Author Topic: Is meadowlands trying to make their racing as bad as possible  (Read 15766 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pocketrocketwinner

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1431
Re: Is meadowlands trying to make their racing as bad as possible
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2025, 11:20:13 AM »
     tmbz1   I agree. And the amateur racing brings lots of new fans to the sport.

Ugh. I've heard this so many times.
Harness racing has no fans. Its not a spectator sport.
What is has is gamblers. And no. Amatuer races do not bring any gamblers to the sport.

Pacer 2

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2974
Re: Is meadowlands trying to make their racing as bad as possible
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2025, 11:32:19 AM »
Ugh. I've heard this so many times.
Harness racing has no fans. Its not a spectator sport.
What is has is gamblers. And no. Amatuer races do not bring any gamblers to the sport.

  The amateurs friends and family often come out to watch "their" amateur. Lots of new people at the track. And BTW learn how to spell amateur!

Papillon

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2609
Re: Is meadowlands trying to make their racing as bad as possible
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2025, 11:32:32 AM »
     tmbz1   I agree. And the amateur racing brings lots of new fans to the sport.

completely delusional post ngc3

pocketrocketwinner

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1431
Re: Is meadowlands trying to make their racing as bad as possible
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2025, 11:38:12 AM »
  The amateurs friends and family often come out to watch "their" amateur. Lots of new people at the track. And BTW learn how to spell amateur!

Exactly. They are watching. They are not gambling. People coming out to watch is 100% useless

Grandstand Handicapper

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2776
  • Which wolf wins? The one you feed.
Re: Is meadowlands trying to make their racing as bad as possible
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2025, 11:38:54 AM »
why are you also commenting under Yonkers1a?? Under that alias you bash the Meadowlands now you’re trying to kiss up…. it’s not going to work little man.

It's a friggn' bulletin board. It's not me, but nice try. Enjoy yourself with that. I have no alias and never posted under one. I support Gural and his efforts, but I am still entitled to say the product is poor. Good luck with your policing.

Grandstand Handicapper

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2776
  • Which wolf wins? The one you feed.
Re: Is meadowlands trying to make their racing as bad as possible
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2025, 11:39:59 AM »
The jig is up

Grandstand Handicapper = pertrelli

LOL. Good luck with that. I've never been more grateful for something not being true.

Liberty Bell

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1612
Re: Is meadowlands trying to make their racing as bad as possible
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2025, 11:42:52 AM »
     tmbz1   I agree. And the amateur racing brings lots of new fans to the sport.

You think bringing a bunch of old men driving brings new fans to the sport? When's the last time you peed in a bottle, it's time.

Pacer 2

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2974
Re: Is meadowlands trying to make their racing as bad as possible
« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2025, 11:43:41 AM »
Exactly. They are watching. They are not gambling. People coming out to watch is 100% useless
 

  Agree they are not high rollers but they do gamble some. And they frequent the concession stands.....

Pacer 2

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2974
Re: Is meadowlands trying to make their racing as bad as possible
« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2025, 11:45:58 AM »
You think bringing a bunch of old men driving brings new fans to the sport? When's the last time you peed in a bottle, it's time.

     Its not all old men  ngc3   Many start young! Anthony Nap was an amateur for years.

pocketrocketwinner

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1431
Re: Is meadowlands trying to make their racing as bad as possible
« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2025, 11:47:58 AM »
 

  Agree they are not high rollers but they do gamble some. And they frequent the concession stands.....

I don't mean to come down hard on you pacer2. Apologies. What you said is a topic that just kills me. Game is never treated as a gambling game and it will end up killing the industry

Liberty Bell

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1612
Re: Is meadowlands trying to make their racing as bad as possible
« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2025, 11:49:46 AM »
     Its not all old men  ngc3   Many start young! Anthony Nap was an amateur for years.

There are some younger guys but many of the drivers are also very heavy. I usually don't bet those races anyway.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2025, 11:53:22 AM by Scooteroo »

Bitter Truth

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2619
Re: Is meadowlands trying to make their racing as bad as possible
« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2025, 11:50:18 AM »
I try not to get too wrapped up in this anymore BUT since you are giving out lessons Pacer,
try using an apostrophe when referring to 'amateur's' friends. 11.wp

Pacer 2

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2974
Re: Is meadowlands trying to make their racing as bad as possible
« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2025, 11:50:58 AM »
I don't mean to come down hard on you pacer2. Apologies. What you said is a topic that just kills me. Game is never treated as a gambling game and it will end up killing the industry
 
  Its ok. I'm smart enough to realize that I'm not going to change your mind and your not going to change mine...and I'm pretty thick skinned.  tmbz1

Pacer 2

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2974
Re: Is meadowlands trying to make their racing as bad as possible
« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2025, 11:51:40 AM »
I try not to get too wrapped up in this anymore BUT since you are giving out lessons Pacer,
try using an apostrophe when referring to 'amateur's' friends. 11.wp
   TY

Ignorance Is Bliss

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 7642
Re: Is meadowlands trying to make their racing as bad as possible
« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2025, 01:26:12 PM »
I try not to get too wrapped up in this anymore BUT since you are giving out lessons Pacer,
try using an apostrophe when referring to 'amateur's' friends. 11.wp

Waste of a perfectly good 7th grade education.

 

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • JT: I'd play 10 tracks to if I hit almost every race at all of them ngc3
    Today at 08:10:33 PM
  • Sweet: Bello is a cyborg  ;D
    Today at 08:08:44 PM
  • Sweet: Calhoun hates Mike because he's a t-bred guy, but if the flats were on his radar Calhoun would be thanking him for protecting his 1 / 4000 of his horse from abuse and being cheated  ngc3
    Today at 07:53:44 PM
  • JT: He said he was going to a hockey game. I would expect him around 9 or 10..pretty bare basics ngc3
    Today at 07:48:26 PM
  • andrew: darnold got quiet/and y'all now left town
    Today at 07:44:46 PM
  • Sweet: Bello is a total nut...hits the finale at pinnochio, a 15- winner and exacta at the  96z.p lakes, now RCR... 52xc.2
    Today at 07:35:46 PM
  • JT: I would NEVER doubt him, especially the "b" tracks in harness..his specialty  tmbz1
    Today at 07:33:19 PM
  • Sweet: Bello knocke dthem out race 1 at RCR - 9    Franco Tristan N    Fern Paquet Jr    $108.00   62za.clp says doubt me and you can  11.bz him, I won't doubt you!  ngc3
    Today at 07:31:36 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal