Author Topic: Racehorse Health and Safety Act introduced; would repeal and replace HISA  (Read 2056 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.


Grandstand Handicapper

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2777
  • Which wolf wins? The one you feed.
https://www.drf.com/news/bill-abolish-hisa-reintroduced-congress

While I wouldn't say this is a non-starter, the last time this bill was introduced, it went nowhere. The divisiveness is not good at all. Unfortunately the NHBPA, which has filed lawsuits opposing HISA, and of course the USTA continuing to refuse to sign on to the legislation, is not just opposing it, but in the end, are sabotaging HISA's efforts.

Ironically, last time this bill was introduced, it was just one single Congressman, Representative Clay Higgins (R-LA). This bill is now being sponsored him, and Representative Don Davis (D-NC), and Senator Tom Cotton (R-Ark). LA I get. AK I get as well. But, NC? There are no racetracks in NC! LOL.

I hope the fact that Senator Mitch McConnell (R-KY) and Representative Andy Barr (R-KY) being both staunch supporters of HISA will again prevent this bill from going anywhere. Personally, I find this very transparent and disturbing. Nobody, not one of the opponents of HISA, including racing commissions, did anything to better the sport and industry regarding safety and drugs------not even close to the extent of what HISA has already accomplished. HISA comes along, and all the opposition says is they are wrong, no, we are fine, and we should do it. Where have you been all these years? I see it as self-serving and opportunistic, as well as divisive and sabotaging. 

Grandstand Handicapper

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2777
  • Which wolf wins? The one you feed.
Here is Cohen's perspective.....

https://paulickreport.com/features/keeping-pace/keeping-pace-say-no-again-congress-to-this-terrible-horse-racing-bill

From the preface to the article:

"The Racehorse Health and Safety Act is back in the halls of Congress, a piece of zombie legislation that will waste countless more hours of the industry’s time and money. The time for this legislation was a decade ago, or maybe two. Now, it’s far too little and far too late."

Harness racer

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 4872
I have no faith in anything working.  Example is the fat fuck Swede!

 

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • G: Mike I mean trigger you should be ashamed of yourself
    Today at 10:20:16 AM
  • G: Why would you make fun of somebody like that but then again I'd expect nothing less from you
    Today at 10:19:58 AM
  • Trigger: Fuckface dummy G, you're spamming the board again...go shake your rattle in your fake ugly wife and kids face you imbecile  ngc3  DM we if you would like to schedule a lunch meeting  ngc3
    Today at 10:18:09 AM
  • G: Sweet: Ant would wish your daughters raped by a bunch of niggers then set on fire...I miss him so much!   ngc3  Sweet: Where's MikeAnt when you need him  ngc3  shout out  Sound off ! Sweet: Ant would wish your daughters raped by a bunch of niggers then set on fire...I miss him so much!  ngc3 Today at 10:01:24 AM Sweet: Where's MikeAnt when you need him  ngc3 Today at 09:59:54 AM
    Today at 09:47:15 AM
  • Trigger: At Plop U. my alma mater, the motto is - Flush Your Life Away...II feel I've successfully lived up to it as well as keep up with my student loan interest payments to Rocky directly..shere does that $$$$ go  ngc3
    Today at 08:37:45 AM
  • JL52: JL52
    Today at 08:21:00 AM
  • Trigger: When Plop Admin kills a nigga he stays dead...in Tennessee, Krista Pike was give a lethal injection, then another, which didn't get here dead but snore loudly.  Talk about incompetant cunts...in other news there our beloved Dolly Parton remains deceased.  Guess if you wanna kill someone righy there ask an old woman  ngc3
    Today at 08:01:28 AM
  • wiggles44: Get some rest Mike.  Busy day doing nothing today.   :)
    Today at 07:42:38 AM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal