Author Topic: Jerry Silva  (Read 5397 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Casualfan1

  • Top Claimer
  • ***
  • Posts: 209
Jerry Silva
« on: July 22, 2025, 09:32:11 AM »
Maybe I just have not been paying attention, but has anyone heard Jerry and Theresa Silvas name this year?  I hope all is well with him as I usually would see him in the winners circle at some point or hear his name on the Burke horses. 

bello

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 5033
Re: Jerry Silva
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2025, 09:47:33 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FijbQAbjeXk&t=3120s

Nice interview.  Confirms he is owner with Burke. And still alive and kicking!

Liberty Bell

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1612
Re: Jerry Silva
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2025, 10:37:43 AM »
Maybe I just have not been paying attention, but has anyone heard Jerry and Theresa Silvas name this year?  I hope all is well with him as I usually would see him in the winners circle at some point or hear his name on the Burke horses.

They still own a few horses with Burke but live in Florida now.

Casualfan1

  • Top Claimer
  • ***
  • Posts: 209
Re: Jerry Silva
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2025, 11:14:39 AM »
Thank you

hoosierboy

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 11872
Re: Jerry Silva
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2025, 11:19:52 AM »
Still owns some with Burke

SeattleSlew

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 701
Re: Jerry Silva
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2025, 06:07:25 AM »
Maybe I just have not been paying attention, but has anyone heard Jerry and Theresa Silvas name this year?  I hope all is well with him as I usually would see him in the winners circle at some point or hear his name on the Burke horses.

I think Jerry is about 90/91 years old.  He made $100mm by reverse merging his business into a public "shell" quite a while ago (it was called ChemRx) and then held on while being sued left and right  by shareholders when it went BK.  Using their own filing language the company "We provide pharmacy services to residents of skilled nursing facilities, assisted living facilities, residential living facilities, addiction treatment centers and other long-term healthcare institutions. We purchase pharmaceutical products in bulk quantities from wholesalers and manufacturers and dispense both prescription and non-prescription DRUGS in patient-specific packaging in accordance with physician orders."

Enough said.

Grandstand Handicapper

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2777
  • Which wolf wins? The one you feed.
Re: Jerry Silva
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2025, 10:26:14 PM »
Yes, still kicking at 91 years old. Great for him! He lives his life the way he wants to! Even better for him. LOL.

He lives in FL now. He visits Burke over the winter, still goes out to Sunshine Meadows, and really enjoys life.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2025, 10:27:55 PM by Grandstand Handicapper »

 

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • JT: Looks that way  :P
    Today at 01:31:05 PM
  • wiggles44: Too many :)
    Today at 01:28:19 PM
  • JT: Looks like a long day for ya here wiggles..going on 6 hours now..lots of screenshots to check I suppose  :P
    Today at 01:22:31 PM
  • wiggles44: Are you allowed near women Mike?   :)
    Today at 01:16:36 PM
  • dougie: Andrew? LOL!
    Today at 01:05:13 PM
  • Trigger: Wiggles and G if you don't see me respond in the forever near future, wish the women in your family all my best  ngc3
    Today at 01:02:27 PM
  • wiggles44: No problem Andrew :)
    Today at 12:59:45 PM
  • dougie: And wiggles 44th, if you're going to use my "Geez" , please remit a $2 bet into my horse betting account. LOL!
    Today at 11:52:26 AM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal