Author Topic: Hambletonian Society Predictions  (Read 1672 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Laag

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 535
Hambletonian Society Predictions
« on: August 12, 2026, 07:09:01 PM »
What does everyone think?

Would be a travesty to take it away from the Mecca.

I get that Hoosier can probably do some extras and have parades and get locals involved but there is no way they can capture the big time feel and production the Meadowlands brings. Most importantly they wont be able to bring the handle

Horseman1994

  • NW-1
  • *
  • Posts: 3
Re: Hambletonian Society Predictions
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2026, 07:39:27 PM »
So who in your opinion should get to host the race then? It’s obvious the meadowlands are done or else why let the contract expire? I personally think the only place that has put in a bid to host it and is capable of hosting is Hoosier and that’s my home track but we’ve had the BC 3 times and did great all 3 times.

G

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 3051
Re: Hambletonian Society Predictions
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2026, 07:55:08 PM »
JC the president of the society told me they are doing everything possible to keep the Hambo at the Meaowlands

The Answer

  • Open / FFA
  • ****
  • Posts: 489
Re: Hambletonian Society Predictions
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2026, 08:01:09 PM »
Anywhere but Mohawk!

gurals casino

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 601
Re: Hambletonian Society Predictions
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2026, 08:12:36 PM »
Anywhere but Mohawk!

I know it must be a two turn mile and I think it must be in the USA

that leaves Hoosier, Vernon, M1 , Springfield, DuQuoin Red Mile

Colonial would be a one turn mile if they converted to harness
« Last Edit: August 12, 2026, 08:14:11 PM by gurals casino »

JT

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 3656
Re: Hambletonian Society Predictions
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2026, 08:13:55 PM »
I know it must be a two turn mile and I think it must be in the USA

that leaves Hoosier, Vernon, M1 , Springfield, DuQuoin
Lexington?

gurals casino

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 601
Re: Hambletonian Society Predictions
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2026, 08:14:41 PM »
Lexington?

yes I left them out erroneously

Bitter Truth

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2620
Re: Hambletonian Society Predictions
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2026, 08:14:53 PM »
Bingo! You took the words right out of my mouth JT.

JT

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 3656
Re: Hambletonian Society Predictions
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2026, 08:17:56 PM »
All good GC
BT Lexington came to my mind first..its the only logical landing spot
Meadowlands is a shell of its glory years like most tracks, but I would hate for them to lose that day and race

The Answer

  • Open / FFA
  • ****
  • Posts: 489
Re: Hambletonian Society Predictions
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2026, 08:32:35 PM »
I know it must be a two turn mile and I think it must be in the USA

that leaves Hoosier, Vernon, M1 , Springfield, DuQuoin Red Mile

Colonial would be a one turn mile if they converted to harness

Hoosier Mohawk and Meadowlands are only ones that bid

gurals casino

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 601
Re: Hambletonian Society Predictions
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2026, 08:34:38 PM »
Hoosier Mohawk and Meadowlands are only ones that bid

then I am wrong about the USA part

Illinois cannot afford it I shouldn't have listed them

Laag

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 535
Re: Hambletonian Society Predictions
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2026, 10:23:16 PM »
So who in your opinion should get to host the race then? It’s obvious the meadowlands are done or else why let the contract expire? I personally think the only place that has put in a bid to host it and is capable of hosting is Hoosier and that’s my home track but we’ve had the BC 3 times and did great all 3 times.

gural let it expire because he wanted them to acquiesce to some of his rules...they arent done and real no other track will be able to keep it on the GRAND scale. sure the local community of Hoosier Park will get involved but are they going to bet

Laag

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 535
Re: Hambletonian Society Predictions
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2026, 10:25:15 PM »
JC the president of the society told me they are doing everything possible to keep the Hambo at the Meaowlands

this is great news to hear, even though Gural has been somewhat of a dick to JC and the Hambo society, I think they realize the importance of this decision which will effectively kill NJ racing..alot of the members are from NJ...JC, Toscano, Perretti to name a few. I am sure some will push for new blood and a change but lets be real

Laag

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 535
Re: Hambletonian Society Predictions
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2026, 10:26:49 PM »
isnt the red mile a dump? how the heck can they have that there

also moving it to Canada would be a joke of epic proportions

Lockedin with Pace

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1552
Re: Hambletonian Society Predictions
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2026, 07:06:34 AM »
JC the president of the society told me they are doing everything possible to keep the Hambo at the Meaowlands

I'm sure you were the first-person John Campbell reached out to since you're such great lunch buddies, and so well connected in the industry, especially on the horse manure on Mark Fork's farm you sleep in.

 

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • wiggles44: Get some rest Mike.  Busy day doing nothing today.   :)
    Today at 07:42:38 AM
  • Trigger: You must receive a prize after saying "dick pic" in this forum 20 times today  ngc3
    September 30, 2026, 11:18:23 PM
  • Kirby's Ace: And put your pecker away you pervert
    September 30, 2026, 11:16:36 PM
  • Kirby's Ace: ngc3
    September 30, 2026, 11:16:12 PM
  • Kirby's Ace: Repeat 10 times and say 5 hail Mary's. Kirbys Ace, Kirbys Ace Kirbys Ace,Kirbys Ace and the last one Kirby's Ace!
    September 30, 2026, 11:15:36 PM
  • Kirby's Ace: Sorry but I'm way in your head if that's what you're thinking of!  I guess that Dick Pic really messed you up!
    September 30, 2026, 11:13:03 PM
  • Trigger: Kirby simply say thank you, Kirby's Ace is not your screen name here it's Kirbys Ace with out the apostrophe " ' ", embarresing that you changed your screen name if I taught you how to spell it. Too bade your family has less than a man in you and a dummy to boot  ngc3
    September 30, 2026, 10:25:40 PM
  • JT: tmbz1
    September 30, 2026, 08:51:35 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal