0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Sources indicating Gural will announce a $5 million Meadowlands Trot to compete directly with Hambo
please help me out here, I don't claim to be up on all this stuff----was there no love lost between the Hambletonian society and Jeff Gural?what was that all about
A horrible move by the Hambletonian Society. Does Campbell make 300K a year? Other than presenting trophies what does he do? Rename it to the welfare Society.
The Hambletonian Society wanted a multi year commitmentsince Gural isn't getting his casino anytime soon-he wasnt happy about digging into his own pockets to keep the failing entity called "racing" goinghe still wants to wear the "saviour" hat but doesn't want to be paying for the rights to wear that hathe fooled most for 12 years but the snake oil salesman in him is finally being exposedyou cannot be declaring yourself "The Saviour" if all you really wanted was a casino the entire timeand that's why there exists some anti-Gural sentimentsome folks would categorize that as being one of his "shortcomings"...which I find hilarious and sad simultaneously
https://projects.propublica.org/nonprofits/organizations/610593889/202523219349303817/full
As a New Jersian and long time Meadowlands patron and horse owner, this just sucks. I live in South Jersey now so I haven't been to live racing in a long time but this might be the final nail in the coffin for M1. I remember 6 days a week racing where I couldn't wait to get the Star Ledger in the morning to see the fields and predictions and circle my choices in the early '90's. There was no better fun time than going to Hambo Day in the '90's.
How many checks do you expect him to write to support a money losing operation when most of the other tracks have casinos?
if you want to be called "Saviour"......you write checks and stop bitching
Look at the card at Hoosier tonight This will be the similar card with the Hambo next year
How much money do you think he has?