Author Topic: Derby / Oaks Picks / thoughts  (Read 17252 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Yonkers1A

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2425
Re: Derby / Oaks Picks / thoughts
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2026, 02:45:27 PM »
1) So Happy, 2) The Puma, 3) Wonder Dean, 8-9-10, box them up and make some money

toothman

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1410
Re: Derby / Oaks Picks / thoughts
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2026, 02:51:20 PM »
Is the rail in the Derby the official kiss of death?

Yonkers1A

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2425
Re: Derby / Oaks Picks / thoughts
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2026, 03:48:39 PM »
Is the rail in the Derby the official kiss of death?

I hope so

Pacer 2

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2983
Re: Derby / Oaks Picks / thoughts
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2026, 06:04:49 PM »
Is the rail in the Derby the official kiss of death?

   Its a slight disadvantage but hardly the kiss of death.

GOAT

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 607
Re: Derby / Oaks Picks / thoughts
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2026, 07:41:05 PM »
Calvin Borrel made his living on the rail at Churchill Downs.

Calhoun

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 16490
Re: Derby / Oaks Picks / thoughts
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2026, 08:42:12 PM »
Oaks Day Early Scratches

R3: 1
R5: 12, 14, 15, 16
R6: 3, 7, 14, 15
R7: 2
R9: 9
R10: 8
R12: 7
R13: 6, 8, 12


Calhoun

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 16490
Re: Derby / Oaks Picks / thoughts
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2026, 09:22:21 PM »
Oaks Day Selects
R4   Couplet
R8   Sippin Pretty
9R   Skrippy
R12   Indigo Woods
R13   Percys Bar

LUCPARK

  • Living Legend
  • *******
  • Posts: 57856
  • HES A GOOD GUY ,FAMILY MAN AND A CHRISTIAN
Re: Derby / Oaks Picks / thoughts
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2026, 09:23:58 PM »
 I USED PERCY UP AND DOWN IN LARGE ZACTAS.I CANT GET OFF OF CHADS FILLY I POUNDED HER ...

SEE WHAT HAPPENS
REAL AMERICANS DONT TAKE A KNEE

SRP22

  • Open / FFA
  • ****
  • Posts: 273
Re: Derby / Oaks Picks / thoughts
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2026, 08:29:30 AM »
Happy Oaks Day

We start the day with Renegade as the current Derby favorite at 5/1

Pacer 2

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2983
Re: Derby / Oaks Picks / thoughts
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2026, 08:37:25 AM »
I USED PERCY UP AND DOWN IN LARGE ZACTAS.I CANT GET OFF OF CHADS FILLY I POUNDED HER ...

SEE WHAT HAPPENS


   Why am I not surprised you fuck animals?     ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3

JT

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 3659
Re: Derby / Oaks Picks / thoughts
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2026, 08:40:55 AM »
Thanks for starting a thread Bitter. My choices won't be popular from what I read but trends are made to be broken, just like the Big 10 winning the natty in college basketball for the first time in 25 years. Post 1 hasn't won in 40 years, but this is the year. The starting gate changed in 2020, so the 1 isn't as bad a spot. Irad has ridden many of these but he opted for #1 Renegade. The 1 hole will not hurt this horse. . He will drop way back and then come from the clouds and win. If I would trust anyone to navigate through the field it would be him. My other top selection would break another trend and that's #15 Emerging Market. Last time a horse with only 2 starts won was back in the 1880's. Flavian Prat is probably the hottest jockey in the country right now, and his win in Louisiana was impressive and that prep race is 9.5f. So I will box those two horses.
Underneath I am fading the Florida Derby runners... if you pick 1 you almost have to pick 3.. so underneath #7 Danon Bourbon monster from Japan, #8 So Happy Mike Smith never can be discounted and #11 Incredibolt..big longshot I really like who has won over the Churchill surface twice already.

Kirby's Ace

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 4755
Re: Derby / Oaks Picks / thoughts
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2026, 10:08:40 AM »
Oaks....Meaning with Percy's Bar...But if Trigger picks either of them then throw them out!
9/09/26 A day of celebration!

Calhoun

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 16490
Re: Derby / Oaks Picks / thoughts
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2026, 10:51:06 AM »
Renegade will wear three-quarter shoes on both fronts in the Derby as he did in Arkansas.

Quarter cracks an issue for the colt.

-Paulick




Papillon

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2609
Re: Derby / Oaks Picks / thoughts
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2026, 11:09:49 AM »
not sure if I am repeating this information for the Derby.......

#5 Right To Party--SCRATCHED
#13 Silent Tactic---SCRATCHED
#20 Fulleffort------SCRATCHED


#21 Great White  draws in
#22 Ocelli           draws in
#23 Robusta       draws in



Bitter Truth

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2620
Re: Derby / Oaks Picks / thoughts
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2026, 12:43:37 PM »
I see no reason with favorable track conditions that Englishman can't break the track record for a mile
at Churchill which was set in 2014 by Fruit Ludt in 1:33.26. He can go 1:08 just galloping , home in an
honest 24 gets the job done. I say he does it. Race 8 Sat. Pat Day Mile tmbz1

 

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • JT: Looks that way  :P
    Today at 01:31:05 PM
  • wiggles44: Too many :)
    Today at 01:28:19 PM
  • JT: Looks like a long day for ya here wiggles..going on 6 hours now..lots of screenshots to check I suppose  :P
    Today at 01:22:31 PM
  • wiggles44: Are you allowed near women Mike?   :)
    Today at 01:16:36 PM
  • dougie: Andrew? LOL!
    Today at 01:05:13 PM
  • Trigger: Wiggles and G if you don't see me respond in the forever near future, wish the women in your family all my best  ngc3
    Today at 01:02:27 PM
  • wiggles44: No problem Andrew :)
    Today at 12:59:45 PM
  • dougie: And wiggles 44th, if you're going to use my "Geez" , please remit a $2 bet into my horse betting account. LOL!
    Today at 11:52:26 AM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal