Author Topic: Who agrees with me  (Read 11052 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Stan durbread

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2274
Re: Who agrees with me
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2025, 05:33:28 PM »
There is no doubt in my mind that Preakness winner should definitely been taken down..watch replay carefully the outside horse tried real hard to keep winner boxed in. The winner rammed the outside horse with the horses head to get out and that outside horse lost like 3 lengths when he did it that horse finished 4th winner should’ve been placed 4th. No balls judges.
Watching the overhead view I would say the rider of #1 should get a substantial penalty for the move to the left. Almost took both of them down

Liberty Bell

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1612
Re: Who agrees with me
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2025, 02:48:27 PM »
Rispoli is partly to blame for putting his horse in a bad spot.

JL52

  • Open / FFA
  • ****
  • Posts: 444
Re: Who agrees with me
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2025, 03:00:12 PM »
Papillon.....you mentioned my favorite rider of all time.....Angel Cordero, Jr. I grew up at the NY tracks. I loved what was then an amazing jockey colony. Cordero, Eddie Maple. Mike Venezia, Jorge Velasquez, Jean Cruguet (great on the grass), and Jacinto Vasquez. Great days on the NY Circuit!
Don’t forget Braulio Baeza, ramrod straight in the saddle, and whose son is an NYRA steward. At the other end of the scale, there was a house rider named Concepcion Ledezma, who, if riding at all, was always 100-1.
In the middle, Hedley Woodhouse, memorable not just because of the English manor sounding name, but because he won, by a nostril, on “ Buz On”, returning $95.80 for $2, forever setting this then-teenager on a path of parimutuel betting. I believe it was on Belmont Stakes day circa 1967.

MIKE CAMPBELL

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2798
Re: Who agrees with me
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2025, 03:33:40 PM »
I loved Cordero. Beat Affirmed with Seattle Slew. Nearly broke Secretariat's world record that day.

dougie

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2603
Re: Who agrees with me
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2025, 04:57:46 PM »
Mike Campbell, I remember that race. Seattle Slew is my favorite horse of all time. Trained by Doug Peterson and then Billy Turner Jr.  What a horse!

dougie

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2603
Re: Who agrees with me
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2025, 05:04:03 PM »
JL52, Baeza was a great jockey. I remember when he rode Foolish Pleasure against Ruffian in that match race. He was looking back with great concern for Ruffian and Jacinto Vasquez.

MIKE CAMPBELL

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2798
Re: Who agrees with me
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2025, 09:03:38 PM »
Mike Campbell, I remember that race. Seattle Slew is my favorite horse of all time. Trained by Doug Peterson and then Billy Turner Jr.  What a horse!
Beautiful horse. I got to see him up close in the paddock at The Meadowlands. He shined like a mirror. Unfortunately, that was the race he got beat by Dr. Patches and Cruguet lost the ride on him.

dougie

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2603
Re: Who agrees with me
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2025, 10:58:57 AM »
Mike Campell, I remember that he cost $17,500 at the Fasig-Tipton sale in 1975. I always loved horses bred from that Bold Ruler line. I only saw him race once in person at the Belmont Stakes in 1977. I remember trying to hit a cold exacta with Sanhedrin for second. Jorge Velasquez was making a big move, but flattened out. And Run Dusty Run got up for second. Cost me my cold $20 exacta. LOL!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2025, 11:27:34 AM by dougie »

RR70s

  • Top Claimer
  • ***
  • Posts: 117
Re: Who agrees with me
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2025, 12:01:07 PM »
While I don’t think the eventual winner should have had an Inquiry, Rispoli never seemed to have the horse relaxed. He rode the horse into a bad spot, and the horse was great enough to find a burst and explode in the last 100 yards (combined with leader getting tired). I noticed from what trainer McCarthy said and his expressions, he was really P’off at Rispoli’s ride.
He seemed to have a look of disgust towards the jock IMO.

Papillon

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2609
Re: Who agrees with me
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2025, 12:11:01 PM »
Mike Campell, I remember that he cost $17,500 at the Fasig-Tipton sale in 1975. I always loved horses bred from that Bold Ruler line. I only saw him race once in person at the Belmont Stakes in 1977. I remember trying to hit a cold exacta with Sanhedrin for second. Jorge Velasquez was making a big move, but flattened out. And Run Dusty Run got up for second. Cost me my cold $20 exacta. LOL!

wow--unforgettable names from that year for me as well

another one that year was Iron Constitution

that year was about 2 years after the Garden St fire--and they held a couple of Jersey Derbies at Atlantic City in the late 70s

I was maybe 13 years old and had a win bet on Iron Constitution and he barely won vs Sanhedrin and Run Dusty Run


The Jersey Derby was always held on Memorial Day weekend so the race rarely saw Triple Crown horses

MIKE CAMPBELL

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2798
Re: Who agrees with me
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2025, 12:17:58 PM »
wow--unforgettable names from that year for me as well

another one that year was Iron Constitution

that year was about 2 years after the Garden St fire--and they held a couple of Jersey Derbies at Atlantic City in the late 70s

I was maybe 13 years old and had a win bet on Iron Constitution and he barely won vs Sanhedrin and Run Dusty Run


The Jersey Derby was always held on Memorial Day weekend so the race rarely saw Triple Crown horses
I loved Iron Constitution. Made a huge score on him at Hialeah. Gray horse, big heart.

Papillon

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2609
Re: Who agrees with me
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2025, 12:20:28 PM »
I loved Iron Constitution. Made a huge score on him at Hialeah. Gray horse, big heart.


Yes

always showed guts in the last part of the race--loved getting into a battle

dougie

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2603
Re: Who agrees with me
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2025, 01:01:57 PM »
Mike Campbell, Paplilon, I too liked Iron Constituion. Great horse.  I used to drive down to Hialeah. What a beautiful track.

MIKE CAMPBELL

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2798
Re: Who agrees with me
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2025, 08:39:52 PM »
Mike Campbell, Paplilon, I too liked Iron Constituion. Great horse.  I used to drive down to Hialeah. What a beautiful track.
Flamingos in the infield. Just beautiful.

 

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • G: Mike I mean trigger you should be ashamed of yourself
    Today at 10:20:16 AM
  • G: Why would you make fun of somebody like that but then again I'd expect nothing less from you
    Today at 10:19:58 AM
  • Trigger: Fuckface dummy G, you're spamming the board again...go shake your rattle in your fake ugly wife and kids face you imbecile  ngc3  DM we if you would like to schedule a lunch meeting  ngc3
    Today at 10:18:09 AM
  • G: Sweet: Ant would wish your daughters raped by a bunch of niggers then set on fire...I miss him so much!   ngc3  Sweet: Where's MikeAnt when you need him  ngc3  shout out  Sound off ! Sweet: Ant would wish your daughters raped by a bunch of niggers then set on fire...I miss him so much!  ngc3 Today at 10:01:24 AM Sweet: Where's MikeAnt when you need him  ngc3 Today at 09:59:54 AM
    Today at 09:47:15 AM
  • Trigger: At Plop U. my alma mater, the motto is - Flush Your Life Away...II feel I've successfully lived up to it as well as keep up with my student loan interest payments to Rocky directly..shere does that $$$$ go  ngc3
    Today at 08:37:45 AM
  • JL52: JL52
    Today at 08:21:00 AM
  • Trigger: When Plop Admin kills a nigga he stays dead...in Tennessee, Krista Pike was give a lethal injection, then another, which didn't get here dead but snore loudly.  Talk about incompetant cunts...in other news there our beloved Dolly Parton remains deceased.  Guess if you wanna kill someone righy there ask an old woman  ngc3
    Today at 08:01:28 AM
  • wiggles44: Get some rest Mike.  Busy day doing nothing today.   :)
    Today at 07:42:38 AM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal