Author Topic: If you could bring back any 3 harness tracks, which ones would they be?  (Read 28578 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

The Doctor

  • 4 claimer
  • **
  • Posts: 95
Re: If you could bring back any 3 harness tracks, which ones would they be?
« Reply #60 on: January 12, 2025, 01:13:46 AM »
Maywood
Sportsman's
Hawthorne

Superfecta

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 4690
Re: If you could bring back any 3 harness tracks, which ones would they be?
« Reply #61 on: January 12, 2025, 02:11:28 PM »
Roosevelt (when it was demolished my wife paid a crew member and they went up with her to the clubhouse and dismantled the box seats on the finish line we used to sit in almost every racenight for 15 years and she gave them to me for our next anniversary.  We kept them till we moved from Long Island to Seattle.  Great track and great memories as an owner and a patron.)

Blue Bonnets (went there on my honeymoon in early April of 1967; great clubhouse dining setup with really attractive young girls taking our bets at the table!! Food and racing were both enjoyable, but doubled the cost of my honeymoon.)

Green Mountain (had a wonderful trainer in New England, Billy Silk, who would handle all of our young-uns and the ones recovering from injuries... would build them up and then race them at Hinsdale and/or Green Mountain, but Green Mountain was in a much nicer setting.) 

I guess I could add a 4th now...Freehold.  Yes, it had its "issues" but Anthony Abbatiello handled my "2nd tier" horses and when I would come out to his farm we would go to the American Hotel, which had the best Mac & Cheese in the World..and then to the track.  He was a real horseman...lots of great stories and too many horses that had to race there instead of the Big M, RR or YR (or Garden State when it was open).

You posted the Roosevelt Raceway story last year under a different name. Thanks !!!

Kole Hanover

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1120
  • Beautiful days in Lexington
Re: If you could bring back any 3 harness tracks, which ones would they be?
« Reply #62 on: January 12, 2025, 04:19:37 PM »


 ^ thought I read it somewhere lol
Eye on a few in Lexington, only buying 1 & will pickup a couple in Harrisburg. Have had better luck there.
  Lex is always fun though but can be over priced.

Mazola

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1365
Re: If you could bring back any 3 harness tracks, which ones would they be?
« Reply #63 on: January 12, 2025, 06:19:49 PM »
You posted the Roosevelt Raceway story last year under a different name. Thanks !!!

I remember reading it and am sure it was under the same name.
Right wing Christians are frauds

Mbdreamer

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 534
Re: If you could bring back any 3 harness tracks, which ones would they be?
« Reply #64 on: January 12, 2025, 06:25:26 PM »
Pompano, Pompano, Pompano

rainman2

  • Living Legend
  • *******
  • Posts: 27286
Re: If you could bring back any 3 harness tracks, which ones would they be?
« Reply #65 on: January 12, 2025, 07:04:41 PM »
Pompano, Pompano, Pompano

Yes!  And when you live down here year it's even tougher!  No live action, and your trainer only brings babies down to break instead of racehorses to race, it isn't as much fun!
Horseplop isn’t a popularity contest!!

drink more beer

  • Top Claimer
  • ***
  • Posts: 192
Re: If you could bring back any 3 harness tracks, which ones would they be?
« Reply #66 on: January 12, 2025, 09:15:29 PM »
No order but
Jackson harness raceway ( cmon $1 beer night)
 Windsor ( vinegar fries)
 Raceway park ( cinco demayo restaurant)
 Had to add food .. Sorry

SeattleSlew

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 702
Re: If you could bring back any 3 harness tracks, which ones would they be?
« Reply #67 on: January 12, 2025, 10:32:29 PM »

 ^ thought I read it somewhere lol

Actually, may have posted before, as I don't keep a log of what I post where; however it was NOT under a different name as I have been SeattleSlew from the day I joined this forum, as Mazola has correctly remembered!!  However, I am glad you remembered it ;>>)

whiptherabbit

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2596
Re: If you could bring back any 3 harness tracks, which ones would they be?
« Reply #68 on: January 13, 2025, 09:46:07 AM »
Windsor Raceway
Rockingham Park
Scarborough Downs

Kole Hanover

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1120
  • Beautiful days in Lexington
Re: If you could bring back any 3 harness tracks, which ones would they be?
« Reply #69 on: January 14, 2025, 02:21:43 AM »
Actually, may have posted before, as I don't keep a log of what I post where; however it was NOT under a different name as I have been SeattleSlew from the day I joined this forum, as Mazola has correctly remembered!!  However, I am glad you remembered it ;>>)

 Yes, I recognize your name & knew I read that somewhere.

 What a good story, sad how many tracks we have lost
Eye on a few in Lexington, only buying 1 & will pickup a couple in Harrisburg. Have had better luck there.
  Lex is always fun though but can be over priced.

Dave

  • NW-1
  • *
  • Posts: 43
Re: If you could bring back any 3 harness tracks, which ones would they be?
« Reply #70 on: January 14, 2025, 03:54:22 PM »
Sportsmans, Balmoral, and Washington Park.   (I still have hopes for Balmoral.)

luker2453

  • Top Claimer
  • ***
  • Posts: 160
Re: If you could bring back any 3 harness tracks, which ones would they be?
« Reply #71 on: January 14, 2025, 09:42:03 PM »
How in the world is Balmoral going to come back?

rainman2

  • Living Legend
  • *******
  • Posts: 27286
Re: If you could bring back any 3 harness tracks, which ones would they be?
« Reply #72 on: January 14, 2025, 11:16:02 PM »
Pompano, Pompano, Pompano

When you came down to race at pompano, the weather was the primary consideration.  If you broke even, you did well!
Horseplop isn’t a popularity contest!!

Sam R

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2456
Re: If you could bring back any 3 harness tracks, which ones would they be?
« Reply #73 on: January 15, 2025, 10:17:11 AM »
Roosevelt
Hindsdale
Atlantic City

 

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Trigger: <----  ngc3
    Today at 09:49:22 PM
  • G: Sweet: Ant would wish your daughters raped by a bunch of niggers then set on fire...I miss him so much!   ngc3  Sweet: Where's MikeAnt when you need him  ngc3
    Today at 08:38:09 PM
  • Trigger: Calhoun, genius shows you how to make $$$ after the race  ngc3
    Today at 11:16:20 AM
  • Calhoun: An 8-horse $2 parlay of 3/5 winners = $ 85.  Of 4/5 winners = $4/5 winners = $108... Remarkable. $$$
    Today at 11:00:16 AM
  • Dingus: I’m impressed
    Today at 09:50:46 AM
  • JT: You da man bello ;D
    October 04, 2026, 09:47:47 PM
  • dougie: Nice job BELLO!!!!!
    October 04, 2026, 09:31:49 PM
  • Trigger: You and genius are now a page 3 story, Bello SWEPT THE FIRST 8 Races at Northfield  62za.clp 62za.clp 86z.st 62za.clp 62za.clp
    October 04, 2026, 09:29:39 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal