Author Topic: Misfits silent about Hambletonian  (Read 1422 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

gurals casino

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 601
Re: Misfits silent about Hambletonian
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2026, 05:04:39 PM »
Opinions are like A hole,everyone has one,but I  haven't seen anything from anyone else who has  stepped up and made a financial commitment to fund the event into the future. J.G. atleast is willing to put his money where his mouth is!!! 11.wp

duh--Caesars just did for 3 years

JG offered 1 year

dougie

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2602
Re: Misfits silent about Hambletonian
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2026, 05:47:26 PM »
I am saddened by the loss of the Hambo at the Meadowlands. I thought that they did a ok job this year on Hambo Day. Certainly not the events that the throughbred folks organize for the Breeders Cup, but still a great day for harness racing. I hope Gural, who's 84 just retires and says "Fuck it! Who need's it?" He could probably live 20 lifetimes and never run out of money. No matter what happens in the future, I hope the Meadowlands always has live harness racing.

Lockedin with Pace

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1552
Re: Misfits silent about Hambletonian
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2026, 05:50:44 PM »
Problem is finding another person to help finance it without a casino. He also doesn't want to be the one who closes down the track and tarnish his legacy.

dougie

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2602
Re: Misfits silent about Hambletonian
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2026, 06:00:04 PM »
Problem is finding another person to help finance it without a casino. He also doesn't want to be the one who closes down the track and tarnish his legacy.
Is there someone out there willing to actually do that? I was the the Meadowlands on opening night. And despite all of harness racings big issues, I think he's still been a great steward for racing. If the Meadowlnds does close eventually, I just can't see the benefit for harness racing. I do believe that he will never get a casino there. I think the powers in Trenton are owned by the Atlantic City interests. So in the end.....will the Meadowlands be here 10 years from now? Who really knows?

gurals casino

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 601
Re: Misfits silent about Hambletonian
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2026, 06:03:01 PM »
Is there someone out there willing to actually do that? I was the the Meadowlands on opening night. And despite all of harness racings big issues, I think he's still been a great steward for racing. If the Meadowlnds does close eventually, I just can't see the benefit for harness racing. I do believe that he will never get a casino there. I think the powers in Trenton are owned by the Atlantic City interests. So in the end.....will the Meadowlands be here 10 years from now? Who really knows?

call me mister doom and gloom but without getting his casino --next year is probably the last year

Lockedin with Pace

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1552
Re: Misfits silent about Hambletonian
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2026, 06:05:08 PM »
Been a long time since I've been there, back then they raced 5 nights a week and the quality of racing was much better. Winter racing was also good back then because they had alot of early closers. Now winter racing is a joke with the top drivers going on vacation and the quality of racing and driver colony has really suffered.

I don't see anyone stepping up to fund what amounts to a sinking ship without a casino even with revenue from the sportsbook.

dougie

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2602
Re: Misfits silent about Hambletonian
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2026, 06:08:15 PM »
call me mister doom and gloom but without getting his casino --next year is probably the last year
Hey you could be right. Look at the Oxford Casino here in Maine. Churchill put it up for sale. It's in rural Maine. They'll either sell it or close it down. 600 employees out of work. How many jobs and families will be affected if the Meadowlands closes?

Lockedin with Pace

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1552
Re: Misfits silent about Hambletonian
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2026, 06:13:08 PM »
call me mister doom and gloom but without getting his casino --next year is probably the last year

The misfits have been quiet because they're all pitching in to help "G" move 10 horses to Mark Fork's immaculate training center tomorrow. Whose 10 horses they are is the big question.

 

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Trigger: You must receive a prize after saying "dick pic" in this forum 20 times today  ngc3
    September 30, 2026, 11:18:23 PM
  • Kirby's Ace: And put your pecker away you pervert
    September 30, 2026, 11:16:36 PM
  • Kirby's Ace: ngc3
    September 30, 2026, 11:16:12 PM
  • Kirby's Ace: Repeat 10 times and say 5 hail Mary's. Kirbys Ace, Kirbys Ace Kirbys Ace,Kirbys Ace and the last one Kirby's Ace!
    September 30, 2026, 11:15:36 PM
  • Kirby's Ace: Sorry but I'm way in your head if that's what you're thinking of!  I guess that Dick Pic really messed you up!
    September 30, 2026, 11:13:03 PM
  • Trigger: Kirby simply say thank you, Kirby's Ace is not your screen name here it's Kirbys Ace with out the apostrophe " ' ", embarresing that you changed your screen name if I taught you how to spell it. Too bade your family has less than a man in you and a dummy to boot  ngc3
    September 30, 2026, 10:25:40 PM
  • JT: tmbz1
    September 30, 2026, 08:51:35 PM
  • dougie: Good luck gambling tomorrow. Great card at Belmont!
    September 30, 2026, 08:51:31 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal