Author Topic: Meadowlands to race 5 nights a week!  (Read 2923 times)

stanetelman

• Stakes Horse
Meadowlands to race 5 nights a week!
« on: February 24, 2024, 11:08:36 AM »
"All the talk about whether sports bettors and Thoroughbred bettors could be converted to Standardbred players at The Big M has been answered,” said track Chief Operating Officer and General Manager Jason Settlemoir. “With football season now over, all you need to look at is the handle on Saturday nights since the NFL concluded playing on Saturdays on Jan. 20. The four Saturdays without pro football have seen wagering total over $14 million on our races. Jeff and I have discussed this time and again and there is absolutely no reason why we can't do this kind of business every night.”

Bitter Truth

• Stakes Horse
Re: Meadowlands to race 5 nights a week!
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2024, 11:17:32 AM »
Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't race dates or at least the number of them etched in stone? Hell they need all those Amateur races to fill two cards now and more tracks will be racing.

Stan durbread

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2024, 02:19:49 PM »
Amateur racing does a great handle. Bring them in on week nights let to pro play on weekends. Would be a win-win

rainman2

• Elite
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2024, 03:15:56 PM »
Close Freehold and use those horses??

SAW

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2024, 04:36:58 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't race dates or at least the number of them etched in stone? Hell they need all those Amateur races to fill two cards now and more tracks will be racing.

You are correct, but everyone should by now that stanetelman embellishes/lies in every post of "quotes" that he makes............ ..

Examples the parts in bold are added made up/lies.......
"All the talk about whether sports bettors and Thoroughbred bettors could be converted to Standardbred players at The Big M has been answered,” said track Chief Operating Officer and General Manager Jason Settlemoir. “With football season now over, all you need to look at is the handle on Saturday nights since the NFL concluded playing on Saturdays on Jan. 20. The four Saturdays without pro football have seen wagering total over $14 million on our races. Jeff and I have discussed this time and again and there is absolutely no reason why we can't do this kind of business every night.”

"The Big M has been lighting it up in a big way lately,” said track Chief Operating Officer and General Manager Jason Settlemoir. “The last three Saturday nights of racing have seen the cumulative handle exceed $10 million. The popularity of the Big M signal has certainly exceeded expectations in recent weeks, especially since we have extended our post time drag to over 30 minutes in some cases.  Longer gaps between races means more dollars in our handle. It's just a fact." said Settlemoir.

“Our fans are the greatest,” said Jason Settlemoir, the track’s chief operating officer and general manager. “The average handle of over $3-million was [b]achieved by racing 2 nights a week for 45 weeks, carding 14 races a night and having 25 to 30 minutes between races.[/i][/u][/b]  Our sincere thanks go out to Gov. [Phil] Murphy [b]for his support of our purse subsidy from the New Jersey taxpayers."[/i][/u][/i][/b]
correct quote below.
“Our fans are the greatest,” said Settlemoir, the track’s chief operating officer and general manager. “The average handle of over $3-million was the highest it’s been here in decades. Our sincere thanks go out to Gov. [Phil] Murphy and the State Legislature of New Jersey for always going to bat for the racing industry.

You can look at many of his other past posts, same bullshit differnt day.......

FYI for anyone interested, you can copy & paste any quote in google and you will get the original story it came from.

pocketrocketwinner

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2024, 07:58:46 PM »
Handle increases when the a major harness signal (northfield) cancels on a Saturday. Settlemoir probably didn't even know

Generation XYZ

• Elite
  • HARNESS RACING IS DEAD, CALL THE CORONER!
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2024, 02:24:59 AM »
Theres a lot Settlemoir is unaware of...He's a minion, told what to say, what to do, and who to fuck with.  MINION!
Pay to Play, Play to Win!

kantseeback

• Elite
  • I'm voting for honest Joe and Mrs Canker Cackles
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2024, 03:48:27 AM »
Theres a lot Settlemoir is unaware of...He's a minion, told what to say, what to do, and who to fuck with.  MINION!

They used to have a nickname for him on this forum back in 2017, Settle My Nuts.

Superfecta

• Elite
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2024, 04:42:44 PM »
The Midget is a moron. He could have gotten 80,000 new fans when Taylor Swift was performing next door. Every one of them is now a Kansas City Chiefs fan.
He could have blasted her music and sold merchandise all afternoon while running an afternoon card leading up to her show. Food vendors as well.

harnessplop

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2024, 04:47:33 PM »
Nobody cares about racing anymore....80k fans...cmon man...reality

Generation XYZ

• Elite
  • HARNESS RACING IS DEAD, CALL THE CORONER!
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2024, 04:50:58 PM »
5 nights a week? How many amateur races can they come up with? Geez  ;D
Pay to Play, Play to Win!

LUCPARK

• Living Legend
  • HES A GOOD GUY ,FAMILY MAN AND A CHRISTIAN
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2024, 04:58:12 PM »
5 nights a week? How many amateur races can they come up with? Geez  ;D

DAVE YAROCK WONT BE ABLE TO WALK AFTER 2 WEEKS  ngc3 ngc3 ngc3
REAL AMERICANS DONT TAKE A KNEE

Superfecta

• Elite
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2024, 05:00:11 PM »
Nobody cares about racing anymore....80k fans...cmon man...reality

The 80,000 fans were there for Taylor Swift and I was told from someone that was there, the people waited on line for merchandise for 2 hours so the racing side could have capitalized by selling stuff and introducing those people to the racing.

Grandstand Handicapper

• Open / FFA
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2024, 10:54:37 PM »
I think the Meadowlands, and Woodbine/Mohawk for that matter, should go 4 days a week, and 5 when they comfortably and competitively can. There is still a grab while you can mindset because of the state of the sport and industry.

Larry Bird Boy

• Elite
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2024, 11:29:47 PM »
I think the Meadowlands, and Woodbine/Mohawk for that matter, should go 4 days a week, and 5 when they comfortably and competitively can. There is still a grab while you can mindset because of the state of the sport and industry.

Exactly why I believe they can’t really dome down hard on cheats. A guy like Ronnie Burke boycotting the box could close doesn’t the entire industry or at the bare minimum cancel some race cards at a lot of tracks. They are forced to keep the light penalties in place at least for the bigger barns. One wrong suspension to a guy with a lot of horses and you’ll find yourself with five horse fields of non competitive racing like Maine and cal expo.
Johnny Johnson fucked up Chicago harness racing. I hope you die !!!!

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • In It Deep: 11.tfk
    May 28, 2024, 07:54:33 PM
  • In It Deep: The Butt Nut
    May 28, 2024, 07:49:02 PM
  • Bernie Madoff: ngc3 ngc3 ngc3
    May 24, 2024, 08:05:54 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: At least we agree it's a shithole
    May 24, 2024, 07:04:43 PM
  • Kirby's Ace: I think this shithole owns you!
    May 24, 2024, 09:30:25 AM
  • Michael Petrelli: Face it, I OWN THIS SHITHOLE of a forum.
    May 23, 2024, 09:35:08 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Itchy Kitties...
    May 22, 2024, 05:09:31 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Spew a little Spludge and the Pu$$y Cats are drawn to it lie a girl with baby rabies
    May 22, 2024, 01:37:15 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal