Author Topic: Burke suspension NOW?  (Read 9454 times)

The Exporter

• Elite
Re: Burke suspension NOW?
« Reply #75 on: February 03, 2024, 07:28:35 AM »
Under the HISA rules, Burke would be in real trouble. They have a non negotiable progressive penal system. His next positive would result in tral time. I not going to look it up but, it is feeling like a year. This is what has Williams and Faraldo shitting their pants.
 These 30 and 60 day spankings do nothing. Brother Mikey gets the top job as interim chief. What does change is the Vet. needs to sing his Huey Lewis song to his supplier; I want a new Drug.

Grandstand Handicapper

• Open / FFA
« Reply #76 on: February 03, 2024, 09:50:29 AM »
From the San Diego Union-Tribune (November 21, 2013)

Seven of Baffert’s horses died of sudden death between Nov. 4, 2011 and March 14, 2013. Five died in training, two in racing. Five died of cardio-pulmonary failure. Arthur said the amount of deaths “is undeniably exceptional,” but the “cases were not atypical sudden deaths associated with racing and training.” He called the cluster of horse deaths in Baffert’s barn, “extremely abnormal,” and later said, “There is something wrong here.”
All seven of Baffert’s horses that died were taking a legal thyroid hormone that was prescribed by a veterinarian at Baffert’s request. Baffert told investigators he’d been using the hormone, Thyro-L, in his horses for over five years. But Arthur said Baffert quit using the medication after the seventh horse perished.

Absolutely tragic, and while there should be consequences to this -- it wasn't seven horses in 6 to 8 weeks. That said, seven horses in 16 months or so doesn't make it better. I don't buy the 5 years and then all of a sudden story, but even one horse, if preventable, is too much. Thanks for posting this.

Grandstand Handicapper

• Open / FFA
« Reply #77 on: February 03, 2024, 09:52:00 AM »
You obviously don’t follow any news. This was all mainstream media wanted to talk about when it was happening in 2019

I guess it wasn't so mainstream as it wasn't 60 to 8 weeks. 16 months doesn't make it better, but let's not turn into PETA and embellish horrible truths with worse ones.

jupiter

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #78 on: February 03, 2024, 05:47:44 PM »
Ronnie will serve his time, Jeff will welcome him back. It's just business as usual. No one can stop this shit, cause nobody really wants to.

kooter for hipin

• Open / FFA
« Reply #79 on: February 03, 2024, 09:33:45 PM »
Ronnie will serve his time, Jeff will welcome him back. It's just business as usual. No one can stop this shit, cause nobody really wants to.

Why go there?   

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: No do explain...
    Today at 11:48:54 AM
  • Frank the Zipper: Have you tried Whackenal in the handy 16 ozcan?
    Today at 08:36:36 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Still say Noxema is the best for tug time.
    May 15, 2024, 07:13:14 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: I like how it feels between my toes and ass cheeks. way better than desenex, or prep H
    May 15, 2024, 05:04:31 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Never tried it for that purpose. Will give it a try!
    May 15, 2024, 05:00:44 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: Vicks Vapor Rub is a great slipping cream
    May 14, 2024, 05:43:11 PM
  • The Thorn: Damn, You'all sound like a bunch of pussies.  Go smell some flowers and report back
    May 14, 2024, 12:41:19 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: I like the cool soothing feel.
    May 13, 2024, 07:32:06 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal