Author Topic: thestable.ca  (Read 22931 times)

PurpleSheetPicks

• Elite
Re: thestable.ca
« Reply #60 on: December 17, 2019, 03:01:46 PM »
Brkn Polee  ...   Do you know for a fact  that The Stable owes sales agencies money?   If not, that's not a great statement to make.

Horses First  ....   Ponzi scheme insinuates the last guy in is paying people that got in earlier.  I don't think that is true.   Each horse is an investment in of itself.  Bob buying into a horse in 2017 has nothing to do with my financial commitment buying a horse in 2019. 

Why is he spending less?     Great question.    Maybe it is that first purchase payment that has to be made.  Maybe the soft spot in the model is finding folks willing to lay down 10% up front for a $12k horse vs a $40k horse.    To many folks, there is a huge difference between coming up with 1200 vs 4000.
Or, maybe he's low on cash and can't afford more expensive horses.   Especially when you are buying first, then trying to sell the shares.   There can be a significant gap for The Stable between $$ out for the purchase and $$ back in when you sell the shares.

maybe he knows its going under so he wants to get as many training bills as he can before it does

PurpleSheetPicks

• Elite
« Reply #61 on: December 17, 2019, 03:04:26 PM »
Clearly you are a disgruntled person who went from singing their praises to just being a knob.   Sebastian K's - there are a total of 4 of them, none over $20k and 3 of the 4 are turning three this year (per their site).  At least say he went in on Muscle Mass since they have  7 of them (mind you two of them are racehorses). 
Somehow 4 doesnt seem like all in to me - if anything since he only bought one this year and three the year before it would be the other way around??

yes i went from singing his praises to poitning out my displeasure

you are exactly right
that is exactly the problem. had he done things the right way i would have stayed singing his praises...
i am in the know here..not just someone coming along giving their 2 cents

horses first

• Elite
« Reply #62 on: December 17, 2019, 03:06:05 PM »
Food for thought 42 yearlings with shares available not all are the stables some sent by breeders. However majority are and with whatever monthly charges added since bought and moved to CA. 690k in CDN dollars are available to buy. So jump right in. Of that money horses from the Jug sale, Lex sale, and Hoosier classic have had to be paid by now. Does he get extended credit? Good question.

As far as what there buying just look at the over all % of the industry. Your best sires ave at best 35% earners of 50k. 23% over 100k. For the most part the stable isn't buying from the crop of the best sires. Which also means the better mares. They look for value or horses that have a flaw or slip through a crack. Maybe younger new sires. They are buying toward the bottom end of the yearlings being offered for the year. Say Father Patrick has 80 yearlings to sell the first 40 or 50 aren't near the budget unless it's agreed upon by certain owners. Sure the bottom end can win and they do. But that's the landscape invest in animals that are cheaper to keep the cost lower and also keeping the pressure from owners why a 70k horse can't beat nw1. Because many of those horses on the other side of the spectrum can't.

Slim I referred to ponzi scheme as mentioned. My take how long can u take in $$$ by calling it entertainment? The consumer form of entertainment maybe once a week, twice a month, or even a vacation once a year. Paying monthly for something they may or may not happen at a racetrack is more a stress that's followed with a bill. That only last so long.

horses first

• Elite
« Reply #63 on: December 17, 2019, 03:12:54 PM »
Mazola...It's a forum with open discussion on the blueprint of the stable and fractional ownership. How it works or it doesn't. No doubt if it works it's good for the game. But does it if your to big in a sport that has a poor ROI? How does one make it last then. All good questions to discuss.

Unfortunately some have already have a bad experience and that leans into the discussion. Or how the guy drives. I'd rather not see that stuff and stick to the content. Is it really sustainable buying the cheaper horses and hope 5 or 6 are really good and the other 50 or more suck. Then tout the success of a handful. Because that's about anyone in the business. You get a good one once every 1 or 2 out of 10.

LUCPARK

• Living Legend
  • HES A GOOD GUY ,FAMILY MAN AND A CHRISTIAN
« Reply #64 on: December 17, 2019, 03:30:35 PM »
Mazola I've been in this game a long time and always was there for a fellow horseman who was down in his luck. I have a farm where 4 small timers get to train their horses and I don't take a dime off them they repay with helping on the upkeep. These guys are all honest horsemen with no drugs but have a hard time because of the cheats. My problem is scam artists like Anthony and that's my opinion end of story.

tmbz1
REAL AMERICANS DONT TAKE A KNEE

Brkn Headpole

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #65 on: December 17, 2019, 04:20:47 PM »
Brkn Polee  ...   Do you know for a fact  that The Stable owes sales agencies money?   If not, that's not a great statement to make.

Horses First  ....   Ponzi scheme insinuates the last guy in is paying people that got in earlier.  I don't think that is true.   Each horse is an investment in of itself.  Bob buying into a horse in 2017 has nothing to do with my financial commitment buying a horse in 2019. 

Why is he spending less?     Great question.    Maybe it is that first purchase payment that has to be made.  Maybe the soft spot in the model is finding folks willing to lay down 10% up front for a $12k horse vs a $40k horse.    To many folks, there is a huge difference between coming up with 1200 vs 4000.
Or, maybe he's low on cash and can't afford more expensive horses.   Especially when you are buying first, then trying to sell the shares.   There can be a significant gap for The Stable between $$ out for the purchase and $$ back in when you sell the shares.

Can't speak to this year but yes he racked up big balances outstanding to the sales agencies. So why is he afforded that opportunity and others not. Plus he may have outbid you for a yearling you were after prepared to go to 45k for but he bids it up to 55k to attain it knowing full well he didnt have to fork over the money.

slimshady

« Reply #66 on: December 17, 2019, 05:25:05 PM »
haha    This is the most time and most posts I have made on a topic without someone calling me a fucking tool or moron or racist, or me calling someone, something similar.
It's a rare Horse Plop moment!!   
Thanks for the civil conversation.

wiggles44

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #67 on: December 17, 2019, 05:47:43 PM »
haha    This is the most time and most posts I have made on a topic without someone calling me a fucking tool or moron or racist, or me calling someone, something similar.
It's a rare Horse Plop moment!!   
Thanks for the civil conversation.

i was just wondering why they're getting free advertising, when the rest of us have to pay for it
 11.hdd

therealdoctor

• Top Claimer
« Reply #68 on: December 17, 2019, 05:56:05 PM »
i was just wondering why they're getting free advertising, when the rest of us have to pay for it
 11.hdd

well in fairness, I think Landmark and the new one get some "free advertising" as well via Standardbred Canada.  so if the objective is to promote via fractional ownership then i think its close in terms of "notifications". 

I would like to see the other groups do more "general updates"; Or is it that those groups are sold and closed and some at thestable.ca    are not?

Brown jug

• Elite
« Reply #69 on: December 17, 2019, 07:17:56 PM »
enjoy the opinions
the beauty is that people who want to get in horse racing have options
if you dont like the stable go to landmark etc
if you dont like fractional ownership get a few buddies and go to a trainer and claim or buy one
yes the stable certainly buys yearlings on the low end
however this year there was a few that were bought  for $40k usa or higher which is a decent price to pay
nobody is being forced to join and no one is being promised unrealistic roi or any roi for that matter
clearly some people find the stables . ca format enjoyable for now
calling amac a scam artist is incorrect, he has not made financial promises or other kinds that he has reneged on
do you own due diligence, make your own decisions, protect your self

Fatboy

• Living Legend
« Reply #70 on: December 17, 2019, 07:30:34 PM »
enjoy the opinions
the beauty is that people who want to get in horse racing have options
if you dont like the stable go to landmark etc
if you dont like fractional ownership get a few buddies and go to a trainer and claim or buy one
yes the stable certainly buys yearlings on the low end
however this year there was a few that were bought  for $40k usa or higher which is a decent price to pay
nobody is being forced to join and no one is being promised unrealistic roi or any roi for that matter
clearly some people find the stables . ca format enjoyable for now
calling amac a scam artist is incorrect, he has not made financial promises or other kinds that he has reneged on
do you own due diligence, make your own decisions, protect your self

Overall, would you say this thread has been a positive reflection of fractional ownership as this guy projects it?  Are they calling him a fraud because he makes more money than most of his owners?

Brown jug

• Elite
« Reply #71 on: December 17, 2019, 08:49:47 PM »
fat boy,
i think in most cases of companies owners/presidents make more than others
good discussion though
lets revisit early spring

Fatboy

• Living Legend
« Reply #72 on: December 17, 2019, 08:53:54 PM »
fat boy,
i think in most cases of companies owners/presidents make more than others
good discussion though
lets revisit early spring

FAIR ENOUGH... tmbz1
WOULD YOU WANT YOUR CEO TO BE DUMBER THAN A HORSE APPLE HOWEVER?  THATS WHAT THE GUY SAID THAT KNOWS HIM

Calhoun

• Elite
« Reply #73 on: December 17, 2019, 09:32:16 PM »
That "guy that knows him" don't know his elbow from his asshole.

80 yo make-believe boxer with 3 different user names. 

gtfoh w that shit.

MR.DALRAE

• Living Legend
« Reply #74 on: December 17, 2019, 11:05:09 PM »
THAT BOY WOULDNT KNOW ERV IF HE WALKED RIGHT BY
Erv knows him ,,,just doesn’t like him

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Frank the Zipper: it comes in handy
    May 16, 2024, 02:49:07 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: No do explain...
    May 16, 2024, 11:48:54 AM
  • Frank the Zipper: Have you tried Whackenal in the handy 16 ozcan?
    May 16, 2024, 08:36:36 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Still say Noxema is the best for tug time.
    May 15, 2024, 07:13:14 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: I like how it feels between my toes and ass cheeks. way better than desenex, or prep H
    May 15, 2024, 05:04:31 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Never tried it for that purpose. Will give it a try!
    May 15, 2024, 05:00:44 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: Vicks Vapor Rub is a great slipping cream
    May 14, 2024, 05:43:11 PM
  • The Thorn: Damn, You'all sound like a bunch of pussies.  Go smell some flowers and report back
    May 14, 2024, 12:41:19 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal