Author Topic: Drive last night in Pace elimination that I just dont understand.....  (Read 2850 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

toothman

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1410
I'm watching R7 elimination race, paying attention to the 8 horse Obliterate driven by Patrick Ryder for Chris.
At odds of 35-1 he left to the top and got shuffled to fourth at the half.
In a race where all you have to do is finish 5th to make the final, is pulling first over against Brandon Boulevard the wise choice?
Yes, i bet my two dollars.

trottingstud

  • Open / FFA
  • ****
  • Posts: 293
better yet he only had to finish 7th. only 3 horses had byes.

MIKE CAMPBELL

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2798
I'm watching R7 elimination race, paying attention to the 8 horse Obliterate driven by Patrick Ryder for Chris.
At odds of 35-1 he left to the top and got shuffled to fourth at the half.
In a race where all you have to do is finish 5th to make the final, is pulling first over against Brandon Boulevard the wise choice?
Yes, i bet my two dollars.
You're questioning a move by Patrick Ryder?  ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3

Call Sign Merlin

  • Open / FFA
  • ****
  • Posts: 318
Inexperience and panic - he felt the shuffle coming and McCarthy baited him into the flush.  A more experienced and/or better driver would have just sat and tried to get to the final

This does highlight an issue I saw on Saturday.  Being 1-4 on the wood at the opening quarter meant you were going to be buried by the half.  The flow in these races starts early and guys are aggressive to clear. With the way the front end held up you just aren’t going to make up enough from the backfield.

I think you see a 52 half on Saturday
 

Harness racer

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 4872
I feel he makes the final if he just sits.  But the owners put up some cash just to get in and I guess he panicked.  I posted before the race wondering how he would fuck it up.  And he really just did for himself.  He should have never been in this type of race.   He's not ready for the pressure and quick decision making that is required.

Call Sign Merlin

  • Open / FFA
  • ****
  • Posts: 318
I feel he makes the final if he just sits.  But the owners put up some cash just to get in and I guess he panicked.  I posted before the race wondering how he would fuck it up.  And he really just did for himself.  He should have never been in this type of race.   He's not ready for the pressure and quick decision making that is required.

Pry screwed it up for Zeron who ended up 3rd over instead of 2nd as he was in the process of flushing McCarthy.  The way Sweet Lovin Lou came home if he was a bit closer at the top of the stretch it may have been a bit more interesting

toothman

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1410
I feel he makes the final if he just sits.  But the owners put up some cash just to get in and I guess he panicked.  I posted before the race wondering how he would fuck it up.  And he really just did for himself.  He should have never been in this type of race.   He's not ready for the pressure and quick decision making that is required.

 tmbz1

toothman

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1410
Pry screwed it up for Zeron who ended up 3rd over instead of 2nd as he was in the process of flushing McCarthy.  The way Sweet Lovin Lou came home if he was a bit closer at the top of the stretch it may have been a bit more interesting

definitely

 

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • G: Mike I mean trigger you should be ashamed of yourself
    Today at 10:20:16 AM
  • G: Why would you make fun of somebody like that but then again I'd expect nothing less from you
    Today at 10:19:58 AM
  • Trigger: Fuckface dummy G, you're spamming the board again...go shake your rattle in your fake ugly wife and kids face you imbecile  ngc3  DM we if you would like to schedule a lunch meeting  ngc3
    Today at 10:18:09 AM
  • G: Sweet: Ant would wish your daughters raped by a bunch of niggers then set on fire...I miss him so much!   ngc3  Sweet: Where's MikeAnt when you need him  ngc3  shout out  Sound off ! Sweet: Ant would wish your daughters raped by a bunch of niggers then set on fire...I miss him so much!  ngc3 Today at 10:01:24 AM Sweet: Where's MikeAnt when you need him  ngc3 Today at 09:59:54 AM
    Today at 09:47:15 AM
  • Trigger: At Plop U. my alma mater, the motto is - Flush Your Life Away...II feel I've successfully lived up to it as well as keep up with my student loan interest payments to Rocky directly..shere does that $$$$ go  ngc3
    Today at 08:37:45 AM
  • JL52: JL52
    Today at 08:21:00 AM
  • Trigger: When Plop Admin kills a nigga he stays dead...in Tennessee, Krista Pike was give a lethal injection, then another, which didn't get here dead but snore loudly.  Talk about incompetant cunts...in other news there our beloved Dolly Parton remains deceased.  Guess if you wanna kill someone righy there ask an old woman  ngc3
    Today at 08:01:28 AM
  • wiggles44: Get some rest Mike.  Busy day doing nothing today.   :)
    Today at 07:42:38 AM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal