Author Topic: Meadowlands Pace and other Saturday night goodies  (Read 4564 times)

comeonman

• Stakes Horse
Re: Meadowlands Pace and other Saturday night goodies
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2023, 05:00:11 PM »
I guess shutting him down last 8th doesn't count

pocketrocketwinner

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2023, 05:32:55 PM »
I guess shutting him down last 8th doesn't count

With Christchurch beat up, Jamieson breaking and el Rey nowhere, he should have been wrapped up in that spot. Not sure i would say he responded when asked late, however.
This is pari-mutuel gambling game, if you want to take odds on favorites off very easy trips against a better, more competitive field,
You have be right way more often than you're wrong to make it long term

comeonman

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2023, 05:44:44 PM »
All I'm saying is that they were closing in on him st wire because he was shut down..could have win by 5...he will be fav.abd should be...it's a horse race and anyone can win...but I would not puck anyone else...by the way I was all over other division winner...got great great set up but one convincingly

pocketrocketwinner

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2023, 06:32:17 PM »
Even if he won by 5 (I don't agree,he was pretty much all out when tetrick asked him), betting him back off that sweet trip at maybe 2/5, 1/2, 3/5 against a better group is a losing long term strategy. Picking him to win if gambling wasn't involved and you simply want to say you picked the winner? Yeah, I guess I would pick him too. But, isn't this a gambling game?

HornbyDuke

• Elite
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2023, 07:33:01 PM »
Im going cold exacta confederate fulton and saver triple confeferate, el rey fulton. Dunn must be jumping off lindas hirse to drive cannibal. Could be some banging here too; sometimes is in these  ngc3. Fulton might luck into a decent trip - but i think a little value. Takter winner is improving though and wouldnt be a surprise.  As a fan, im looking forward to race. Wont be a serious wager for me.

PucksnHorses

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2023, 07:37:15 PM »
Dunn is driving Fulton

PucksnHorses

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2023, 07:42:21 PM »
1 Fulton Dunn
2 Voukefalas Stratton
3 Christchurch Gingras
4 Cannibal A. Mccarthy
5 Confederate Tetrick
6 Hungry Angel Boy T. McCarthy
7 El Rey Zeron
8 Its A Me Mario Tritton
9 Ammo D. Miller
10 Save America Kakaley

comeonman

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2023, 07:49:05 PM »
And thus info came from where?

Parked

• Elite
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2023, 07:54:10 PM »
No surprise the bouncy, bouncy guy isn’t down to drive. 'However, I hate to say this but I’d rather he was driving in place of one other driver.  Some owners are very loyal….. 

PucksnHorses

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2023, 04:23:36 PM »
And thus info came from where?

I was just guessing, let's see how many I get right.

Miguel_Sanchez

• Open / FFA
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2023, 05:46:18 PM »
All I'm saying is that they were closing in on him st wire because he was shut down..could have win by 5...he will be fav.abd should be...it's a horse race and anyone can win...but I would not puck anyone else...by the way I was all over other division winner...got great great set up but one convincingly

He was toast.  He was walking across the line and not "shut down"  He was exhausted and done.  Everyone in that race seen it.  Timmy grabbed him to make it look good but he was finished.

onabrake

• Open / FFA
« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2023, 06:20:20 PM »
He was toast.  He was walking across the line and not "shut down"  He was exhausted and done.  Everyone in that race seen it.  Timmy grabbed him to make it look good but he was finished.

I'd love to be "finished" like that 100 hundred times out of 100. Tetrick was motionless through the entire stretch in a 27.2 last quarter, his 27 flat, off 20.1 fractions. Easily measured, close enough second over and exploding off cover to win for fun. Will be overbet in the final though, with all contenders inside. Should be a great race.

pocketrocketwinner

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2023, 06:21:57 PM »

It's hard for most gamblers to allow themselves to see any holes in big chalk

HornbyDuke

• Elite
« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2023, 07:58:00 PM »
It's hard for most gamblers to allow themselves to see any holes in big chalk

This is true! Im more of a bomber than chalk player but its hard to toss a horse that on paper looks much best. I had to convince myself yrs ago that tossing a chalky favorite is like an investment for a bettor. Its like bluffing in poker. Sure youll get stung but the loss is immaterial. 1 bluff a night pays off way more when you have "the nuts" in a kater hand.

That said; races like the pace are way more formful. Pelling is as sharp a trainer as there is in game. Im betting the race funny i think. Im playing pelling over toscano for a small amt to me. In my horizontals, im splitting my plays. Ill use fulton, canibal and el rey with a few logical contenders . Confederate i may also use defensively but only if i can single a 9/2 or better play in another leg. I really need saturdays program to finalize my strategy.

rainman2

• Elite
« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2023, 04:11:09 AM »
No surprise the bouncy, bouncy guy isn’t down to drive. 'However, I hate to say this but I’d rather he was driving in place of one other driver.  Some owners are very loyal…..

There are a few horses in this race that could get beneficial driver improvements.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Frank the Zipper: Vicks Vapor Rub is a great slipping cream
    May 14, 2024, 05:43:11 PM
  • The Thorn: Damn, You'all sound like a bunch of pussies.  Go smell some flowers and report back
    May 14, 2024, 12:41:19 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: I like the cool soothing feel.
    May 13, 2024, 07:32:06 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: Noxema gives me a soothing rush
    May 12, 2024, 01:08:57 PM
  • SwankToliverA: Wouldn't know, never had a need for it
    May 12, 2024, 12:12:11 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Yes it still offers that same cool sensation.
    May 12, 2024, 09:49:40 AM
  • SwankToliverA: Rooster- ppl still use Noxzema?
    May 11, 2024, 03:34:17 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Nothing a cold hand an Noxema can't cure.
    May 09, 2024, 09:11:36 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal