Author Topic: Monticello Race 4  (Read 9105 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bogeyman

  • 4 claimer
  • **
  • Posts: 60
Monticello Race 4
« on: March 26, 2025, 08:06:45 PM »
If you have a moment - and want a laugh........watc h/listen to Howard Oil's race call especially as the horses come down to the line.......oops ngc3



RR70s

  • Top Claimer
  • ***
  • Posts: 117
Re: Monticello Race 4
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2025, 08:36:08 PM »
Geez, what a jinx race call  ngc3

Papillon

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2609
Re: Monticello Race 4
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2025, 09:37:08 PM »
wow--almost as bad as .....


"Greenshoe drawing clear"

Onthefront11

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 580
Re: Monticello Race 4
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2025, 10:19:51 PM »
Embarrassing

Superfecta

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 4690
Re: Monticello Race 4
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2025, 10:43:06 PM »
The guy is awful.

SPREE2015

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1679
Re: Monticello Race 4
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2025, 12:06:42 AM »
🥚 all over announcers face
HE BECAME SILENT FOR QUITE AWHILE

Locked in with pace

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1324
Re: Monticello Race 4
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2025, 06:40:07 AM »
At least he didn't say his usual, " YOU CAN PUT THE WHIP AWAY."

Bogeyman

  • 4 claimer
  • **
  • Posts: 60
Re: Monticello Race 4
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2025, 08:39:05 AM »
I suppose it could have worse....last year he called a race where he said the lead horse had "an surmountable lead" AT THE HALF!!! That horse finished out of the money........ ngc3

Superfecta

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 4690
Re: Monticello Race 4
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2025, 10:07:05 AM »
At least he didn't say his usual, " YOU CAN PUT THE WHIP AWAY."

He stole that from Jack E Lee. Jack used to say it to Howard Parker.
His usual is “Who do you like ?” Instead of calling the 4 or 5 horse finish, he yells like a little girl.

Locked in with pace

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1324
Re: Monticello Race 4
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2025, 10:32:32 AM »
When you have a track with cheap horses and purses, you will not get a top grade announcer.  Howard has been there for 30 years and will be there till the day he retires.

sledge hammer

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1712
Re: Monticello Race 4
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2025, 10:53:55 AM »
Been there 43 years I think. I haven't listened recently but I did always kind of like him.

JL52

  • Open / FFA
  • ****
  • Posts: 444
Re: Monticello Race 4
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2025, 10:57:57 AM »
Prior to Monticello, he was back-up at Foxboro. Many years ago, he told me a funny story of having to drive the starting gate from one track to another ( I can’t remember, but maybe Foxboro to one of the fairs in Maine). He told me he got quite a few stares as he drove down the highway with it.

toothman

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1410
Re: Monticello Race 4
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2025, 11:04:37 AM »
He's good enough.
Doesn't give me a headache.
I wish he would have acknowledged his screwup in a light hearted way.
People just hate to cop to their mistakes....

sledge hammer

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1712
Re: Monticello Race 4
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2025, 12:22:50 PM »
He's good enough.
Doesn't give me a headache.
I wish he would have acknowledged his screwup in a light hearted way.
People just hate to cop to their mistakes....

Yes I like when announcers are humble and correct their mistakes, shows they are actually human.
Like sports broadcasters that say something that's blatantly incorrect and you hear crickets afterwards...noth ing wrong or embarrassing about correcting a mistake

seriously

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 811
Re: Monticello Race 4
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2025, 01:33:22 PM »
Been there 43 years I think. I haven't listened recently but I did always kind of like him.

I do too!  Monticello without him is just not Monticello.  I accept mistakes from people I like. 

 

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Trigger: At Plop U. my alma mater, the motto is - Flush Your Life Away...II feel I've successfully lived up to it as well as keep up with my student loan interest payments to Rocky directly..shere does that $$$$ go  ngc3
    Today at 08:37:45 AM
  • JL52: JL52
    Today at 08:21:00 AM
  • Trigger: When Plop Admin kills a nigga he stays dead...in Tennessee, Krista Pike was give a lethal injection, then another, which didn't get here dead but snore loudly.  Talk about incompetant cunts...in other news there our beloved Dolly Parton remains deceased.  Guess if you wanna kill someone righy there ask an old woman  ngc3
    Today at 08:01:28 AM
  • wiggles44: Get some rest Mike.  Busy day doing nothing today.   :)
    Today at 07:42:38 AM
  • Trigger: You must receive a prize after saying "dick pic" in this forum 20 times today  ngc3
    September 30, 2026, 11:18:23 PM
  • Kirby's Ace: And put your pecker away you pervert
    September 30, 2026, 11:16:36 PM
  • Kirby's Ace: ngc3
    September 30, 2026, 11:16:12 PM
  • Kirby's Ace: Repeat 10 times and say 5 hail Mary's. Kirbys Ace, Kirbys Ace Kirbys Ace,Kirbys Ace and the last one Kirby's Ace!
    September 30, 2026, 11:15:36 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal