0 Members and 22 Guests are viewing this topic.
Gino Toscani paid 5K for #151a Sweet Lou coltWho inspected this yearling and accepted it to the sale? Good God.https://www.yearlingvideos.com/horses/4280
Is anyone in Lexington?
I don't think the Lexington sale is reflective of the entire industry or sport for that matter. Certainly not day one. I guess you can look at the entire sale, and all the sales, and use it as a starting point. Not a free and efficient market and certainly not reflective of the every day bread and butter owner, trainer, racing, or fan. But, you can certainly look at the specifics and say for those commercial breeders, it appears they are thriving, LOL. Is it a house of cards though? I don't know, Hanover has been going a long time. When does it end? Does it?
Hanover to have a great sale good horses will command top prices,, as proven there's a lot of money out there. Horses that do not have good confirmation or breeding will take its toll on the sale average smart people know this. I am lucky enough to have good horses that race for good money providing their put in the proper classes. Of course if you're racing Monticello,,,, Maine fair or one of these B tracks opinions differ.
There goes an important thread ShitPosted on by Plops 24/7 Addicted fool TriggerOn behalf of Plops Management, we apologize
The lexington sale was packed with buyers
For any breeding farm to be be successful they need to continue to invest in good quality mares. Although I do not think Hanover is going anywhere, the past few years I have noticed they have dramatically cut back on broodmare purchases. Over time the quality of their yearlings will decline unless they change course.