Author Topic: Warm up should be 20$  (Read 3998 times)

talkstohisself

• Top Claimer
Re: Warm up should be 20$
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2023, 08:07:43 PM »
15 plus snap benefits nice score

Mailbox Money

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2023, 08:23:47 PM »
Cause they can’t get a real job so will take any hand out that comes along
The warmup gang is a product that relieves the paper trainers from have to sit behind the horse on race night! What happened to the time when the trainer could compensate for a new problem, by making changes to the rigging?  If I see a horse warm up funky in the hands of a rent-a-rider,there is little chance that the proper adjustments will be made prior to the race.( Someone who works for the stable on a daily basis gets a pass). The rented riders are nothing more than another option for the trainer to make excuses when the horse under performs.How many times have you heard"New to me, the damn warmup guy never said a word" as an excuse?

Zink

• NW-1
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2023, 03:29:01 PM »
We tell the trainers what needs to be done or wrong with the horse or it could be just a stupid trainer and there is a lot of them around

rainman2

• Elite
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2023, 04:18:56 PM »
15 plus snap benefits nice score

Is there a few xtra dollars if the horse finishes 1st or 2nd like the person who paddocks the horse??

Generation XYZ

• Elite
  • HARNESS RACING IS DEAD, CALL THE CORONER!
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2023, 12:11:37 PM »
Zero...extra dollars
Pay to Play, Play to Win!

ferdinand the bull

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2023, 10:46:06 PM »
The warmup gang is a product that relieves the paper trainers from have to sit behind the horse on race night! What happened to the time when the trainer could compensate for a new problem, by making changes to the rigging?  If I see a horse warm up funky in the hands of a rent-a-rider,there is little chance that the proper adjustments will be made prior to the race.( Someone who works for the stable on a daily basis gets a pass). The rented riders are nothing more than another option for the trainer to make excuses when the horse under performs.How many times have you heard"New to me, the damn warmup guy never said a word" as an excuse?
The paper trainers are afraid to warm up or turn their horses don't jog them during the week either just glorified barn bitches

Dingus

• Open / FFA
« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2023, 11:25:13 PM »
Is there a few xtra dollars if the horse finishes 1st or 2nd like the person who paddocks the horse??

My trainer has a sliding scale of bonuses for the groom based on finishing position.

rainman2

• Elite
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2023, 12:14:13 AM »
My trainer has a sliding scale of bonuses for the groom based on finishing position.

I send a $ 20 bill and ask that he/she give it to the driver on their next meeting.  The only reason I do this is that the driver should remember when the horse wins, there will be a few extra bucks in it and the driver might drive your horse if they think they have a chance to win. 
If I am watching my horse race and they win, I give them the 20 myself.  A great way to meet your driver after a win and they are very surprised.  I went to watch my horse in late June at the Meadowlands and the horse won in a 3-way battle to the wire.  I was still in the paddock and tipped Todd McCarthy personally.  He was surprised by this, but took a couple of minutes of his time chatted with me between races.

In theory, the trainer should bill the owners for this additional expenditure/

caddy

• Stakes Horse
  • vienerschnitzel
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2023, 11:57:34 AM »
Because I can

Enough already!  Many of us know the real Zink- and, no way - no how are these fabricated remarks being posted by the real ZINK.  I saw yesterday that the dictionary word of the day for 2023 is AUTHENTIC.  That is the absolute word to describe Zink.

Stop the madness

Generation XYZ

• Elite
  • HARNESS RACING IS DEAD, CALL THE CORONER!
« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2023, 12:47:14 PM »

I know a few trainers, whose sliding scales re which groom gets boned on the way home from the track.  Talk about performance bonus. ngc3 ngc3 ngc3
Pay to Play, Play to Win!

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Frank the Zipper: Vicks Vapor Rub is a great slipping cream
    May 14, 2024, 05:43:11 PM
  • The Thorn: Damn, You'all sound like a bunch of pussies.  Go smell some flowers and report back
    May 14, 2024, 12:41:19 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: I like the cool soothing feel.
    May 13, 2024, 07:32:06 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: Noxema gives me a soothing rush
    May 12, 2024, 01:08:57 PM
  • SwankToliverA: Wouldn't know, never had a need for it
    May 12, 2024, 12:12:11 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Yes it still offers that same cool sensation.
    May 12, 2024, 09:49:40 AM
  • SwankToliverA: Rooster- ppl still use Noxzema?
    May 11, 2024, 03:34:17 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Nothing a cold hand an Noxema can't cure.
    May 09, 2024, 09:11:36 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal