aerospace engineer for the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) as well.

"Sadly the racing jobs are only per diem with no benefits so I have to keep the NASA job," said Hatter.  "Hopefully one day I"ll be able to make racing my full time passion."

LUCPARK

• Living Legend
  • HES A GOOD GUY ,FAMILY MAN AND A CHRISTIAN
Re: Edison Hatter new Big M morning line maker
« Reply #62 on: October 28, 2022, 08:29:40 PM »
Looks a politically correct choice

Not the best candidate

Gabe pruitt  better choice more knowledge of the game
Jmho

Good luck  to this inexperienced choice

With the price of salary so low

Many didn’t not apply

‘C’CHOICE
FOR AN ‘A’ racetrack 

Pic leaves a lot to be desired
REAL AMERICANS DONT TAKE A KNEE

Superfecta

• Elite
« Reply #63 on: October 28, 2022, 08:44:22 PM »
You get what you pay for.  ngc3 ngc3 ngc3

McGIBBS

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #64 on: October 28, 2022, 08:48:51 PM »

PIGLAND

• Living Legend
« Reply #65 on: October 28, 2022, 11:09:30 PM »

harnessplop

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #66 on: October 29, 2022, 07:10:19 AM »
Frank,Dwyer

The Exporter

• Elite
« Reply #67 on: October 29, 2022, 09:06:55 AM »
Edison Hatter, 23, a harness racing jack-of-all-trades who has been working at The Big M as the handicapper on TVG telecasts as well as doing occasional winner's circle and back paddock interviews, will now add the morning-line and program comments to his already full to-do list.

"Edison Hatter is one of the brightest young minds in all of harness racing," said Big M Chief Operating Officer and General Manager Jason Settlemoir. "His tremendous passion for the game, his willingness to work part time for no additional salary - not to mention all of the things he has accomplished already at a remarkably young age - I believe make him the perfect choice to take on such a big responsibility."

In addition to his four-pronged Meadowlands gig, Hatter intends to continue to serve as the track announcer at Freehold Raceway and will keep his position as an aerospace engineer for the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) as well.

"Sadly the racing jobs are only per diem with no benefits so I have to keep the NASA job," said Hatter.  "Hopefully one day I"ll be able to make racing my full time passion."

This the second time Settlemoir mentioned willingness to work for free as a valued component in his decision who to hire.
 I completely  understand keeping the expense low when delivering a product. But, here is one position that needs the best you can find to the position of being the front man for your TV and simulcast broadcasts. Giving this position to a young person does not make your product automatically attractive to a new audience of young people.
 So when Settilemoir is saving those big bucks in stiffing this kid, he is doing a disservice to the M1 product and it's current client base.

Exit 16W

• Stakes Horse
  • LEADER OF THE MECCALANDS
« Reply #68 on: October 29, 2022, 09:45:15 AM »
This the second time Settlemoir mentioned willingness to work for free as a valued component in his decision who to hire.
 I completely  understand keeping the expense low when delivering a product. But, here is one position that needs the best you can find to the position of being the front man for your TV and simulcast broadcasts. Giving this position to a young person does not make your product automatically attractive to a new audience of young people.
 So when Settilemoir is saving those big bucks in stiffing this kid, he is doing a disservice to the M1 product and it's current client base.
Yea should have given the job to a jew

Superfecta

• Elite
« Reply #69 on: October 29, 2022, 10:42:44 AM »
Giving this position to a young person does not make your product automatically attractive to a new audience of young people.

How will any young people even know that a young lady is on air ?
Young people don't like harness racing so if the on air talent isn't doing a pole dance or taking off her top then nobody new will be tuning in.
For over 40 years I have heard that every race is fixed and it's a crooked sport. That stereotypical view will never change and with the indictments hitting the news that view will only get stronger. There isn't any new fan base. The popular professional sports are also losing fans and having a difficult time attracting new ones.

Laag

• Top Claimer
« Reply #70 on: October 29, 2022, 09:03:27 PM »
why is Gural so cheap, is it that hard to pay a few employees,geez I was on his side the past decade but he is raking in all this money on the sports betting but cannot even pay benefits, what the fuck is wrong with him, its embarrassing for the sport if the Meadowlands is supposed to be considered the mecca

Bernie Madoff

• Elite
  • In the beginning, man created"god".
« Reply #71 on: October 29, 2022, 09:43:21 PM »
Yea should have given the job to a jew

They won't work for nothing.
He who laughs last, laughs best.

Halliday

• NW-1
« Reply #72 on: October 31, 2022, 04:43:17 PM »
You have to wonder if Dave had insurance coverage he could have his health issues addressed. One would think Gural might learn his lesson, but instead hires the cheapest, not the best.

LUCPARK

• Living Legend
  • HES A GOOD GUY ,FAMILY MAN AND A CHRISTIAN
« Reply #73 on: October 31, 2022, 05:28:35 PM »
REAL AMERICANS DONT TAKE A KNEE

Superfecta

• Elite
« Reply #74 on: October 31, 2022, 10:02:32 PM »
You have to wonder if Dave had insurance coverage he could have his health issues addressed. One would think Gural might learn his lesson, but instead hires the cheapest, not the best.

What lesson ?
Jason Settlemoir made it very clear multiple times that they will only hire people that will work for free or as close to free as possible. You should kiss ass because they allow you to work there. Eddie Munster got his job there years ago getting coffee for everybody.  ngc3 ngc3

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • In It Deep: 11.tfk
    May 28, 2024, 07:54:33 PM
  • In It Deep: The Butt Nut
    May 28, 2024, 07:49:02 PM
  • Bernie Madoff: ngc3 ngc3 ngc3
    May 24, 2024, 08:05:54 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: At least we agree it's a shithole
    May 24, 2024, 07:04:43 PM
  • Kirby's Ace: I think this shithole owns you!
    May 24, 2024, 09:30:25 AM
  • Michael Petrelli: Face it, I OWN THIS SHITHOLE of a forum.
    May 23, 2024, 09:35:08 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Itchy Kitties...
    May 22, 2024, 05:09:31 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Spew a little Spludge and the Pu$$y Cats are drawn to it lie a girl with baby rabies
    May 22, 2024, 01:37:15 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal