Author Topic: BEAU and MAMBA this weekend!  (Read 33449 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Harness racer

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 4872
Re: BEAU and MAMBA this weekend!
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2026, 05:51:52 AM »
bye bye bobblehead bob!   tmbz1

Trigger

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 12678
Re: BEAU and MAMBA this weekend!
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2026, 06:03:55 AM »
As I posted after NA Cup eliminations, he is off behind. Is that the reason he has been getting beat? Who knows? Some can go with soreness, some can't. Also, sometimes a horse never gets any faster from 2 years old to 3 while others do.

If you trained, owned BJ would you ever allow this driver on that horse who from his own words is absolutely riddled with fear to lose on him, and before you answer please listen for yourself?

This is from May 17, 2026, Mohawk Race 7 BJ's second pm win as a 3yo after his layoff.

Pick it up at 5m mark, he's asked about the "pressure" in the interview of driving BJ....

"I don't want to make a mistake that is going to tarnish this horse's legacy in the end."

"I don't want to do anything that's going to be a blemish on there."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N71JUCGrf0E


JT

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 3656
Re: BEAU and MAMBA this weekend!
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2026, 10:53:47 AM »
If you trained, owned BJ would you ever allow this driver on that horse who from his own words is absolutely riddled with fear to lose on him, and before you answer please listen for yourself?

This is from May 17, 2026, Mohawk Race 7 BJ's second pm win as a 3yo after his layoff.

Pick it up at 5m mark, he's asked about the "pressure" in the interview of driving BJ....

"I don't want to make a mistake that is going to tarnish this horse's legacy in the end."

"I don't want to do anything that's going to be a blemish on there."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N71JUCGrf0E
As I've said before NO! ngc3
Just watched the replay,  couldn't watch last night
Bad drive, getting cooked to a half in 53..but having said that, the horse doesn't look right. Something is off there.
Brandon Blvd the best 3 year old this year with the best driver

MCR

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 953
Re: BEAU and MAMBA this weekend!
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2026, 11:14:34 AM »
I dont think Bob is to blame.  He's doing nothing different than Dex..yannick.. Timmy or anyone else would do. Beau is supposed to be the inferior colt and with the type of horse he supposed to be moving to the lead in a 53 half shouldn't cook him.  The horse is clearly not right something is wrong with him.  He was on the run behind the gate and has been struggling to clear Colts he was beating under wraps.  With that being said Brandon blvd is the best 3 year old colt hands down! I was excited I thought we had a summer of battles coming up but it appears Beau has left the chat. I do believe something is wrong with him and I'm sure they will figure it out. I dont think blaming Doc Moore or Bob who have been there from the start and developed him into what he was/is is the correct thing. Sad thing is most people pointing fingers probably have never owned or dealt with a horse who could pace 58 never mind 48

Checked Up

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 738
Re: BEAU and MAMBA this weekend!
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2026, 11:41:00 AM »
They'll get it figured out and fixed! Definitely looks like there's alot of "Head
Scratching" going on right now. There's also probably some "throwing darts and see what sticks also happening". I don't think that he will continue much longer if he doesn't show improvement, but what do I know?? ngc3

SDST2009

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 781
Re: BEAU and MAMBA this weekend!
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2026, 12:12:16 PM »
They'll get it figured out and fixed! Definitely looks like there's alot of "Head
Scratching" going on right now. There's also probably some "throwing darts and see what sticks also happening". I don't think that he will continue much longer if he doesn't show improvement, but what do I know?? ngc3

Yeah, I think they're at a tipping point now. If they can't right the ship here quickly, his stud value's going to start to tarnish.

For everyone wanting to blame the driver, that's your prerogative, but it's not the only thing going on here. Anyone who thinks so hasn't been around many, if any, horses, as I think MCR was alluding to.

JT

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 3656
Re: BEAU and MAMBA this weekend!
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2026, 12:23:48 PM »
Yeah, I think they're at a tipping point now. If they can't right the ship here quickly, his stud value's going to start to tarnish.

For everyone wanting to blame the driver, that's your prerogative, but it's not the only thing going on here. Anyone who thinks so hasn't been around many, if any, horses, as I think MCR was alluding to.
It is clearly both driver and horse
Both things can be true at once
Driver always has a huge roll to play.
Look at OOMM.. JMac driver.. wins the Cup
Wrenn driver..can't even win a sire stakes race

Trigger

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 12678
Re: BEAU and MAMBA this weekend!
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2026, 12:34:00 PM »
As I've said before NO! ngc3
Just watched the replay,  couldn't watch last night
Bad drive, getting cooked to a half in 53..but having said that, the horse doesn't look right. Something is off there.
Brandon Blvd the best 3 year old this year with the best driver

YES!  ngc3

The horse was saying with his body language get this stupid ass scared bitch f'ing @sshole petunia off of me.

BJ to JB  tmbz1

Bartlett, not Joey the ripper  ngc3

littlebitbrown

  • NW-1
  • *
  • Posts: 31
Re: BEAU and MAMBA this weekend!
« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2026, 01:10:39 PM »
VIDEO of race: https://youtu.be/IVt8uiFl6SQ   Next Saturday are PACE elims at the Meadowlands so who knows if they even bother entering him after this horrible race! Right now they are probably terrified at entering him because if this continues he will be devalued at stud beyond belief. Look for a statement that they will check him out thoroughly somewhere before racing him again even though nothing might be wrong and he just is not as great as the hype by the horse racing media starving for a hero to promote.

99.9 he doesnt enter at the pace.  horse needs a few weeks to find his heart that got ripped out in his previous two races.  tough setback to recover from.

Call Sign Merlin

  • Open / FFA
  • ****
  • Posts: 318
Re: BEAU and MAMBA this weekend!
« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2026, 01:31:18 PM »
The horse may not be right (probably) and Bob not at fault (maybe) but if the first is true then Bob isn’t helping him out.  Horse just had two tough losses and is no longer undefeated find him a 2nd over trip so he doesn’t have to do the heavy lifting.  Who cares if he gets beats - let him pace by some horses.  You have to be much the best to front end those types of horses off a half in 53 - he has someone at his throat the whole mile, especially when you power move into the half.  The outflow has already started and they aren’t scared of you anymore. 

Bartlett would be terrible for this version of Beau.  He needs someone who will take care of him a bit for a few starts.


Stud barn is littered with $5k fees for 49 2 year olds that were also 49 3 year olds


SDST2009

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 781
Re: BEAU and MAMBA this weekend!
« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2026, 02:04:26 PM »
The horse may not be right (probably) and Bob not at fault (maybe) but if the first is true then Bob isn’t helping him out.  Horse just had two tough losses and is no longer undefeated find him a 2nd over trip so he doesn’t have to do the heavy lifting.  Who cares if he gets beats - let him pace by some horses.  You have to be much the best to front end those types of horses off a half in 53 - he has someone at his throat the whole mile, especially when you power move into the half.  The outflow has already started and they aren’t scared of you anymore. 

Bartlett would be terrible for this version of Beau.  He needs someone who will take care of him a bit for a few starts.


Yes, this is where I'm more inclined to find fault with him. You really can't blame him for driving him like he was the best 2 of the last 3 starts. Last night when the horse protested even going to the gate, it was likely time to call an audible and try to trip the horse out, even if they did think they had him back to where he was.

The Beau we saw prior to NA Cup elims should have been able to handle the trip last night. Maybe he still gets beat, but not like he did.

SDST2009

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 781
Re: BEAU and MAMBA this weekend!
« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2026, 02:06:46 PM »
It is clearly both driver and horse
Both things can be true at once
Driver always has a huge roll to play.
Look at OOMM.. JMac driver.. wins the Cup
Wrenn driver..can't even win a sire stakes race

I don't really agree with your assessment of OOMM. That horse did a lot of shipping around and the track looked dismal. Wrenn's no moron.

Kenny

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1053
Re: BEAU and MAMBA this weekend!
« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2026, 02:56:32 PM »
I dont think Bob is to blame.  He's doing nothing different than Dex..yannick.. Timmy or anyone else would do. Beau is supposed to be the inferior colt and with the type of horse he supposed to be moving to the lead in a 53 half shouldn't cook him.  The horse is clearly not right something is wrong with him.  He was on the run behind the gate and has been struggling to clear Colts he was beating under wraps.  With that being said Brandon blvd is the best 3 year old colt hands down! I was excited I thought we had a summer of battles coming up but it appears Beau has left the chat. I do believe something is wrong with him and I'm sure they will figure it out. I dont think blaming Doc Moore or Bob who have been there from the start and developed him into what he was/is is the correct thing. Sad thing is most people pointing fingers probably have never owned or dealt with a horse who could pace 58 never mind 48

I think people have overrated or have unreasonable expectations Beau Jangles for a number of reasons:

1) He has only one start on a track other than Mohawk and that was a "ship" of less that 1 hour.
2) Most of the year he beat up on Ontario sired horses. Just because he beat Grand Circuit horses at two does not translate into domination at three.


pylon

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 723
Re: BEAU and MAMBA this weekend!
« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2026, 04:50:14 PM »
 tmbz1
I dont think Bob is to blame.  He's doing nothing different than Dex..yannick.. Timmy or anyone else would do. Beau is supposed to be the inferior colt and with the type of horse he supposed to be moving to the lead in a 53 half shouldn't cook him.  The horse is clearly not right something is wrong with him.  He was on the run behind the gate and has been struggling to clear Colts he was beating under wraps.  With that being said Brandon blvd is the best 3 year old colt hands down! I was excited I thought we had a summer of battles coming up but it appears Beau has left the chat. I do believe something is wrong with him and I'm sure they will figure it out. I dont think blaming Doc Moore or Bob who have been there from the start and developed him into what he was/is is the correct thing. Sad thing is most people pointing fingers probably have never owned or dealt with a horse who could pace 58 never mind 48
tmbz1
« Last Edit: June 28, 2026, 04:54:26 PM by pylon »

SDST2009

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 781
Re: BEAU and MAMBA this weekend!
« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2026, 06:02:03 PM »
I think people have overrated or have unreasonable expectations Beau Jangles for a number of reasons:

1) He has only one start on a track other than Mohawk and that was a "ship" of less that 1 hour.
2) Most of the year he beat up on Ontario sired horses. Just because he beat Grand Circuit horses at two does not translate into domination at three.

I don't necessarily disagree with either point. I will say though, he really had a more impressive look than most coming into his 3yo year, and even his first couple this year. I think he's regressed as opposed to just others getting better, but I could be wrong.

If he's being a little sulky, a change of venue might actually help him some. But they've got to be thinking long and hard about sending him south.

 

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • dougie: LOL! Nice to have you back my friend. We might make some bucks today!
    Today at 10:46:56 AM
  • Trigger: It's a good day to bet horses Dougie, for some people every day is a good day tp eat candy while sitting on the crapper  ngc3
    Today at 10:42:46 AM
  • dougie: BIG DAY AT BELMONT FOLKS!!!!! GET THOSE WAGERS READY!!!!!
    Today at 10:37:24 AM
  • wiggles44: The EAA facebook group would love these screenshots :)
    Today at 10:36:47 AM
  • G: Wiggles thank you for these beautiful screenshots
    Today at 10:35:54 AM
  • G: I must say I thoroughly enjoy wiggles screenshots
    Today at 10:35:46 AM
  • G: When I talked to the carriage horse woman and mentioned your name she hung up the phone
    Today at 10:35:14 AM
  • wiggles44: Screenshots
    Today at 10:32:22 AM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal